We (couple + 7 yrs old twins used to travel) are going to be in Sicily for 4 and half days, between 30 March and 3 April 2013, with a rented card.
I'd like to have your opinion about our plan, and your advice about where should we base ourselves.
Our plan is as follows: We arrive in the first day at 6 AM by ferry to Palermo, we'll visit Palermo for 5 hours or so, and after lunch we'll head south to the valley of temples in Agrigento (2 hours), visit it and the head east to our base on the east coast . Then we will go one day to Mt. Etna & Taormina, two days to Syracuse and the baroque towns of the south, and half day for Catania, going back to the same base each day. We leave in the fifth day at 15:00 from Catania Airport.
My questions are:
1. What do you think about our plan? What would you do different?
2. Where should we base ourselves? We prefer to rent an apartment or a small house. We thought about the Catania region because it is in the middle and close to the Airport from which we leave. Is it a good idea? If not - where is better (considering the a/m).
3. Can we climb to the summit of mt Etna at this time of the year (early April)?
4. Although we don't plan the trip for the children (but it is good to know) - what children activities are open at this time of the year?
5. What weather should we expect?
Thank you so much in advance for your kind assistance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 2 Day trips from Bologna
- 3 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 4 Paris in black and white
- 5 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 6 Best time of day to get tickets to the Anne Frank Haus?
- 7 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 8 Terrorism in Europe
- 9 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 10 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 11 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 12 How did YOU get to Puglia?
- 13 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 14 Grad Schools in London?
- 15 Vicenza day trip - can we walk everywhere?
- 16 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 17 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 18 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 19 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 20 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 21 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 22 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 23 Mama Mia Italy!
- 24 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 25 Chasing the Tour de France 2014