I had planned to visit Sicily for my first time ever in September, but I would have more time to spend if I go in October. I have consulted a few guidebooks, but I'd rather get information from people who can answer my specific question:
If I visit Sicily in early-to-mid- October, will it still be warm enough to visit a beach - preferably near Palermo - and swim? (I'm not spending the whole week on the beach, but I have always wanted to swim in the Mediterranean). I am used to New York beaches where the water is pretty cold even in summer, and always murky. Swimming in relatively clear blue water is something I very much want to experience.
Also, if anyone has any recommendations for good, (preferably sandy) beaches within easy commuting distance of Palermo, that would be most appreciated.
Thank you for any feedback you can give me. This is a dream vacation for me (I've never been out of the USA, and my family on my late Father's side is Italian), and the swimming is an essential element of it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 2 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 3 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 4 Scotland in 7 Days
- 5 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 6 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 7 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 8 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 9 Short Trip in July
- 10 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 11 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 12 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 13 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 14 Norway in a Nutshell - Travel Report
- 15 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 16 Azores
- 17 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 18 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 19 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 20 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 21 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 22 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 23 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 24 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 25 Sim Card Options