I am very interested in visiting Sicily but it doesn't look like I will be able to get away from work for any good chunk of time. If I had six full days on the island, would that be enough time to get a good taste of things? I am not a beach person and I am considering late-March or early October (this year). I like the usual stuff: architecture, history--ancient and modern, art, natural beauty, food, wine. Never met a museum I didn't like.
Would I spend too much time driving if I flew into Palermo and out of Catania?
Sorry for the vagueness. This plan is just beginning to take shape, but I am not sure it is at all realistic. I've had to put off a couple of trips already due to work, and I'm getting kinda crazy.
Any ideas welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Back from Paris
- 2 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 3 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 4 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 5 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 11 International Flight Question
- 12 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 13 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 14 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 15 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 16 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 17 Luggage Storage
- 18 LIsbon
- 19 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days