We are staying in Sant'Agnello (outside Sorrento) as a base in mid August and plan a trip to Pompeii on one of the days.
I know it's approx half an hour on train from Sant'Agnello so I intended on getting there ourselves and downloading some guides beforehand to listen to as we go around, however I am now wondering should we hire a guide? If so how much would it be? Can I arrange to just meet one at the site (I don't want to be arranging and paying fro pick-up from hotel when the train is handy and cheap) I have read some people on here saying they regret not getting a guide?
Also are we best to go very early before it gets very hot or would late afternoon be better?
Is Vesuvius a must? Did many of you do it on the same day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 2 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 3 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 4 Paris day trips August
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Spain in July
- 7 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 8 Transportation from Brno train station
- 9 Petrol in Greece
- 10 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 11 Where to enjoy Paris
- 12 Acorn TV
- 13 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 Athens
- 16 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 17 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 18 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 19 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 20 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 21 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 22 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 23 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 24 We're here!
- 25 10 days in Paris and......