I will be returning to Sicily with my family in the summer of 2014. I am planning now for what I hope to be a wonderful trip. My daughters will be 19, 15, & 12. We were in Italy 2 springs ago and had a magnificent vacation. We visited Rome, Venice, Florence and Sicily. My family was from Sicily. This time we want to explore more of Sicily and briefly visit Malta. We are wondering if anyone might offer some must see places off the tourist maps. We want to visit the ocean, small towns and relax and become like a local. We will have two weeks to do this. We are comfortable driving and the girls are great travellers. My family is from Polizzi Generosa a very small mountain town near Cefalu. We are planning on visiting there. Any other suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lakes District UK
- 2 Share Your Smile
- 3 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 4 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 5 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 6 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 7 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 8 St Germain
- 9 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 10 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 11 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 12 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 13 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 14 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 15 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 16 Rome Areas to stay
- 17 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 18 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 19 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 20 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 21 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 22 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 23 Careful now in train stations even after security
- 24 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 25 When to go to Sicily