My fiance and I are going to be in Europe for 3 months. We are going to be in Italia in June. We have been to Italy in 2009 and visited the Cinque Terre, Florence, and Tuscany.
This summer , we are thinking of going to Bologna for a week to explore Emilia-Romagna. Then head south to Amalfi Coast and/or Sicily. If we stay in Sicily for 2 weeks, is Taormina is a good home base? I have read that 2 weeks is perfect for exploring Sicily. Also, I was thinking of staying for a few days in the Amalfi Coast and then head down to Sicily. What and where should we stay in the Amalfi Coast if we decide to stay?
Thank you so much for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 2 Avoid Europcar!
- 3 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 4 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 5 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 6 quickest way to Prague
- 7 Paris for children
- 8 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 9 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 10 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 11 Scotland - We're Here!
- 12 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 13 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 14 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 15 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 16 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 17 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 18 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 19 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 20 16 days in France and Italy
- 21 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 22 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 23 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 24 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 25 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
Sicily for 2 weeks or 1 week in Amalfi Coast & 1 week in Sicily