New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 2 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 3 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 4 Cordoba Overnight?
- 5 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 6 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 7 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 8 Need Information about French Alps
- 9 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 10 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 11 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 12 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 13 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 14 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 15 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 16 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 17 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 18 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 19 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 20 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 21 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 22 Trip to Rome
- 23 Best Indian Food
- 24 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 25 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?