I need some help. My husband and I are traveling to Italy for the first time in the end of Sept. We are flying into Rome for 5 nights, then CT for 2 nights, Florence/Tuscany 5 nights and lastly Venice for 2 nights. My big question is whether to stay in Florence for all 5 nights or find one/two hillside towns to stay in. The reason we are thinking about Florence for the entire 5 nights is we have hotel points for the Westin and we are trying to avoid moving hotels too much. BUT my concern is we would enjoy the experience more in the countryside. We are 30yrs old and love food, wine. Not as crazy about the museums and art right now. Would love to do winery tours and maybe cooking classes. My question is do you get the same experience day tripping by bus or train from Florence to San Gimigano, Siena, Montepulciano, etc? Thank you in advance for your help and advice!
Should we stay in Florence or hillside towns in Tuscany?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 things in Rhonda
- 2 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 3 Confusing Care rental in Italy Continued . . . Locauto?
- 4 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 5 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 6 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 7 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 8 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 9 A weekend in Europe--where to go?
- 10 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 11 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 12 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 13 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 14 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 15 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 16 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 17 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 18 Northern Spain literature
- 19 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 20 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 21 10 days in England
- 22 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 23 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 24 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 25 Croatia itinerary