I am starting to think about a fun family trip for myself, my husband, my parents and my sister for my sister's 30th birthday trip next year (thinking early September 2012). We are going to book with miles, so we will need to figure out our general plan in the next few months.
We will have ~10 days and are thinking about starting in Sicily (no clue where yet), spending 4-5 days there, taking 2-3 days to drive up the western coast of Italy, spend 1 day in Pompeii and get rid of our car in Naples. From there, my husband and I will go to Rome for 2 days before we go back to Chicago and my family will go to Capri, on to Bari, then to Greece (or somewhere else...haven't gotten that far yet!).
All of us are active (hiking, camping, running...though mom and sister are on the lower end of the active scale), enjoy eating (the family is vegetarian and LOVES Italian food - esp pizza / pasta), and enjoy learning about other cultures. Would appreciate your must dos and any advice on driving from Sicily to Napoli.
I was wondering if you had any recommendations for an amazing 10 day trip. Any favorite places to visit (and stay)? We will likely rent a little apartment in Sicily and use that as a base to get around. We will try to stay in little B&Bs for the rest of the trip. I truly appreciate your suggestions! Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 2 want to use Iphone in UK and Italy
- 3 HOTEL IN STOCKHOLM
- 4 http://megacleanseradvice.com/io-boost-reviews/
- 5 DO NOT USE GO TODAY.COM!
- 6 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 7 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 8 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 9 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 10 Norwegian Countryside
- 11 Just Back from Norway
- 12 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 13 Charles Degaulle question
- 14 Amsterdam and ?????
- 15 declare to furnish excessive-excessive-massive
- 16 So I am here revealing the secret of my muscular
- 17 Switzerland itinerary help
- 18 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 19 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 20 http://healthnbeautyfacts.com/leptigen-reviews/
- 21 Terminal 1 CDG Airport to Le Bus Direct Line 2 Station Airport
- 22 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
- 23 Amsterdam Hotel
- 24 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 25 FCO connection time