We will be travelling to Sicily for a week in July. We would like to stay on the western side and we hope to have a car. We will be arriving at the Palermo airport and we were considering staying in Palermo as a home base for 3 or 4 days and then move on to Trapani for 3 or 4 days. We would like to visit Palermo, Cefalu and Agrigento as well as Erice and Marsala. However, I heard it's a nightmare to have a car in Palermo so I'm not sure whether we need a car or should we use the bus? Any suggestions for home bases or a plan for us?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 2 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 3 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 4 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 5 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 8 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 9 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 10 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 11 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 12 Bruges
- 13 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 14 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 15 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 16 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 17 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 18 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 19 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 20 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 21 Planning A trip
- 22 A week in the Occitanie
- 23 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba