New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flights between Rome, Paris, London- I have questions!
- 2 20 Days in Europe
- 3 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 4 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 5 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.
- 6 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 7 Farmhouse stay in Ireland?
- 8 Travel vs. Babies
- 9 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 10 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 11 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 12 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 13 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 14 Verona and Lake Garda
- 15 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 16 European Cooking Secrets
- 17 Italy - rental car damages query
- 18 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 19 Luggage allowance internal connection to international
- 20 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 21 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 22 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 23 CDG much improved
- 24 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 25 London's Must Sights!