DH and I are planning a month vacation (independent travel via car) through Spain and Portugal. We are beginning to have second thoughts because of the failing economy there and the possibility of riots, etc. due to the high unemployment rate. (Think Greece) We are experienced independent travelers but because we're not young we wonder if we might become targets for -- whatever -- anything from pickpocketing (nothing new) to just being vunerable in an unstable environment. Are we being too concerned? Would like to hear from residents of Spain and/or Portugal as well as folks who have traveled there recently. Thanks for your input.
Should we be concerned about travel to Spain and Portugal?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Family European winter holiday
- 2 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 3 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 4 2 Week European Itinerary
- 5 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 6 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 7 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 8 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 9 Rome Accommodation
- 10 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 11 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 12 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 13 Italian Lakes gardens
- 14 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 15 Dresden Train Station
- 16 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 17 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 18 London for Christmas
- 19 Amsterdam: Alcoholics Cleaning Streets to Get Free Booze!
- 20 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 21 Waltz performances in Stadtpark Vienna
- 22 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 23 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 24 More help with housing in Puglia
- 25 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy