New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice : Trying not to overplan
- 2 Tuscany - Chianti / Val d'Orcia
- 3 Greece- Santorini Hotels
- 4 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 5 The Tweesters Travel with Tito: 2 weeks in Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia
- 6 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 7 Need help in deciding itinerary to visit places around Lucerne
- 8 Where to Buy Affordable Scarves in Paris
- 9 Traveling to Multiple Countries
- 10 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 11 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 12 Magical Greece. A 13 day jaunt across the Aegean
- 13 Basque region of Spain and France in 10 days with kids
- 14 Scottish Highlands For Two Days
- 15 Frankfurt, Germany hotels
- 16 Southern Italy
- 17 Tips To Get Schengen Visa For Full 90 Days From Toronto For Indian Citizens
- 18 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 19 france options
- 20 7 days in Paris with 3 teens
- 21 DDay Tours - private or group?
- 22 Schengen-Student Study Abroad-Student Visa Problems
- 23 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 24 Itinerary Help for Wheelchair Traveler
- 25 How to get to Mallorca