We are staying in Sant'Agnello (outside Sorrento) as a base in mid August and plan a trip to Pompeii on one of the days.
I know it's approx half an hour on train from Sant'Agnello so I intended on getting there ourselves and downloading some guides beforehand to listen to as we go around, however I am now wondering should we hire a guide? If so how much would it be? Can I arrange to just meet one at the site (I don't want to be arranging and paying fro pick-up from hotel when the train is handy and cheap) I have read some people on here saying they regret not getting a guide?
Also are we best to go very early before it gets very hot or would late afternoon be better?
Is Vesuvius a must? Did many of you do it on the same day?
Should we hire a guide for Pompeii?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Accomodation for Eurovision 2014
- 2 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 3 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 4 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 5 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 6 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 7 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 8 5am arrival in Dublin
- 9 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 10 Ste Remy France
- 11 10 Hours in Brussels
- 12 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 13 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 14 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 15 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 16 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 17 destination wedding
- 18 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 19 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 20 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 21 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 22 Two weeks in Italy - Venice, Ostuni and Naples
- 23 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 24 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 25 London Private Detectives