I am very interested in visiting Sicily but it doesn't look like I will be able to get away from work for any good chunk of time. If I had six full days on the island, would that be enough time to get a good taste of things? I am not a beach person and I am considering late-March or early October (this year). I like the usual stuff: architecture, history--ancient and modern, art, natural beauty, food, wine. Never met a museum I didn't like.
Would I spend too much time driving if I flew into Palermo and out of Catania?
Sorry for the vagueness. This plan is just beginning to take shape, but I am not sure it is at all realistic. I've had to put off a couple of trips already due to work, and I'm getting kinda crazy.
Any ideas welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 2 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 3 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 4 Last minute trip to Capri
- 5 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 6 AMS Car Rental
- 7 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 8 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 9 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 10 Where to eat in Rome?
- 11 weekend from cologne germany
- 12 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 13 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 14 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 15 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 16 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 17 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 18 Milan and Lake Como
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 21 One week in Europe
- 22 Budapest to Kosice
- 23 Venice in October... by myself! (Please advise.)
- 24 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 25 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?