We are staying in Sant'Agnello (outside Sorrento) as a base in mid August and plan a trip to Pompeii on one of the days.
I know it's approx half an hour on train from Sant'Agnello so I intended on getting there ourselves and downloading some guides beforehand to listen to as we go around, however I am now wondering should we hire a guide? If so how much would it be? Can I arrange to just meet one at the site (I don't want to be arranging and paying fro pick-up from hotel when the train is handy and cheap) I have read some people on here saying they regret not getting a guide?
Also are we best to go very early before it gets very hot or would late afternoon be better?
Is Vesuvius a must? Did many of you do it on the same day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 2 2 Weeks In and out of Paris...Itinerary Help?
- 3 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 4 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 5 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 6 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 7 "Never Mind"
- 8 Our Itinerary for 25 Days in Portugal
- 9 Killarney
- 10 Cornwall Advice
- 11 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 12 Affordable 1 year French courses in France? Recommendations?
- 13 Florence Travel Guide
- 14 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 15 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 16 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 17 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 18 Rome Advice?
- 19 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 20 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 21 Italian lakes
- 22 Via del Sale, Italy
- 23 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 24 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 25 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!