We have decided to spend our summer holiday in Sicily. We were considering Crete (and to a lesser extent, Sardinia), but Sicily has everything we are looking for.
We are flying into Palermo and we have to decide how to spend our 18 days. How much time do we allocate to Palermo? Do we try and see much of the island or concentrate on one area (eastern or western)? We would also like to allocate a few days to the Aeolian islands, if you think they are worth it. There seems to be so much to see that we do not even know where to start.
We are a family of four (my husband and I and our two boys, ages 17 and 19) and we all enjoy culture, medieval towns, history and historic sites we and also want to have a few days of relaxation at a beautiful beach or two. We have travelled to many parts of Italy over the last few years and are very excited to now plan our trip to Sicily.
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 5 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 8 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 9 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 10 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 11 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 12 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 13 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 14 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Salzburg itinerary review
- 17 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 18 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 weekend from cologne germany
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 Switzerland in September
- 23 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 24 Where to eat in Rome?
- 25 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?