We are staying in Sant'Agnello (outside Sorrento) as a base in mid August and plan a trip to Pompeii on one of the days.
I know it's approx half an hour on train from Sant'Agnello so I intended on getting there ourselves and downloading some guides beforehand to listen to as we go around, however I am now wondering should we hire a guide? If so how much would it be? Can I arrange to just meet one at the site (I don't want to be arranging and paying fro pick-up from hotel when the train is handy and cheap) I have read some people on here saying they regret not getting a guide?
Also are we best to go very early before it gets very hot or would late afternoon be better?
Is Vesuvius a must? Did many of you do it on the same day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving through the Pyrenees
- 2 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 3 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 4 Italy by car
- 5 Going to Denmark, Norway – what is there to see?
- 6 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 7 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 8 Lyon
- 9 Dolomites October 14-18
- 10 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 11 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 12 Traveling into Frankfurt and catching a flight to London
- 13 Le Marche, Italy
- 14 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 15 Two Weeks in Normandy/Paris
- 16 Road Trip - Genoa, Italy to Bordeaux, France
- 17 sim card
- 18 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 19 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 20 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 21 Is Venice overrated?
- 22 San Sebastian to Cadaques
- 23 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 24 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 25 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris