Hi. I'm planning a honeymoon for me and the soon to be missus. We're flying into Athens, then I'm going to ferry it to either Naxos or Mykonos for a four night stay, then ferry to Santorini for a four night stay and then fly back to Athens. I'm up in the air between Naxos and Mykonos...any advice? I've read through a lot of old threads and I understand that Mykonos has more crowds, nightlife is great and the city area is vibrant. I've read that Naxos has prettier beaches, more historic temples to see and is more relaxed because it's off the beaten path. Any thoughts? We like the vibrancy of downtown Mykonos...but we're not big on the touristy scene. Bars are nice but we don't need a huge party scene. If we do Naxos and do a day trip to Mykonos/Delos...would we be missing out on experience Mykonos? Is Naxos too relaxed considering that we're going to Oia Santorini right afterwards...it'd be nice to have a good mix of a vibrant city and the relaxation of Santorini. Any help would be huge! Thanks in advance!
Should I go to Naxos or Mykonos...help me decide
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence to Toulouse: Trip Planning Help Needed
- 2 Itinerary advice needed-Ring of Kerry vs. Galway area
- 3 Paris to Etretat Day Trip
- 4 Vimy Ridge to CDG airport.
- 5 Exchanging Dollars to Euros
- 6 Phone/GPS/Internet Access Strategies for European Vacation
- 7 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 8 Paris: Best Bistros
- 9 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 10 Rome Itinerary -- done my homework, please comment
- 11 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 12 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 13 Does ticket to Delacroix allow entry to Louvre?
- 14 Any trouble using credit card on Bono Turistico Granada website?
- 15 Saone River Burgundy self-drive barge need itinerary
- 16 Help plan my honeymoon! Northern Spain, and/or Lisbon or Bordeaux
- 17 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 18 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 19 UK's 6 month tourist visa
- 20 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 21 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 22 First Time in Italy 12-14 Days
- 23 Slow, south of france with a baby, a five year old and no driving
- 24 Suggestions for my Andalucia Itinerary
- 25 Prague to Dubrovnik Itinerary Suggestions wanted