New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 2 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 3 A week in Burgundy
- 4 Paris Under Seige...
- 5 Private transportation
- 6 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 7 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 8 Advices about our itiniary
- 9 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 10 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 11 Dynamic Currency Conversion is Alive & Well in Paris
- 12 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 13 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 14 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 15 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 16 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 17 Safety concerns?
- 18 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 19 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 20 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 21 Global Travel Warning...
- 22 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 23 Do i need a Swiss Half-fare travelcard?
- 24 Morning in paris
- 25 Oct vs Nov for Greece