New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 2 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 3 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 4 Retiring to Southern France
- 5 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 6 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 7 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 8 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 9 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 10 Paris Under Seige...
- 11 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 12 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 13 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 14 Brief trip report Naples
- 15 Advices about our itiniary
- 16 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France
- 17 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 18 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 19 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 20 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 21 Coach with driver rental, Puglia Italy
- 22 Private transportation
- 23 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 24 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 25 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015