DH and I are planning a month vacation (independent travel via car) through Spain and Portugal. We are beginning to have second thoughts because of the failing economy there and the possibility of riots, etc. due to the high unemployment rate. (Think Greece) We are experienced independent travelers but because we're not young we wonder if we might become targets for -- whatever -- anything from pickpocketing (nothing new) to just being vunerable in an unstable environment. Are we being too concerned? Would like to hear from residents of Spain and/or Portugal as well as folks who have traveled there recently. Thanks for your input.
Should we be concerned about travel to Spain and Portugal?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 2 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 3 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 4 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 5 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 6 Itinerary Help!
- 7 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 8 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 9 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 10 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 11 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 12 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 13 He said , she said
- 14 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 15 Munich with a car?
- 16 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 17 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 18 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 19 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 20 Toulouse and beyond -
- 21 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 22 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 23 tour guides in rome
- 24 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 25 Hair Straightener for Europe!