New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 2 TSA Precheck
- 3 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 4 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 5 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 6 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 7 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 8 Couscous
- 9 First Trip to Italy- Help!
- 10 Help me make this possible!
- 11 Nice central hotel for single woman in Rome?
- 12 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 13 Where in Greece
- 14 Italian lake cruise
- 15 Vatican tour
- 16 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 17 Lisbon
- 18 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london
- 19 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 20 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 21 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 22 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 23 Tuscany Itinerary
- 24 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 25 Why do you visit X or Y?