Please no rude/sassy comments. I'm 18 and I plan on visiting the UK for 6 months. I found an apartment near London that I can afford. You're probably thinking why am I not going to a hotel. For me an apartment is cheaper and will raise my credit (since I have none lol). I do have more than enough to support myself without public funds. I don't have a boyfriend or friends/family in UK. All my family is in NY. I plan on buying a round trip ticket to prove I am actually leaving in no more than 6 months. I read on the UK boarder site that since I am a U.S. citizen I don't need a visa unless I am a criminal, which I'm not. My only intention is to tour the country. Not going to school or getting a job. My problem is, is that I am worried that touring for 6 months won't be good enough and they will send me back home. I'm thinking of getting a visa but am still worried that they will reject me for the same reason. Even though I have reason to return home. I need some advise, please no mean comments.
Should I get a Visa?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Sardinia trip report
- 2 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 3 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 4 Granada
- 5 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 6 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 9 First time Ireland trip
- 10 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 11 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 12 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 13 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 14 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 15 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 16 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 17 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 18 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 19 22 year olds in Europe
- 20 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 21 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 22 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 23 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 24 Coffee in Naples
- 25 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy