DH and I are planning a month vacation (independent travel via car) through Spain and Portugal. We are beginning to have second thoughts because of the failing economy there and the possibility of riots, etc. due to the high unemployment rate. (Think Greece) We are experienced independent travelers but because we're not young we wonder if we might become targets for -- whatever -- anything from pickpocketing (nothing new) to just being vunerable in an unstable environment. Are we being too concerned? Would like to hear from residents of Spain and/or Portugal as well as folks who have traveled there recently. Thanks for your input.
Should we be concerned about travel to Spain and Portugal?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 2 Euro Train
- 3 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 4 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 5 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 6 Prague - must see
- 7 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 8 Getting to Gatwick and home again
- 9 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 10 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 11 Advises for trip to Russia
- 12 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 13 First time traveler to Ireland
- 14 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 15 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 16 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 17 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 18 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 19 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 20 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 21 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 22 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 23 March 2013: Barcelona, Rome and Prague Trip Report
- 24 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 25 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s