I'm struggling to make decisions about my Europe trip in September. I know very well that you should limit the destinations and spend more time visiting fewer places. I have always travelled in this way for example - 5 days London, 2 weeks Cambridge, 5 days Paris on one trip in 2012 (I was studying in Cambridge which explains the 2 weeks), another trip I spent 5 nights Rome, 5 nights Florence with day trips. This next trip I am flying into Barcelona and out of Milan. Please tell me if fitting Berlin is too much for the following itinerary: (Amalfi coast & Venice are a must for me)
13 Sep - arrive Barcelona & start tour which goes until 21 September (tour of Spain)
21 Sep - fly into Berlin late at night from Madrid
22 sep - berlin
23 sep - berlin
24 sep - berlin
25 sep flight berlin to rome, rome to amalfi
26 sep amalfi
27 sep amalfi
28 sep amalfi
29 sep amalfi to venice
30 sep venice
1 oct venice
2 oct venice
3 oct milan - spend day in Milan and fly out late that night
I know I will lose days travelling. But would you do it just so you can get a taste of Berlin as well and on this trip instead of always saying how much you want to see Berlin "one day". Like should I just scratch this itch while I am over there. What if I don't make it back to Europe next year. Having said that I will have extra time to do more day trips in Italy such as Lake Como etc.
I should let you know I am an active 25 year old female and will likely be travelling solo at least for some parts.
Thanks everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 2 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 5 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 6 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 7 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 8 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 11 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 12 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 13 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 14 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 15 Bruges
- 16 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 17 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 18 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 19 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 20 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 21 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 22 Planning A trip
- 23 A week in the Occitanie
- 24 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 25 Paris Neighborhood Help