We (couple + 7 yrs old twins used to travel) are going to be in Sicily for 4 and half days, between 30 March and 3 April 2013, with a rented card.
I'd like to have your opinion about our plan, and your advice about where should we base ourselves.
Our plan is as follows: We arrive in the first day at 6 AM by ferry to Palermo, we'll visit Palermo for 5 hours or so, and after lunch we'll head south to the valley of temples in Agrigento (2 hours), visit it and the head east to our base on the east coast . Then we will go one day to Mt. Etna & Taormina, two days to Syracuse and the baroque towns of the south, and half day for Catania, going back to the same base each day. We leave in the fifth day at 15:00 from Catania Airport.
My questions are:
1. What do you think about our plan? What would you do different?
2. Where should we base ourselves? We prefer to rent an apartment or a small house. We thought about the Catania region because it is in the middle and close to the Airport from which we leave. Is it a good idea? If not - where is better (considering the a/m).
3. Can we climb to the summit of mt Etna at this time of the year (early April)?
4. Although we don't plan the trip for the children (but it is good to know) - what children activities are open at this time of the year?
5. What weather should we expect?
Thank you so much in advance for your kind assistance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 2 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 3 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 4 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 5 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 6 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 7 Five nights in Extremadura
- 8 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 9 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 10 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 11 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 12 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 13 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 14 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 15 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 16 Belarus closes borders with Ukraine - EBOLA alert!
- 17 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 18 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 19 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 20 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 21 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 22 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 23 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 24 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 25 Food tours in Rome?