We have decided to spend our summer holiday in Sicily. We were considering Crete (and to a lesser extent, Sardinia), but Sicily has everything we are looking for.
We are flying into Palermo and we have to decide how to spend our 18 days. How much time do we allocate to Palermo? Do we try and see much of the island or concentrate on one area (eastern or western)? We would also like to allocate a few days to the Aeolian islands, if you think they are worth it. There seems to be so much to see that we do not even know where to start.
We are a family of four (my husband and I and our two boys, ages 17 and 19) and we all enjoy culture, medieval towns, history and historic sites we and also want to have a few days of relaxation at a beautiful beach or two. We have travelled to many parts of Italy over the last few years and are very excited to now plan our trip to Sicily.
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 2 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 3 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 4 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 7 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 8 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 9 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 10 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 11 Driving through Paris
- 12 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 13 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 14 San Sebastián
- 15 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 16 italy Cinque Terre
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 19 Can parking
- 20 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 21 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 22 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 23 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 24 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna