I had planned to visit Sicily for my first time ever in September, but I would have more time to spend if I go in October. I have consulted a few guidebooks, but I'd rather get information from people who can answer my specific question:
If I visit Sicily in early-to-mid- October, will it still be warm enough to visit a beach - preferably near Palermo - and swim? (I'm not spending the whole week on the beach, but I have always wanted to swim in the Mediterranean). I am used to New York beaches where the water is pretty cold even in summer, and always murky. Swimming in relatively clear blue water is something I very much want to experience.
Also, if anyone has any recommendations for good, (preferably sandy) beaches within easy commuting distance of Palermo, that would be most appreciated.
Thank you for any feedback you can give me. This is a dream vacation for me (I've never been out of the USA, and my family on my late Father's side is Italian), and the swimming is an essential element of it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 2 Best daypack ?
- 3 Flights to Crete from NE coast of USA
- 4 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 5 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 6 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 7 Best layover option
- 8 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 9 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 10 Iceland car rental agencies
- 11 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 12 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 13 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 14 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 15 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 16 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 17 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 18 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 19 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 20 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 21 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 22 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 23 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 24 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 25 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?