New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris food tours?
- 2 Ljubljana – Trieste – Croatia – Itinerary and Car Rental Questions
- 3 experiences in Paris and Amalfi Coast
- 4 Cycling in Denmark, land of burgers and bread
- 5 la spezia vs. levanto
- 6 Art History lover - itinerary help
- 7 Puglia and Matera
- 8 Itinerary for 3 weeks in Italy
- 9 Whici part of the Pyreness is the most scenic part to visit in January?
- 10 5 Nights in the Midlands
- 11 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 12 Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau
- 13 Foligno Quintana 2015
- 14 First time to Barcelona
- 15 Help, traveling to Barcelona with Baby
- 16 Provence Planning Help
- 17 Amsterdam and beyond
- 18 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 19 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 20 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 21 Travel help laundary
- 22 Purchasing Trenitalia Tickets
- 23 My summer in Paris
- 24 Italy finding bedding
- 25 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.