Boy was this train slow to Russia as I think they are building new tracks. It seemed like the trip took forever. It is still better than going to airports.
The Finnish train people were friendly but the others were not. Our passports and ticket were taken away for hours until early morning on the return trip from Moscow to Helsinki. What a scare that was but it turned out alright.. Be careful and do not joke around. The Russians are very serious people.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 2 Things to do in Brussels
- 3 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 4 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 5 K-Day
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 8 UK Visa Help
- 9 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 10 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 11 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 12 Spain in December
- 13 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 14 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 15 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 16 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 17 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 18 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 19 Cell Phone Question
- 20 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 21 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 22 Greek Islands (small)
- 23 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 24 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 25 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?