New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 2 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 3 Europe-21 days in September 2014
- 4 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 5 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 6 What are the best places to see in England
- 7 London hotel
- 8 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 9 Hotel in Venice
- 10 7 days in Greece
- 11 London tube
- 12 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 13 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 14 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 15 Europe in 21 days
- 16 London day trips, especially castles
- 17 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 18 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 19 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 20 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 21 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 22 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 23 What area to stay in Rome, Florence, and Venice?
- 24 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 25 Swiss rail passes