Hi. I'm planning a honeymoon for me and the soon to be missus. We're flying into Athens, then I'm going to ferry it to either Naxos or Mykonos for a four night stay, then ferry to Santorini for a four night stay and then fly back to Athens. I'm up in the air between Naxos and Mykonos...any advice? I've read through a lot of old threads and I understand that Mykonos has more crowds, nightlife is great and the city area is vibrant. I've read that Naxos has prettier beaches, more historic temples to see and is more relaxed because it's off the beaten path. Any thoughts? We like the vibrancy of downtown Mykonos...but we're not big on the touristy scene. Bars are nice but we don't need a huge party scene. If we do Naxos and do a day trip to Mykonos/Delos...would we be missing out on experience Mykonos? Is Naxos too relaxed considering that we're going to Oia Santorini right afterwards...it'd be nice to have a good mix of a vibrant city and the relaxation of Santorini. Any help would be huge! Thanks in advance!
Should I go to Naxos or Mykonos...help me decide
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid Airport - layover/immigration question
- 2 Scotland and northern England
- 3 England, Scotland and Ireland Self-guided Tours
- 4 Germany for 3 weeks
- 5 Great restaurants in Italy
- 6 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 7 X-mas week in Istanbul trip report
- 8 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 9 Best area for apartment - attending conference Copenhagen
- 10 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 11 Dolce Far Niente....the sweetness of doing nothing (well almost) in Paris
- 12 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 13 Five weeks in Portugal - Does this route make sense?
- 14 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 15 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 16 WiFi on trains
- 17 Venice, airport hotel ?
- 18 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 19 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 20 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 21 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 22 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 23 Switzerland Trip with Family
- 24 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 25 Renting an apt.