I am very interested in visiting Sicily but it doesn't look like I will be able to get away from work for any good chunk of time. If I had six full days on the island, would that be enough time to get a good taste of things? I am not a beach person and I am considering late-March or early October (this year). I like the usual stuff: architecture, history--ancient and modern, art, natural beauty, food, wine. Never met a museum I didn't like.
Would I spend too much time driving if I flew into Palermo and out of Catania?
Sorry for the vagueness. This plan is just beginning to take shape, but I am not sure it is at all realistic. I've had to put off a couple of trips already due to work, and I'm getting kinda crazy.
Any ideas welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 2 First time in Bulgaria
- 3 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 4 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 7 Self drive tour companies
- 8 Cambridge in May
- 9 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 12 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 13 Madrid/Lisbon
- 14 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 15 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 16 Greek fuel cost
- 17 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 18 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 19 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 20 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 21 Day trips from Florence
- 22 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 23 May get together in Paris
- 24 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 25 Planning a Trip to Greece