I will be returning to Sicily with my family in the summer of 2014. I am planning now for what I hope to be a wonderful trip. My daughters will be 19, 15, & 12. We were in Italy 2 springs ago and had a magnificent vacation. We visited Rome, Venice, Florence and Sicily. My family was from Sicily. This time we want to explore more of Sicily and briefly visit Malta. We are wondering if anyone might offer some must see places off the tourist maps. We want to visit the ocean, small towns and relax and become like a local. We will have two weeks to do this. We are comfortable driving and the girls are great travellers. My family is from Polizzi Generosa a very small mountain town near Cefalu. We are planning on visiting there. Any other suggestions?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 first european holiday itinery
- 2 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 3 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 4 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 5 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 6 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 7 7 days in Andalucia
- 8 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 9 To Paris and Provence in June
- 10 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 11 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 12 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 13 London at Easter
- 14 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 15 Health Resort & Medical Spa Panorama Morska Jarosławiec
- 16 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 17 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 18 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 19 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 20 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 21 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 22 Advises for trip to Russia
- 23 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 24 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 25 Planning a holiday