New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 4 Day trips around Vienna
- 5 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 6 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 7 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 8 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 9 Vacation
- 10 Rouen Tour Companies
- 11 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 12 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 13 Praiano hotel question
- 14 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 15 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 St Denis Cathedral
- 18 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 19 Italy bus or train
- 20 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 21 Ireland itinerary help please
- 22 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 23 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 24 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 25 Rome-Itinerary