I am very interested in visiting Sicily but it doesn't look like I will be able to get away from work for any good chunk of time. If I had six full days on the island, would that be enough time to get a good taste of things? I am not a beach person and I am considering late-March or early October (this year). I like the usual stuff: architecture, history--ancient and modern, art, natural beauty, food, wine. Never met a museum I didn't like.
Would I spend too much time driving if I flew into Palermo and out of Catania?
Sorry for the vagueness. This plan is just beginning to take shape, but I am not sure it is at all realistic. I've had to put off a couple of trips already due to work, and I'm getting kinda crazy.
Any ideas welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 2 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 3 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Paris Metro
- 6 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 7 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 8 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 9 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 10 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 11 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 12 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 13 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 14 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 getting to CDG
- 17 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 18 Cambrils
- 19 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 20 Amalfi Coast help
- 21 CDG airport and connection time
- 22 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 23 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 24 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 25 solo guy traveling to europe help please