We are going to CH on very short notice (actually DH is there already and I will be leaving tomorrow) and will spend Christmas and New Years. DH is Swiss but has not lived there for over 30yrs and has never been familiar with Zurich. So I need a bit of help to make a dreary business trip enjoyable. This was totally unexepcted so I have had zero chance to research.
We will be spending two non-consecutive nights in Zurich and taking care of business during the day, any recommendations for dinner? Something nice to do on a chilly evening? Small museums that open late?
We will be staying with friends close to Bern but they have an event on Christmas Day so we will be on our own, dinning on this day might be a bit challenging. Anyone has a suggestion? (backup plan is having a bread, sausage and cheese picnic).
I have been a few times to CH but always in the summer. Any Christmas market in the area? Special activities? Any advice is welcome.
Short, Unexpected Trip to Switzerland. Zurich and Bern Advice most Welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best way to get to Italy from Greece of vice versa
- 2 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 3 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 4 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 5 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 6 best way to get to Italy from Greece
- 7 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 8 Tasting Cellars in Beaune
- 9 SIM cards in Italy,Germany, Austria, & Czech Republic
- 10 Copies of passports & credit cars
- 11 Top 5 choices from London
- 12 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 13 Day on the Rhine
- 14 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 15 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 16 Train from Milano Malpensa DIRECTLY to Bologna Centrale?
- 17 Europcar (via Kemwel) - rent GPS at pickup?
- 18 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 19 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 20 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 21 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 22 Trip to Cornwall with senior - logistics assistance please?
- 23 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 24 British Airways Carry-On Luggage - Need Help!
- 25 Help plan train from Segovia to Toledo