We (couple + 7 yrs old twins used to travel) are going to be in Sicily for 4 and half days, between 30 March and 3 April 2013, with a rented card.
I'd like to have your opinion about our plan, and your advice about where should we base ourselves.
Our plan is as follows: We arrive in the first day at 6 AM by ferry to Palermo, we'll visit Palermo for 5 hours or so, and after lunch we'll head south to the valley of temples in Agrigento (2 hours), visit it and the head east to our base on the east coast . Then we will go one day to Mt. Etna & Taormina, two days to Syracuse and the baroque towns of the south, and half day for Catania, going back to the same base each day. We leave in the fifth day at 15:00 from Catania Airport.
My questions are:
1. What do you think about our plan? What would you do different?
2. Where should we base ourselves? We prefer to rent an apartment or a small house. We thought about the Catania region because it is in the middle and close to the Airport from which we leave. Is it a good idea? If not - where is better (considering the a/m).
3. Can we climb to the summit of mt Etna at this time of the year (early April)?
4. Although we don't plan the trip for the children (but it is good to know) - what children activities are open at this time of the year?
5. What weather should we expect?
Thank you so much in advance for your kind assistance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga resort day pass ?
- 2 Cycling in Denmark, land of burgers and bread
- 3 Trip Report - Portugal February 2015
- 4 My summer in Paris
- 5 9 Days Family Trip to London-Paris- Switzerland
- 6 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 7 London-Paris summer 2016
- 8 Which Heathrow Airport Car Service Would You Use?
- 9 La Colombe d'Or in St. Paul de Vence
- 10 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 11 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 12 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 13 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics
- 14 Outer Hebrides and north
- 15 day trip from Glasgow
- 16 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 17 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 18 Cinque Terre
- 19 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 20 experiences in Paris and Amalfi Coast
- 21 Paris food tours?
- 22 Any restaurant in London to enjoy a meal watching a cabaret singing show?
- 23 Transfer in AMS or FRA?
- 24 Getting to Cinque Terre from Croatia
- 25 What's on your bucket list?