Hi. I'm planning a honeymoon for me and the soon to be missus. We're flying into Athens, then I'm going to ferry it to either Naxos or Mykonos for a four night stay, then ferry to Santorini for a four night stay and then fly back to Athens. I'm up in the air between Naxos and Mykonos...any advice? I've read through a lot of old threads and I understand that Mykonos has more crowds, nightlife is great and the city area is vibrant. I've read that Naxos has prettier beaches, more historic temples to see and is more relaxed because it's off the beaten path. Any thoughts? We like the vibrancy of downtown Mykonos...but we're not big on the touristy scene. Bars are nice but we don't need a huge party scene. If we do Naxos and do a day trip to Mykonos/Delos...would we be missing out on experience Mykonos? Is Naxos too relaxed considering that we're going to Oia Santorini right afterwards...it'd be nice to have a good mix of a vibrant city and the relaxation of Santorini. Any help would be huge! Thanks in advance!
Should I go to Naxos or Mykonos...help me decide
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 2 Day trip on the Rhine
- 3 Abruzzo for 5 days
- 4 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 5 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 6 Munich with a car?
- 7 Toulouse and beyond -
- 8 One week in Venice - trips
- 9 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 10 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 11 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 12 UK for 12 days !
- 13 Estonia Amber
- 14 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 15 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 16 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 17 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 18 Good Friday in Barcelona
- 19 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 20 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 21 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 22 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 23 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 24 Germany-berlin marathon
- 25 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?