We (couple + 7 yrs old twins used to travel) are going to be in Sicily for 4 and half days, between 30 March and 3 April 2013, with a rented card.
I'd like to have your opinion about our plan, and your advice about where should we base ourselves.
Our plan is as follows: We arrive in the first day at 6 AM by ferry to Palermo, we'll visit Palermo for 5 hours or so, and after lunch we'll head south to the valley of temples in Agrigento (2 hours), visit it and the head east to our base on the east coast . Then we will go one day to Mt. Etna & Taormina, two days to Syracuse and the baroque towns of the south, and half day for Catania, going back to the same base each day. We leave in the fifth day at 15:00 from Catania Airport.
My questions are:
1. What do you think about our plan? What would you do different?
2. Where should we base ourselves? We prefer to rent an apartment or a small house. We thought about the Catania region because it is in the middle and close to the Airport from which we leave. Is it a good idea? If not - where is better (considering the a/m).
3. Can we climb to the summit of mt Etna at this time of the year (early April)?
4. Although we don't plan the trip for the children (but it is good to know) - what children activities are open at this time of the year?
5. What weather should we expect?
Thank you so much in advance for your kind assistance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Balleseede Castle in Trallee or Killarney
- 2 加拿大大学Q/微869520616办理SMU大学毕业证成绩单真实可查学位学历认证Saint Marys University
- 3 12 days in Italy
- 4 Most beautiful cities in Europe?
- 5 Itinerary tips for first timers
- 6 Buying Scrovegni Chapel tickets & Padova Card together
- 7 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 8 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 9 Ski resorts on Christmas Day/Eve in Switzerland
- 10 Favorite European cemeteries?
- 11 Globus vs. Insight for Italy
- 12 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 13 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 14 Vienna to Salzburg Please Help
- 15 Sunday Markets in Paris
- 16 3 Full days in Venice, what would be your itinerary?
- 17 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 18 Did I make a mistake arriving Venice on a holiday (Nov 1)?
- 19 Suggestions for an afternoon in Istanbul
- 20 2 Days in Istanbul
- 21 Journees du Patrimoine
- 22 Segovia Hotel
- 23 Italian Roadtrip ideas/feedback
- 24 The cathedral of Amiens in color
- 25 SIM card in Dublin Airport