I am very interested in visiting Sicily but it doesn't look like I will be able to get away from work for any good chunk of time. If I had six full days on the island, would that be enough time to get a good taste of things? I am not a beach person and I am considering late-March or early October (this year). I like the usual stuff: architecture, history--ancient and modern, art, natural beauty, food, wine. Never met a museum I didn't like.
Would I spend too much time driving if I flew into Palermo and out of Catania?
Sorry for the vagueness. This plan is just beginning to take shape, but I am not sure it is at all realistic. I've had to put off a couple of trips already due to work, and I'm getting kinda crazy.
Any ideas welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Beaune France
- 2 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 3 advance tickets?
- 4 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 38 Days in Paris
- 7 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 8 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 9 A week in Paris
- 10 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 11 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 12 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 13 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 14 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 15 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 16 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 17 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 20 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 21 Cordoba Overnight?
- 22 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 23 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 24 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 25 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?