We are staying in Sant'Agnello (outside Sorrento) as a base in mid August and plan a trip to Pompeii on one of the days.
I know it's approx half an hour on train from Sant'Agnello so I intended on getting there ourselves and downloading some guides beforehand to listen to as we go around, however I am now wondering should we hire a guide? If so how much would it be? Can I arrange to just meet one at the site (I don't want to be arranging and paying fro pick-up from hotel when the train is handy and cheap) I have read some people on here saying they regret not getting a guide?
Also are we best to go very early before it gets very hot or would late afternoon be better?
Is Vesuvius a must? Did many of you do it on the same day?
Should we hire a guide for Pompeii?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pronunciation
- 2 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 3 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 4 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 5 What still confounds you about travel?
- 6 GPS in Tuscany
- 7 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 8 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 9 italy
- 10 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 11 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 12 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 13 Monet in Normandy
- 14 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 15 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 16 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?
- 17 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 18 Madrid and London
- 19 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 20 Day trip to Siena and Tuscan town(s) using Public Transport from Florence
- 21 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 22 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 23 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 24 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 25 What to wear