New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charles Degaulle question
- 2 italy itinerary request
- 3 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 4 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 5 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 6 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 7 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 8 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 9 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 10 Train rides
- 11 Train Help
- 12 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 13 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 14 Paris gtg in October?
- 15 Bike packing Iceland food supply
- 16 First time in Italy
- 17 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 18 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 19 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 20 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 21 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 22 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 23 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 24 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 25 Renting a car in Florence