Boy was this train slow to Russia as I think they are building new tracks. It seemed like the trip took forever. It is still better than going to airports.
The Finnish train people were friendly but the others were not. Our passports and ticket were taken away for hours until early morning on the return trip from Moscow to Helsinki. What a scare that was but it turned out alright.. Be careful and do not joke around. The Russians are very serious people.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin to Armagh?
- 2 Air pollution in Paris
- 3 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 6 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 7 Naxos in May
- 8 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 9 England and Scotland
- 10 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 11 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 12 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 13 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 14 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 15 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 16 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 17 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 18 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 19 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 20 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 21 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 22 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 23 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 24 France, Italy and Greec
- 25 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"