We are staying in Sant'Agnello (outside Sorrento) as a base in mid August and plan a trip to Pompeii on one of the days.
I know it's approx half an hour on train from Sant'Agnello so I intended on getting there ourselves and downloading some guides beforehand to listen to as we go around, however I am now wondering should we hire a guide? If so how much would it be? Can I arrange to just meet one at the site (I don't want to be arranging and paying fro pick-up from hotel when the train is handy and cheap) I have read some people on here saying they regret not getting a guide?
Also are we best to go very early before it gets very hot or would late afternoon be better?
Is Vesuvius a must? Did many of you do it on the same day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 2 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 3 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 4 France Grande Alpes Excursion
- 5 What clothes?
- 6 Help with London accomodation - totally confused now.
- 7 Daughter has British passport can she get free education in UK
- 8 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 9 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 10 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 11 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 12 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 13 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 14 collecting tickets for early alhambra visit
- 15 Car rental in Caen?
- 16 Car to Heathrow: what time to order?
- 17 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 18 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 19 Lake Garda or Lake Lugano?
- 20 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 21 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 22 Planning a two day visit to Montreux
- 23 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 24 Switzerland in 8 days
- 25 Dusseldorf to Mainz (or somewhere in-between)