We (couple + 7 yrs old twins used to travel) are going to be in Sicily for 4 and half days, between 30 March and 3 April 2013, with a rented card.
I'd like to have your opinion about our plan, and your advice about where should we base ourselves.
Our plan is as follows: We arrive in the first day at 6 AM by ferry to Palermo, we'll visit Palermo for 5 hours or so, and after lunch we'll head south to the valley of temples in Agrigento (2 hours), visit it and the head east to our base on the east coast . Then we will go one day to Mt. Etna & Taormina, two days to Syracuse and the baroque towns of the south, and half day for Catania, going back to the same base each day. We leave in the fifth day at 15:00 from Catania Airport.
My questions are:
1. What do you think about our plan? What would you do different?
2. Where should we base ourselves? We prefer to rent an apartment or a small house. We thought about the Catania region because it is in the middle and close to the Airport from which we leave. Is it a good idea? If not - where is better (considering the a/m).
3. Can we climb to the summit of mt Etna at this time of the year (early April)?
4. Although we don't plan the trip for the children (but it is good to know) - what children activities are open at this time of the year?
5. What weather should we expect?
Thank you so much in advance for your kind assistance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Itinerary for 8 days
- 2 http://getmenshealth.com/intelligex-review/
- 3 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 4 Where to go? Iceland vs Czech Republic?
- 5 Scotland: Summer Days in Skye
- 6 tipping
- 7 Visiting Cornwall without a car?
- 8 Germany
- 9 One suitcase or two for two weeks in Italy
- 10 The DCC scam is spreading
- 11 What clothes?
- 12 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 13 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 14 Rome at Christmas
- 15 Vienna sights and tickets to sights in Prague and Budapest
- 16 CDG airport, 2 tickets
- 17 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 18 The One Trip to Rule Them All
- 19 10 full days in Italy, creating an itinerary based on interests
- 20 4 Country Itinerary
- 21 East of the Amalfi Coast - stay or day trip?
- 22 Nothern versus Southern region of Spain
- 23 Cell Phone Data in Multiple Countries
- 24 Croatia Itenerary
- 25 Croatia Itinerary Help