DH and I are planning a month vacation (independent travel via car) through Spain and Portugal. We are beginning to have second thoughts because of the failing economy there and the possibility of riots, etc. due to the high unemployment rate. (Think Greece) We are experienced independent travelers but because we're not young we wonder if we might become targets for -- whatever -- anything from pickpocketing (nothing new) to just being vunerable in an unstable environment. Are we being too concerned? Would like to hear from residents of Spain and/or Portugal as well as folks who have traveled there recently. Thanks for your input.
Should we be concerned about travel to Spain and Portugal?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 2 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 3 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 4 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 5 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 6 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 7 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 8 Estonia Amber
- 9 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 10 Tight Planning?
- 11 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 12 What are the best places to see in England
- 13 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 14 Villa rental suggestions in Umbira or Positano please
- 15 Travel with Teens
- 16 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 17 Personal recommendations where to stay for family of 5 in Sorrento
- 18 One week in Venice - trips
- 19 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 20 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 21 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 22 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 23 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 24 UK for 12 days !
- 25 Italy