Boy was this train slow to Russia as I think they are building new tracks. It seemed like the trip took forever. It is still better than going to airports.
The Finnish train people were friendly but the others were not. Our passports and ticket were taken away for hours until early morning on the return trip from Moscow to Helsinki. What a scare that was but it turned out alright.. Be careful and do not joke around. The Russians are very serious people.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Undisclsoed location
- 2 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 3 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 4 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 5 Ronda Wine/biking
- 6 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 7 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 8 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 9 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 10 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 11 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 12 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 13 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 14 Italy bus or train
- 15 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 16 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 17 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 18 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 19 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 20 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 21 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 22 Praiano
- 23 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 24 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 25 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?