We will be travelling to Sicily for a week in July. We would like to stay on the western side and we hope to have a car. We will be arriving at the Palermo airport and we were considering staying in Palermo as a home base for 3 or 4 days and then move on to Trapani for 3 or 4 days. We would like to visit Palermo, Cefalu and Agrigento as well as Erice and Marsala. However, I heard it's a nightmare to have a car in Palermo so I'm not sure whether we need a car or should we use the bus? Any suggestions for home bases or a plan for us?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 4 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 5 getting to CDG
- 6 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 7 A Month stay in Southern France
- 8 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 9 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 10 Revised itinerary for italy
- 11 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 12 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 13 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 14 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 15 Hotel in Vienna
- 16 Places of interest
- 17 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 18 Switzerland in November?
- 19 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 20 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 21 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 22 vienna
- 23 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 24 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 25 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?