New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 2 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 3 Arctic Circle in December
- 4 Catalonia
- 5 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 6 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 7 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 8 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 9 Macarons!
- 10 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 11 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 12 7 days in Portugal-itinerary help
- 13 Sammezzano update
- 14 My experiences in Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Madrid, Segovia & Toledo
- 15 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 16 ideas for Portugal please
- 17 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 18 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 19 Transportation in Paris
- 20 airport transportation
- 21 2 Days in Brussels
- 22 Help with 6 days in Switzerland
- 23 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 24 Travel in Ireland in July 2015
- 25 Best of Southern France and Spain