Boy was this train slow to Russia as I think they are building new tracks. It seemed like the trip took forever. It is still better than going to airports.
The Finnish train people were friendly but the others were not. Our passports and ticket were taken away for hours until early morning on the return trip from Moscow to Helsinki. What a scare that was but it turned out alright.. Be careful and do not joke around. The Russians are very serious people.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 2 God Save the Queen?
- 3 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 4 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 5 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 6 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 7 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 10 9 Days in Spain
- 11 Barcelona alternative
- 12 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 13 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 14 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 15 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 16 Spanish Medical Providers
- 17 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 18 Paris to Italy
- 19 Driving through Paris
- 20 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 21 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 22 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 23 Road trip with our dog
- 24 Frankfurt to UK
- 25 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please