We have decided to spend our summer holiday in Sicily. We were considering Crete (and to a lesser extent, Sardinia), but Sicily has everything we are looking for.
We are flying into Palermo and we have to decide how to spend our 18 days. How much time do we allocate to Palermo? Do we try and see much of the island or concentrate on one area (eastern or western)? We would also like to allocate a few days to the Aeolian islands, if you think they are worth it. There seems to be so much to see that we do not even know where to start.
We are a family of four (my husband and I and our two boys, ages 17 and 19) and we all enjoy culture, medieval towns, history and historic sites we and also want to have a few days of relaxation at a beautiful beach or two. We have travelled to many parts of Italy over the last few years and are very excited to now plan our trip to Sicily.
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 2 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 3 http://dermaessencecreamblog.com/nature-renew/
- 4 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 5 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 6 Engadine Valley help
- 7 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 8 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 9 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 10 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 11 Honeymoon in Greece
- 12 Italy for Christmas Week
- 13 A Month stay in Southern France
- 14 Shoes in Scotland
- 15 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 16 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 17 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 18 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 19 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 20 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 21 Portugal with large family
- 22 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 23 restaurants in Marais district
- 24 Sicily
- 25 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)