I will be returning to Sicily with my family in the summer of 2014. I am planning now for what I hope to be a wonderful trip. My daughters will be 19, 15, & 12. We were in Italy 2 springs ago and had a magnificent vacation. We visited Rome, Venice, Florence and Sicily. My family was from Sicily. This time we want to explore more of Sicily and briefly visit Malta. We are wondering if anyone might offer some must see places off the tourist maps. We want to visit the ocean, small towns and relax and become like a local. We will have two weeks to do this. We are comfortable driving and the girls are great travellers. My family is from Polizzi Generosa a very small mountain town near Cefalu. We are planning on visiting there. Any other suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 2 Story of the German Christmas star
- 3 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 4 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 5 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 6 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 7 Airport ATMs
- 8 Help with European vacation plan
- 9 Three ferries to Mull
- 10 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 11 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 12 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 13 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 14 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 15 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 16 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 17 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 18 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 19 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 20 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 21 American Express
- 22 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 23 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 24 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 25 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange