I am very interested in visiting Sicily but it doesn't look like I will be able to get away from work for any good chunk of time. If I had six full days on the island, would that be enough time to get a good taste of things? I am not a beach person and I am considering late-March or early October (this year). I like the usual stuff: architecture, history--ancient and modern, art, natural beauty, food, wine. Never met a museum I didn't like.
Would I spend too much time driving if I flew into Palermo and out of Catania?
Sorry for the vagueness. This plan is just beginning to take shape, but I am not sure it is at all realistic. I've had to put off a couple of trips already due to work, and I'm getting kinda crazy.
Any ideas welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 retruning to US with souveniers
- 2 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 3 Italy in January?
- 4 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 5 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 6 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 7 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 8 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 9 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 10 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 11 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 12 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 13 10 days in London in early December
- 14 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 15 Berlin to ?
- 16 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 17 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 18 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 19 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 20 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 21 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 22 Scotland in December
- 23 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 24 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 25 Itinerary Help for Sicily