New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 1 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 2 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 3 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 4 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 5 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 6 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 7 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 8 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 9 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 10 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 11 Venice in Jan
- 12 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 13 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 14 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 15 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 16 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 17 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 18 Prague Main Train Station
- 19 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 20 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?
- 21 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 22 woman dining alone in Barcelona: where to eat?
- 23 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 24 British drivers
- 25 Trip around Spain