We are staying in Sant'Agnello (outside Sorrento) as a base in mid August and plan a trip to Pompeii on one of the days.
I know it's approx half an hour on train from Sant'Agnello so I intended on getting there ourselves and downloading some guides beforehand to listen to as we go around, however I am now wondering should we hire a guide? If so how much would it be? Can I arrange to just meet one at the site (I don't want to be arranging and paying fro pick-up from hotel when the train is handy and cheap) I have read some people on here saying they regret not getting a guide?
Also are we best to go very early before it gets very hot or would late afternoon be better?
Is Vesuvius a must? Did many of you do it on the same day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian Riviera
- 2 Explore Bergen myself or Take Norway In A Nutshell from Oslo to Bergen?
- 3 sfo to europe
- 4 Switzerland in mid-April
- 5 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 6 Ireland/Scotland Trip: Itinerary Help Needed
- 7 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 8 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 9 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 10 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 11 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 12 Rue des Rosiers
- 13 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 14 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 15 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 16 Hamam Istanbul?
- 17 Holiday in Austria
- 18 Paris Under Seige...
- 19 First Trip to Europe!
- 20 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 21 visa appointment experience
- 22 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 23 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 24 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 25 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!