New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 1 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 2 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 3 Euro Train
- 4 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 5 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 6 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 7 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 8 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 9 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 10 Advises for trip to Russia
- 11 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 12 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 13 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 14 March 2013: Barcelona, Rome and Prague Trip Report
- 15 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 16 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 17 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 18 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 19 Naples on Christmas Eve--Beluga Bar or George's?
- 20 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 21 First time traveler to Ireland
- 22 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 23 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 24 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 25 Prague - must see