We are going to CH on very short notice (actually DH is there already and I will be leaving tomorrow) and will spend Christmas and New Years. DH is Swiss but has not lived there for over 30yrs and has never been familiar with Zurich. So I need a bit of help to make a dreary business trip enjoyable. This was totally unexepcted so I have had zero chance to research.
We will be spending two non-consecutive nights in Zurich and taking care of business during the day, any recommendations for dinner? Something nice to do on a chilly evening? Small museums that open late?
We will be staying with friends close to Bern but they have an event on Christmas Day so we will be on our own, dinning on this day might be a bit challenging. Anyone has a suggestion? (backup plan is having a bread, sausage and cheese picnic).
I have been a few times to CH but always in the summer. Any Christmas market in the area? Special activities? Any advice is welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 2 Advices about our itiniary
- 3 Brief trip report Naples
- 4 Paris Under Seige...
- 5 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 6 Coach with driver rental, Puglia Italy
- 7 Private transportation
- 8 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 9 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 10 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 11 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 12 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 13 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 14 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 15 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 16 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 17 Global Travel Warning...
- 18 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 19 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 20 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 21 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France
- 22 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 23 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 24 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 25 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
Short, Unexpected Trip to Switzerland. Zurich and Bern Advice most Welcome!