I am planning a trip for my family (me, my husband, and our 9-year-old twins) to Italy and France for 3 weeks next summer (June 2016). See prior posts for itinerary. We want to fly into Venice and out of Nice. I figured we would have to pay between $1,600 and $1,100 per ticket if I did my homework. I've started checking fares, and have some United miles to use.
I just found an acceptable itinerary on the United website that would enable me to book two tickets using miles, and pay for two more. Total, this would cost me $3,786. That is comprised of a service charge, but is mostly to pay for the two extra tickets. Although that is a lot for the two individual tickets, it only works out to $946 per person. This seems like a really good deal to me, but I am wondering if there is any reason I should NOT do this.
I don't use my miles for anything else, and have no other airplane trips planned for the near future. So, I would like to use the miles I have for this trip, especially if it saves me money.
Is there a disadvantage to booking so far ahead? For example, if they change the flight times? Will it be hard to deal with that when two of our tickets were purchased with miles, and two with cash?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON@printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 NK OUTLOOK Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:800:681:7208 OUTLOOK @T
- 3 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 4 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 5 Rethinking my late September vacation in Madrid/Andalusia – Italy instead?
- 6 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 7 Hotels in Turin
- 8 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 9 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 10 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 11 Best layover option
- 12 3 months in Bristol
- 13 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 14 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 15 Summer Mountain Retreats
- 16 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 17 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 18 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 19 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 20 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 21 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 22 TravelCard vs Oyster
- 23 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 24 Chania or Rhodes Town
- 25 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt