We are staying in Sant'Agnello (outside Sorrento) as a base in mid August and plan a trip to Pompeii on one of the days.
I know it's approx half an hour on train from Sant'Agnello so I intended on getting there ourselves and downloading some guides beforehand to listen to as we go around, however I am now wondering should we hire a guide? If so how much would it be? Can I arrange to just meet one at the site (I don't want to be arranging and paying fro pick-up from hotel when the train is handy and cheap) I have read some people on here saying they regret not getting a guide?
Also are we best to go very early before it gets very hot or would late afternoon be better?
Is Vesuvius a must? Did many of you do it on the same day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Enjoying England for a year!
- 2 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 3 Accommodation disaster and life saver in Paris
- 4 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 5 All of Spain or something else..?
- 6 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 7 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 8 Greece Itinerary
- 9 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 10 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 11 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 12 gare de nord
- 13 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 14 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 15 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 16 Renting International Cars from USA
- 17 My First Trip to Europe...
- 18 Looking for a car with a driver in Ireland
- 19 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 20 Gracia Neighborhood in Barcelona Spain
- 21 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 22 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 23 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 24 Barcelona Car rental return
- 25 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids