New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 White Christmas
- 2 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 3 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 4 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 5 Gtg San Antonio
- 6 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 7 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 8 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 9 Two weeks Verona, Bologna and Venice - time for other day trips?
- 10 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 11 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 12 Gift for French business associate
- 13 Wine tour from Verona?
- 14 Aix En Provence to Marsilles or Nice for a few days?
- 15 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 16 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 17 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 18 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 19 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 20 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 21 1 week Tuscany in November
- 22 help- newbies to international travel- Italy logistics
- 23 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 24 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 25 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?