New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Must sees in Malaga
- 2 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 3 motion sickness on air conditioned motor coaches, trains, etc
- 4 Seville in September-La Bienal
- 5 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 6 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 7 Classical Music in Milan
- 8 Sienna with kids
- 9 12 nights in Greek islands
- 10 Paris in July - side trip to South of France
- 11 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 12 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
- 13 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 14 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 15 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 16 2 Weeks Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, Salzburg
- 17 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 18 Paris food tours?
- 19 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 20 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 21 Validating train tickets - Germany, Switzwerland
- 22 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 23 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 24 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 25 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia