New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shoe/boot help for Munich and Berlin
- 2 italy - france - germany
- 3 Prague, Krakow, Budapest and Vienna
- 4 Planning Europe trip
- 5 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 6 Stereotypes about various nationalities
- 7 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 8 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 9 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 10 Is Venice really dirty?
- 11 Authentic czech food
- 12 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 13 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 14 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 15 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 16 Kimhe--flamenco
- 17 Limavady, Ireland?? Where is it?
- 18 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 19 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 20 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 21 Kids in Pubs -- N Ireland and Ireland
- 22 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 23 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 24 Christmas in London
- 25 Autumn in Paris