DH and I are planning a month vacation (independent travel via car) through Spain and Portugal. We are beginning to have second thoughts because of the failing economy there and the possibility of riots, etc. due to the high unemployment rate. (Think Greece) We are experienced independent travelers but because we're not young we wonder if we might become targets for -- whatever -- anything from pickpocketing (nothing new) to just being vunerable in an unstable environment. Are we being too concerned? Would like to hear from residents of Spain and/or Portugal as well as folks who have traveled there recently. Thanks for your input.
Should we be concerned about travel to Spain and Portugal?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 21 Days in Central Europe
- 2 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 3 No points in Paris .....
- 4 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 5 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 6 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 7 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 8 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 9 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 10 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 11 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 12 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 13 Pronunciation
- 14 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 15 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 16 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 17 Crete/Santorini OR Positano/Capri - where to visit?
- 18 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 21 best time to book accommodation
- 22 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 23 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 24 London visit
- 25 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!