DH and I are planning a month vacation (independent travel via car) through Spain and Portugal. We are beginning to have second thoughts because of the failing economy there and the possibility of riots, etc. due to the high unemployment rate. (Think Greece) We are experienced independent travelers but because we're not young we wonder if we might become targets for -- whatever -- anything from pickpocketing (nothing new) to just being vunerable in an unstable environment. Are we being too concerned? Would like to hear from residents of Spain and/or Portugal as well as folks who have traveled there recently. Thanks for your input.
Should we be concerned about travel to Spain and Portugal?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transport in Venice
- 2 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 3 Rome Areas to stay
- 4 Any recommended shops on Rue du Cherche Midi? Or nearby?
- 5 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 6 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 7 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 8 Wengen to Torino?
- 9 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 10 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 11 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 12 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 13 England & Scotland in April
- 14 In France, French Summer Camps For Kids
- 15 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 16 Review of Air France A380 Premium Economy
- 17 Kimhe--flamenco
- 18 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 19 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 20 St Germain
- 21 Lakes District UK
- 22 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 23 Santorini Airfare - what's a good deal (generally/historically)?
- 24 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 25 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list