We are staying in Sant'Agnello (outside Sorrento) as a base in mid August and plan a trip to Pompeii on one of the days.
I know it's approx half an hour on train from Sant'Agnello so I intended on getting there ourselves and downloading some guides beforehand to listen to as we go around, however I am now wondering should we hire a guide? If so how much would it be? Can I arrange to just meet one at the site (I don't want to be arranging and paying fro pick-up from hotel when the train is handy and cheap) I have read some people on here saying they regret not getting a guide?
Also are we best to go very early before it gets very hot or would late afternoon be better?
Is Vesuvius a must? Did many of you do it on the same day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 2 Sicily: which coast?
- 3 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 6 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 7 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 8 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 9 Now to Madrid
- 10 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 11 3 days solo in London
- 12 Chania
- 13 Edinbrugh
- 14 Berlin to ?
- 15 Hotels in Turin
- 16 Help on ancient history route
- 17 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 18 Studying art in English in venice
- 19 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 20 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 21 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 22 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 23 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 24 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 25 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed