DH and I are planning a month vacation (independent travel via car) through Spain and Portugal. We are beginning to have second thoughts because of the failing economy there and the possibility of riots, etc. due to the high unemployment rate. (Think Greece) We are experienced independent travelers but because we're not young we wonder if we might become targets for -- whatever -- anything from pickpocketing (nothing new) to just being vunerable in an unstable environment. Are we being too concerned? Would like to hear from residents of Spain and/or Portugal as well as folks who have traveled there recently. Thanks for your input.
Should we be concerned about travel to Spain and Portugal?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 2 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 3 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 4 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 5 Paris and where else?
- 6 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 7 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 8 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 9 Internet or travel agent?
- 10 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 11 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 12 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 13 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 14 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 15 Beware Hotel Henry IV on Place Dauphine, Paris
- 16 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 17 Christmas windows in Paris
- 18 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 19 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 20 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 21 Autumn in Paris
- 22 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 23 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 24 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 25 Raining in rome