We are staying in Sant'Agnello (outside Sorrento) as a base in mid August and plan a trip to Pompeii on one of the days.
I know it's approx half an hour on train from Sant'Agnello so I intended on getting there ourselves and downloading some guides beforehand to listen to as we go around, however I am now wondering should we hire a guide? If so how much would it be? Can I arrange to just meet one at the site (I don't want to be arranging and paying fro pick-up from hotel when the train is handy and cheap) I have read some people on here saying they regret not getting a guide?
Also are we best to go very early before it gets very hot or would late afternoon be better?
Is Vesuvius a must? Did many of you do it on the same day?
Should we hire a guide for Pompeii?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 2 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 3 Amalfi coast in May
- 4 Paris winter sales
- 5 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 6 Car rental in Central/Eastern Europe
- 7 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 8 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 9 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 10 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 11 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 12 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 13 Train to Harry Potter Studio---Tips?
- 14 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 15 Open Jaw Ticket...NYC-LHR;FCO-NYC Cost
- 16 Question: import tax on personal musical instruments?
- 17 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 18 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 19 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 20 Greece after the Vote
- 21 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 22 Recommendations for hotels in Helsinki
- 23 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 24 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 25 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?