My questions looks vague, but there is no other place, where I can ask this. May be, people who travelled at both location should be able to advice me and help me to plan.
I have been taking vacation of 12 days in mid October and not able to decide, if I should pick one over other. My options are Germany+Austria and Japan. Flight fare and budget is almost same and weather is also not bad at either location, so these may not be decision factors.
I will not be going to such a big trip again for next few years, so I want to pick it carefully.
Japan was always high on my wish list, but when I see pictures on of South Germany+Austria (+Vienna) vs pictures of Japan, Europe side looks stunning in landscapes and architecture. On internet, if I Google beautiful Austria or beautiful Bavaria, there are tons of wow pictures, whereas pictures of Japan are not showing me that factor. am trying to convince myself for Japan, because I have already seen some of France and Switzerland. Am I looking at it correctly ?
I understand that Japan will be on another level and different. But in your opinion, what should I expect from Japan travel in comparison to European country ?
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 2 vegetarian in spain
- 3 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 4 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 5 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 6 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 7 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 8 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 9 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 10 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 11 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 12 Madrid airport question
- 13 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 14 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 15 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 16 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 17 Imbros Gorge
- 18 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 19 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 20 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 21 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 22 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 25 38 Days in Paris