We are going to CH on very short notice (actually DH is there already and I will be leaving tomorrow) and will spend Christmas and New Years. DH is Swiss but has not lived there for over 30yrs and has never been familiar with Zurich. So I need a bit of help to make a dreary business trip enjoyable. This was totally unexepcted so I have had zero chance to research.
We will be spending two non-consecutive nights in Zurich and taking care of business during the day, any recommendations for dinner? Something nice to do on a chilly evening? Small museums that open late?
We will be staying with friends close to Bern but they have an event on Christmas Day so we will be on our own, dinning on this day might be a bit challenging. Anyone has a suggestion? (backup plan is having a bread, sausage and cheese picnic).
I have been a few times to CH but always in the summer. Any Christmas market in the area? Special activities? Any advice is welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 2 Referendum in Greece
- 3 Texans Take a Tour
- 4 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 5 Place to stay--Ring of Kerry and Aran Islands
- 6 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 7 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 8 Train Travel in Germany
- 9 barcelona
- 10 One night in Amsterdam?
- 11 Lunch near Sants station Barcelona
- 12 Barcelona Itinerary
- 13 Rome Walking Guide
- 14 Switzeraland Iternary
- 15 Two-week itinerary, Barcelona + Madrid + Andalucia
- 16 Traveling around Castile-Leon
- 17 Naples?
- 18 Interlaken vs. Lucern vs. Zurich
- 19 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 20 Trying to figure out the Copenhagen metro
- 21 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary
- 22 Driving Itinerary in Austria Advice Please
- 23 6 nights in Portugal? Suggestions?
- 24 Where do I buy distilled water in Italy?
- 25 Amsterdam & Paris in peak season
Short, Unexpected Trip to Switzerland. Zurich and Bern Advice most Welcome!