We are staying in Sant'Agnello (outside Sorrento) as a base in mid August and plan a trip to Pompeii on one of the days.
I know it's approx half an hour on train from Sant'Agnello so I intended on getting there ourselves and downloading some guides beforehand to listen to as we go around, however I am now wondering should we hire a guide? If so how much would it be? Can I arrange to just meet one at the site (I don't want to be arranging and paying fro pick-up from hotel when the train is handy and cheap) I have read some people on here saying they regret not getting a guide?
Also are we best to go very early before it gets very hot or would late afternoon be better?
Is Vesuvius a must? Did many of you do it on the same day?
Should we hire a guide for Pompeii?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 2 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 3 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 4 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 5 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 6 Struggling with Ireland itinerary - help finding off the beaten path gems!
- 7 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 8 A full week in The Netherlands
- 9 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 10 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 11 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 12 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 13 10 days in England
- 14 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 15 Suggested itinerary for Istanbul??
- 16 What do you wish you'd known about Iceland before you went?
- 17 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 18 Drawing courses in Paris
- 19 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 20 Montreux or Vevey- where to stay
- 21 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 22 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 23 Cannes >> Corsica
- 24 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 25 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?