We (couple + 7 yrs old twins used to travel) are going to be in Sicily for 4 and half days, between 30 March and 3 April 2013, with a rented card.
I'd like to have your opinion about our plan, and your advice about where should we base ourselves.
Our plan is as follows: We arrive in the first day at 6 AM by ferry to Palermo, we'll visit Palermo for 5 hours or so, and after lunch we'll head south to the valley of temples in Agrigento (2 hours), visit it and the head east to our base on the east coast . Then we will go one day to Mt. Etna & Taormina, two days to Syracuse and the baroque towns of the south, and half day for Catania, going back to the same base each day. We leave in the fifth day at 15:00 from Catania Airport.
My questions are:
1. What do you think about our plan? What would you do different?
2. Where should we base ourselves? We prefer to rent an apartment or a small house. We thought about the Catania region because it is in the middle and close to the Airport from which we leave. Is it a good idea? If not - where is better (considering the a/m).
3. Can we climb to the summit of mt Etna at this time of the year (early April)?
4. Although we don't plan the trip for the children (but it is good to know) - what children activities are open at this time of the year?
5. What weather should we expect?
Thank you so much in advance for your kind assistance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Germain
- 2 Rome Areas to stay
- 3 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 4 Lakes District UK
- 5 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 6 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 7 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 8 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 9 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 10 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 11 otel.com / metglobal.com is a scam
- 12 how about a Malaga lunch?
- 13 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 14 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 15 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 16 England & Scotland in April
- 17 Rental car scams in Italy
- 18 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 19 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 20 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 21 Unique Venice Activity
- 22 22 days or DIY tour
- 23 Careful now in train stations even after security
- 24 Best way to get from paris to florence?
- 25 In France, French Summer Camps For Kids