New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 3 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 4 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 5 Praiano
- 6 Rouen Tour Companies
- 7 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 8 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 9 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 10 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 11 Ireland itinerary help please
- 12 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 13 Ronda Wine/biking
- 14 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 15 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 16 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 17 Perugia
- 18 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 19 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 20 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 21 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 22 Areas in Milan
- 23 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 24 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 25 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!