New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing at 4:30. We're staying at Hotel Preciados, so right in the middle of everything. We have the rest of that day, all of Thursday and all of Friday, and then we leave on a 10:30 am flight back home to NYC on Saturday.
So my question is this; do we take say, 5 hours out of a day to go to Segovia? My idea was either to catch a very early bullet train (one that pulls in at 8 am), enjoy the sites of the place, check out the castle and gardens after they open at 10, return. OR try to go for lunch (as everyone has told me it's all about the suckling pig there) do sites, return later in the evening.
In Madrid, we mainly want to see the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Parque del Retiro and of course take in food and a little shopping and wander among the various plazas. So does it make sense to make time for Segovia, or shall we just dedicate our full 2 1/2 days to Madrid only?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 2 Advice about Naples?
- 3 What clothes?
- 4 What is the French job 'Rectifieur (ouvrier)'?
- 5 tipping
- 6 First Time Visit to UK - 3 Weeks Itinerary Help
- 7 Isle Sur-la-Sorgue Thursday
- 8 Eurail or Direct tickets?
- 9 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 10 Norway night train questions for Norway in a nutshell
- 11 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 12 Lavender country Provence hotel
- 13 Before & after Dolomites trip
- 14 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 15 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 16 Oslo airport to hotel
- 17 Paris and Lyon
- 18 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 19 24 hrs in Istanbul
- 20 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 21 Where to stay in lavender country in Provence?
- 22 Lavender Conditions in Provence
- 23 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 24 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 25 Hiking in Luberon