I'm struggling to make decisions about my Europe trip in September. I know very well that you should limit the destinations and spend more time visiting fewer places. I have always travelled in this way for example - 5 days London, 2 weeks Cambridge, 5 days Paris on one trip in 2012 (I was studying in Cambridge which explains the 2 weeks), another trip I spent 5 nights Rome, 5 nights Florence with day trips. This next trip I am flying into Barcelona and out of Milan. Please tell me if fitting Berlin is too much for the following itinerary: (Amalfi coast & Venice are a must for me)
13 Sep - arrive Barcelona & start tour which goes until 21 September (tour of Spain)
21 Sep - fly into Berlin late at night from Madrid
22 sep - berlin
23 sep - berlin
24 sep - berlin
25 sep flight berlin to rome, rome to amalfi
26 sep amalfi
27 sep amalfi
28 sep amalfi
29 sep amalfi to venice
30 sep venice
1 oct venice
2 oct venice
3 oct milan - spend day in Milan and fly out late that night
I know I will lose days travelling. But would you do it just so you can get a taste of Berlin as well and on this trip instead of always saying how much you want to see Berlin "one day". Like should I just scratch this itch while I am over there. What if I don't make it back to Europe next year. Having said that I will have extra time to do more day trips in Italy such as Lake Como etc.
I should let you know I am an active 25 year old female and will likely be travelling solo at least for some parts.
Thanks everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 2 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 3 Renting a car in Greece
- 4 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 5 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 6 Spain - day driver advice
- 7 Stuck in Paris
- 8 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 9 Greece
- 10 Ex-pats with young kids
- 11 Iceland france spain
- 12 Ludwig Castles
- 13 Help on ancient history route
- 14 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 15 London with Teens Trip Report
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 Paris hotel
- 18 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 19 Spanish food - not that special?
- 20 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 21 Maximizing Norway time
- 22 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 23 How to travel from Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki
- 24 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 25 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice