We (couple + 7 yrs old twins used to travel) are going to be in Sicily for 4 and half days, between 30 March and 3 April 2013, with a rented card.
I'd like to have your opinion about our plan, and your advice about where should we base ourselves.
Our plan is as follows: We arrive in the first day at 6 AM by ferry to Palermo, we'll visit Palermo for 5 hours or so, and after lunch we'll head south to the valley of temples in Agrigento (2 hours), visit it and the head east to our base on the east coast . Then we will go one day to Mt. Etna & Taormina, two days to Syracuse and the baroque towns of the south, and half day for Catania, going back to the same base each day. We leave in the fifth day at 15:00 from Catania Airport.
My questions are:
1. What do you think about our plan? What would you do different?
2. Where should we base ourselves? We prefer to rent an apartment or a small house. We thought about the Catania region because it is in the middle and close to the Airport from which we leave. Is it a good idea? If not - where is better (considering the a/m).
3. Can we climb to the summit of mt Etna at this time of the year (early April)?
4. Although we don't plan the trip for the children (but it is good to know) - what children activities are open at this time of the year?
5. What weather should we expect?
Thank you so much in advance for your kind assistance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 20 days in Germany
- 2 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 3 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 4 Nice or Marseille??
- 5 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 6 Final segment: unsolicited advice for first time Portugal travellers
- 7 Rome---August and September
- 8 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 9 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 10 South of France November Trip Report
- 11 Dresden or Leipzig
- 12 Auto Rental, Frankfurt Airport
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 15 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 16 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 17 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 18 Do you want to participate to my TV report for French TV ?
- 19 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 20 Moving to Belfast
- 21 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 22 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 23 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 24 Suitable jacket for Pyrenees tour in December
- 25 Best luggage for a 7 week trip