We are going to CH on very short notice (actually DH is there already and I will be leaving tomorrow) and will spend Christmas and New Years. DH is Swiss but has not lived there for over 30yrs and has never been familiar with Zurich. So I need a bit of help to make a dreary business trip enjoyable. This was totally unexepcted so I have had zero chance to research.
We will be spending two non-consecutive nights in Zurich and taking care of business during the day, any recommendations for dinner? Something nice to do on a chilly evening? Small museums that open late?
We will be staying with friends close to Bern but they have an event on Christmas Day so we will be on our own, dinning on this day might be a bit challenging. Anyone has a suggestion? (backup plan is having a bread, sausage and cheese picnic).
I have been a few times to CH but always in the summer. Any Christmas market in the area? Special activities? Any advice is welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence
- 2 I need a practice room! (piano)
- 3 My niece wants a one week student tour
- 4 Umbria and Piedmont
- 5 5 day home base between Venice and Florence with Teenage boys?
- 6 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 7 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 8 Train/rental car questions Milan-Bolzano
- 9 Bootcut jeans
- 10 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 11 Car and Driver in Italy
- 12 London Itinerary - Late Summer
- 13 Road tripping: Isle of Skye to London
- 14 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 15 3 Days in the Black Forest
- 16 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 17 Dijon: The Best/Most Memorable In Your Opinion
- 18 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 19 Car rental insurance woes
- 20 Possible itinerary - thoughts?
- 21 Where to spend how much time in Belgium
- 22 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 23 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 24 Help with Basque Country in Spain and France
- 25 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
Short, Unexpected Trip to Switzerland. Zurich and Bern Advice most Welcome!