I need some help. My husband and I are traveling to Italy for the first time in the end of Sept. We are flying into Rome for 5 nights, then CT for 2 nights, Florence/Tuscany 5 nights and lastly Venice for 2 nights. My big question is whether to stay in Florence for all 5 nights or find one/two hillside towns to stay in. The reason we are thinking about Florence for the entire 5 nights is we have hotel points for the Westin and we are trying to avoid moving hotels too much. BUT my concern is we would enjoy the experience more in the countryside. We are 30yrs old and love food, wine. Not as crazy about the museums and art right now. Would love to do winery tours and maybe cooking classes. My question is do you get the same experience day tripping by bus or train from Florence to San Gimigano, Siena, Montepulciano, etc? Thank you in advance for your help and advice!
Should we stay in Florence or hillside towns in Tuscany?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 2 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 3 England and Scotland
- 4 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 5 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 6 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 7 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 8 Athens/Istanbul March
- 9 French open
- 10 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 11 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 12 Azores
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 15 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 16 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 17 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 18 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 19 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 20 Air pollution in Paris
- 21 tulips in the Netherland
- 22 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 23 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 24 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 25 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia