New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 2 I went to Paris in June
- 3 How to make this adventure work?
- 4 Does this sound feasible?
- 5 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 6 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 7 Late night train from Prague
- 8 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 9 Nice/Cote D'azur/Monaco surroundings - suggestions please...
- 10 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 11 Eating in University cafeterias
- 12 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 13 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 14 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 15 Tour Group Operators
- 16 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 17 Madrid and London
- 18 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 19 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 20 Spending money in Italy?
- 21 Theater in London
- 22 How would you adapt Rick Steves' Athens & the Heart of Greece tour?
- 23 Family trip to Europe - suggestions welcome
- 24 Trip Report & Tips for Greece (Nafplio, Santorini, Naxos, & Athens)
- 25 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD