I had planned to visit Sicily for my first time ever in September, but I would have more time to spend if I go in October. I have consulted a few guidebooks, but I'd rather get information from people who can answer my specific question:
If I visit Sicily in early-to-mid- October, will it still be warm enough to visit a beach - preferably near Palermo - and swim? (I'm not spending the whole week on the beach, but I have always wanted to swim in the Mediterranean). I am used to New York beaches where the water is pretty cold even in summer, and always murky. Swimming in relatively clear blue water is something I very much want to experience.
Also, if anyone has any recommendations for good, (preferably sandy) beaches within easy commuting distance of Palermo, that would be most appreciated.
Thank you for any feedback you can give me. This is a dream vacation for me (I've never been out of the USA, and my family on my late Father's side is Italian), and the swimming is an essential element of it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 2 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 3 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 4 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 5 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 6 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 7 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 8 Trains in Alps and UK
- 9 Switzerland
- 10 CDG airport and connection time
- 11 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 12 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 13 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 14 Travelogue: Sweden with kids
- 15 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 16 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 17 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 18 Dash to Sicily January Advice hel....
- 19 If you had to choose one......
- 20 Where to buy Saffron?
- 21 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 22 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 23 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 24 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 25 days and times when museums and suchlike close