New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 2 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 3 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 4 Provence in April, 2014, Part 2
- 5 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 6 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 7 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 8 10-Hr Auto Tour o Lisbon,Portugal
- 9 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 10 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 11 Tour Belgium, the Netherlands and Switzerland On Line (Video + Stills)
- 12 Car travel within Regensburg during the Christmas season
- 13 Help with Italy itinerary (18 days: Rome, Umbria, Puglia, Amalfi?)
- 14 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 15 Best neighborhood for Rome?
- 16 Lucerne Switzerland
- 17 Tipping in the UK
- 18 A taste of Norway: Bergen and the fjords for four day
- 19 at what point should one get health insurance
- 20 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 21 Italy Travelogue, part I (Rome)
- 22 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 23 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 24 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 25 How many pairs of shoes would you bring for a EuroTrip?