We are staying in Sant'Agnello (outside Sorrento) as a base in mid August and plan a trip to Pompeii on one of the days.
I know it's approx half an hour on train from Sant'Agnello so I intended on getting there ourselves and downloading some guides beforehand to listen to as we go around, however I am now wondering should we hire a guide? If so how much would it be? Can I arrange to just meet one at the site (I don't want to be arranging and paying fro pick-up from hotel when the train is handy and cheap) I have read some people on here saying they regret not getting a guide?
Also are we best to go very early before it gets very hot or would late afternoon be better?
Is Vesuvius a must? Did many of you do it on the same day?
Should we hire a guide for Pompeii?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 2 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 3 Day trip from London to Paris
- 4 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 5 Barcelona to Girona: Rent a Car or just take the train?
- 6 Hotel in Venice
- 7 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 8 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 9 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 10 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 11 Dare I ask a Transportation Question?
- 12 A Winter Wander – Engadine and Berner Oberland
- 13 Calling Jamikins
- 14 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 15 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 16 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 17 Zurich, Switzerland
- 18 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 19 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 20 London tube
- 21 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 22 5am arrival in Dublin
- 23 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 24 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 25 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please