New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 2 Using magnetic-strip ATM card to withdraw cash from Eurozone ATM
- 3 VIGO, SPAIN
- 4 A guide to Madrid
- 5 Looking for an agriturismo in Val d'Orcia area
- 6 Best place to base in Côte d'Azûr
- 7 Potential trip - Balkans
- 8 Scotland and northern England
- 9 Things to do round Potes, Picos de Europa
- 10 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 11 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 12 Brussels/Bruges and Berlin in April
- 13 Bus Croatia
- 14 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 15 Paris Accomodation, Which District
- 16 Chilling in Iceland (but not yet).
- 17 April in Madrid
- 18 Euro Travel Quiz # 41 - Food for Thought!
- 19 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 20 Renting an apt.
- 21 Economy Class - Lufthansa or Air France
- 22 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 23 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 24 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 25 10 day itinerary in Puglia