We (couple + 7 yrs old twins used to travel) are going to be in Sicily for 4 and half days, between 30 March and 3 April 2013, with a rented card.
I'd like to have your opinion about our plan, and your advice about where should we base ourselves.
Our plan is as follows: We arrive in the first day at 6 AM by ferry to Palermo, we'll visit Palermo for 5 hours or so, and after lunch we'll head south to the valley of temples in Agrigento (2 hours), visit it and the head east to our base on the east coast . Then we will go one day to Mt. Etna & Taormina, two days to Syracuse and the baroque towns of the south, and half day for Catania, going back to the same base each day. We leave in the fifth day at 15:00 from Catania Airport.
My questions are:
1. What do you think about our plan? What would you do different?
2. Where should we base ourselves? We prefer to rent an apartment or a small house. We thought about the Catania region because it is in the middle and close to the Airport from which we leave. Is it a good idea? If not - where is better (considering the a/m).
3. Can we climb to the summit of mt Etna at this time of the year (early April)?
4. Although we don't plan the trip for the children (but it is good to know) - what children activities are open at this time of the year?
5. What weather should we expect?
Thank you so much in advance for your kind assistance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 2 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 3 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 4 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 5 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 6 thoughts on my itenerary France and Italy
- 7 Valencia Spain
- 8 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 9 Europe for Beginners
- 10 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 11 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 12 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 13 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 14 13 nights in switzerland
- 15 Best daypack ?
- 16 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 17 SURPRISE TRIP
- 18 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 19 Paris in August
- 20 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 21 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 22 Use of Train Tickets
- 23 Short time in Vienna
- 24 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland