We (couple + 7 yrs old twins used to travel) are going to be in Sicily for 4 and half days, between 30 March and 3 April 2013, with a rented card.
I'd like to have your opinion about our plan, and your advice about where should we base ourselves.
Our plan is as follows: We arrive in the first day at 6 AM by ferry to Palermo, we'll visit Palermo for 5 hours or so, and after lunch we'll head south to the valley of temples in Agrigento (2 hours), visit it and the head east to our base on the east coast . Then we will go one day to Mt. Etna & Taormina, two days to Syracuse and the baroque towns of the south, and half day for Catania, going back to the same base each day. We leave in the fifth day at 15:00 from Catania Airport.
My questions are:
1. What do you think about our plan? What would you do different?
2. Where should we base ourselves? We prefer to rent an apartment or a small house. We thought about the Catania region because it is in the middle and close to the Airport from which we leave. Is it a good idea? If not - where is better (considering the a/m).
3. Can we climb to the summit of mt Etna at this time of the year (early April)?
4. Although we don't plan the trip for the children (but it is good to know) - what children activities are open at this time of the year?
5. What weather should we expect?
Thank you so much in advance for your kind assistance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 2 Neuschwanstein to Linderhof by car
- 3 Help with Lucerne in April
- 4 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 5 Paris: Best Baguette of 2015
- 6 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 7 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 8 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 9 London Weekend
- 10 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 11 Dublin to Cashel
- 12 Sea side in Italy
- 13 San Sebastian or Pamploma?
- 14 Paris: Best Wine Bars
- 15 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 16 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 17 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 18 Time required from CDG airport to Louvre Museum?
- 19 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 20 5 days in France-What do we do!?
- 21 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 22 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 23 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 24 Please, please help us plan our trip to Europe!
- 25 Tour Guides or Tour Companies in Prague and Hotels