We (couple + 7 yrs old twins used to travel) are going to be in Sicily for 4 and half days, between 30 March and 3 April 2013, with a rented card.
I'd like to have your opinion about our plan, and your advice about where should we base ourselves.
Our plan is as follows: We arrive in the first day at 6 AM by ferry to Palermo, we'll visit Palermo for 5 hours or so, and after lunch we'll head south to the valley of temples in Agrigento (2 hours), visit it and the head east to our base on the east coast . Then we will go one day to Mt. Etna & Taormina, two days to Syracuse and the baroque towns of the south, and half day for Catania, going back to the same base each day. We leave in the fifth day at 15:00 from Catania Airport.
My questions are:
1. What do you think about our plan? What would you do different?
2. Where should we base ourselves? We prefer to rent an apartment or a small house. We thought about the Catania region because it is in the middle and close to the Airport from which we leave. Is it a good idea? If not - where is better (considering the a/m).
3. Can we climb to the summit of mt Etna at this time of the year (early April)?
4. Although we don't plan the trip for the children (but it is good to know) - what children activities are open at this time of the year?
5. What weather should we expect?
Thank you so much in advance for your kind assistance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich to Milan via train
- 2 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 3 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 4 cable cars at Wank Mountain
- 5 air conditioning
- 6 Paris Visite pass
- 7 Cheap buses in Germany/Austria
- 8 Need help with Switzerland and Italy iterinary
- 9 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 10 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 11 Turkey Draft Itinerary
- 12 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 13 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 14 Barcelona sites: attire
- 15 Self-driving in Iceland
- 16 Ann Frank House
- 17 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 18 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 19 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 20 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 21 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 22 Slovenia & Croatia itinerary help
- 23 Referendum in Greece
- 24 Germany Itinerary suggestions please
- 25 Visa D - Student or Tourist?