Boy was this train slow to Russia as I think they are building new tracks. It seemed like the trip took forever. It is still better than going to airports.
The Finnish train people were friendly but the others were not. Our passports and ticket were taken away for hours until early morning on the return trip from Moscow to Helsinki. What a scare that was but it turned out alright.. Be careful and do not joke around. The Russians are very serious people.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shipping wine from Italy to Massachusetts
- 2 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 3 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 4 Path of the gods.
- 5 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 6 Santorini
- 7 Help! Scotland Itinerary
- 8 Cordoba or Granada?
- 9 Planning roundtrip Greece
- 10 2 wk in Italy-Venice/Florence/CT/Pisa/Rome
- 11 Reservations needed for Frankfurt->Offenburg train?
- 12 Rome for a week
- 13 Need advice to plan a trip for graduation gift
- 14 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 15 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 16 Ireland with teen daughter
- 17 8 day trip from Denmark to Austria and Switzerland
- 18 What's your favorite indoor passage In Paris?
- 19 Please critique my itinerary
- 20 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 21 First time in Greece
- 22 toarmina or cefalu
- 23 BritRail Pass Seat Reservation Cost
- 24 Europe Trip 22 year olds
- 25 Planning Europe itinerary