We are staying in Sant'Agnello (outside Sorrento) as a base in mid August and plan a trip to Pompeii on one of the days.
I know it's approx half an hour on train from Sant'Agnello so I intended on getting there ourselves and downloading some guides beforehand to listen to as we go around, however I am now wondering should we hire a guide? If so how much would it be? Can I arrange to just meet one at the site (I don't want to be arranging and paying fro pick-up from hotel when the train is handy and cheap) I have read some people on here saying they regret not getting a guide?
Also are we best to go very early before it gets very hot or would late afternoon be better?
Is Vesuvius a must? Did many of you do it on the same day?
Should we hire a guide for Pompeii?
- 1 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 2 2 Week European Itinerary
- 3 Istanbul hotels
- 4 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 5 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 6 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 7 Barcelona - Hotel Help
- 8 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 9 Rome Accommodation
- 10 Car in Prague
- 11 To Paris and Provence in June
- 12 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 13 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 14 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 15 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 16 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 17 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 18 Family European winter holiday
- 19 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 20 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 21 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 22 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 23 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 24 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 25 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich