New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 2 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 3 Any recommended shops on Rue du Cherche Midi? Or nearby?
- 4 Rome Areas to stay
- 5 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 6 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 7 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 8 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 9 St Germain
- 10 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 11 Review of Air France A380 Premium Economy
- 12 Lakes District UK
- 13 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 14 Santorini Airfare - what's a good deal (generally/historically)?
- 15 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 16 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 17 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 18 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 19 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 20 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 21 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 22 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 23 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 24 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 25 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia