My husband and I are 33, interested in culture, architecture, nature and food (among other things). We tend to stay in budget pensions (not hostels) or camp when traveling. In the past, we've gone to Italy, Costa Rica, Alaska, Belgium and Spain - several of those trips involved camping.
This year (2009), the only time we have available to travel is late July-early August. I am interested in going to Turkey (Istanbul, Cappadocia, ruins near Med, etc.) but I'm worried that the heat will make budget traveling uncomfortable (no A/C). Would we be better off going to one of our other choices this year (Slovenia or the Netherlands are at the top of the list) and trying for Turkey next year (2010) in mid-June? I'm a teacher, so unfortunately the May or September trip is not an option.
Should I go to Turkey in August, or wait for another opportunity?
- 1 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 2 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 3 Germany and Italy
- 4 Which tour company would be best?
- 5 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 6 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 7 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 8 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 9 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 10 Changing of the Guard
- 11 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 12 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 13 Best way to get from Malaga to Gibraltar to Ceuta, Morocco?
- 14 "Our Small Adventure" an Ongoing Paris Trip Report
- 15 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 16 Berchtesgaden & Salzburg
- 17 Car rental
- 18 Essen and Nordrhein-Westfalen
- 19 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 20 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 21 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 22 Club Quarters near Trafalgar Square
- 23 Please, assure me that Turkey is safe...
- 24 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 25 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?