We will be travelling to Sicily for a week in July. We would like to stay on the western side and we hope to have a car. We will be arriving at the Palermo airport and we were considering staying in Palermo as a home base for 3 or 4 days and then move on to Trapani for 3 or 4 days. We would like to visit Palermo, Cefalu and Agrigento as well as Erice and Marsala. However, I heard it's a nightmare to have a car in Palermo so I'm not sure whether we need a car or should we use the bus? Any suggestions for home bases or a plan for us?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 2 A few more questions about Brittany
- 3 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 5 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 6 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 7 Airports in France - help with transport between them
- 8 Sweet villages to base in La Rioja
- 9 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 10 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 11 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 12 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 13 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 14 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 15 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 16 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 17 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 18 Late December in eastern France / western Germany—where to go?
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 21 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 22 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 23 4 days each in London and Paris
- 24 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 25 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!