We (couple + 7 yrs old twins used to travel) are going to be in Sicily for 4 and half days, between 30 March and 3 April 2013, with a rented card.
I'd like to have your opinion about our plan, and your advice about where should we base ourselves.
Our plan is as follows: We arrive in the first day at 6 AM by ferry to Palermo, we'll visit Palermo for 5 hours or so, and after lunch we'll head south to the valley of temples in Agrigento (2 hours), visit it and the head east to our base on the east coast . Then we will go one day to Mt. Etna & Taormina, two days to Syracuse and the baroque towns of the south, and half day for Catania, going back to the same base each day. We leave in the fifth day at 15:00 from Catania Airport.
My questions are:
1. What do you think about our plan? What would you do different?
2. Where should we base ourselves? We prefer to rent an apartment or a small house. We thought about the Catania region because it is in the middle and close to the Airport from which we leave. Is it a good idea? If not - where is better (considering the a/m).
3. Can we climb to the summit of mt Etna at this time of the year (early April)?
4. Although we don't plan the trip for the children (but it is good to know) - what children activities are open at this time of the year?
5. What weather should we expect?
Thank you so much in advance for your kind assistance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 2 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 3 Visiting Spain in January
- 4 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 5 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 6 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 7 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 8 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 9 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 10 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 11 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 12 Riga or Krakow for Christmas break?
- 13 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 14 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 15 French immersion courses in France
- 16 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 17 Paris---baguette question???
- 18 Europe in late January
- 19 Berlin
- 20 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 21 Where to stay in London?
- 22 What type of visa is right for me?
- 23 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 24 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 25 Loving Lisbon