We (couple + 7 yrs old twins used to travel) are going to be in Sicily for 4 and half days, between 30 March and 3 April 2013, with a rented card.
I'd like to have your opinion about our plan, and your advice about where should we base ourselves.
Our plan is as follows: We arrive in the first day at 6 AM by ferry to Palermo, we'll visit Palermo for 5 hours or so, and after lunch we'll head south to the valley of temples in Agrigento (2 hours), visit it and the head east to our base on the east coast . Then we will go one day to Mt. Etna & Taormina, two days to Syracuse and the baroque towns of the south, and half day for Catania, going back to the same base each day. We leave in the fifth day at 15:00 from Catania Airport.
My questions are:
1. What do you think about our plan? What would you do different?
2. Where should we base ourselves? We prefer to rent an apartment or a small house. We thought about the Catania region because it is in the middle and close to the Airport from which we leave. Is it a good idea? If not - where is better (considering the a/m).
3. Can we climb to the summit of mt Etna at this time of the year (early April)?
4. Although we don't plan the trip for the children (but it is good to know) - what children activities are open at this time of the year?
5. What weather should we expect?
Thank you so much in advance for your kind assistance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which swiss alps to visit? First time to Switzerland
- 2 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 3 Suggestions for special place to stay between Pisa and Cinque Terre
- 4 Where left high and dry by US credit cards in UK & France
- 5 Lauterbrunnen: hiking advisory
- 6 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 7 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 8 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 9 Mama Mia Italy!
- 10 Trying to find food items from Rome
- 11 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 12 Greece Itinerary suggestions!
- 13 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 14 Paris-Immersion School in the Dordogne-Languedoc-Aix & Lessons Learned
- 15 Barcelona for single female
- 16 Germany -- with Reformation emphasis
- 17 setenil de la bodegas and/or Ronda spain
- 18 Picos de Europa - Need advice please
- 19 Oviedo, Aviles or Gijon
- 20 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 21 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 22 Train from Le Havre to Paris
- 23 travel to western Europe from India
- 24 Milestone Birthday Trip-Where Would You Go?
- 25 Scotland on a farm by horse?