I had planned to visit Sicily for my first time ever in September, but I would have more time to spend if I go in October. I have consulted a few guidebooks, but I'd rather get information from people who can answer my specific question:
If I visit Sicily in early-to-mid- October, will it still be warm enough to visit a beach - preferably near Palermo - and swim? (I'm not spending the whole week on the beach, but I have always wanted to swim in the Mediterranean). I am used to New York beaches where the water is pretty cold even in summer, and always murky. Swimming in relatively clear blue water is something I very much want to experience.
Also, if anyone has any recommendations for good, (preferably sandy) beaches within easy commuting distance of Palermo, that would be most appreciated.
Thank you for any feedback you can give me. This is a dream vacation for me (I've never been out of the USA, and my family on my late Father's side is Italian), and the swimming is an essential element of it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 2 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 5 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 6 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 7 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 8 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 11 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 12 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 13 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 14 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 15 Bruges
- 16 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 17 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 18 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 19 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 20 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 21 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 22 Planning A trip
- 23 A week in the Occitanie
- 24 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 25 Paris Neighborhood Help