We are going to CH on very short notice (actually DH is there already and I will be leaving tomorrow) and will spend Christmas and New Years. DH is Swiss but has not lived there for over 30yrs and has never been familiar with Zurich. So I need a bit of help to make a dreary business trip enjoyable. This was totally unexepcted so I have had zero chance to research.
We will be spending two non-consecutive nights in Zurich and taking care of business during the day, any recommendations for dinner? Something nice to do on a chilly evening? Small museums that open late?
We will be staying with friends close to Bern but they have an event on Christmas Day so we will be on our own, dinning on this day might be a bit challenging. Anyone has a suggestion? (backup plan is having a bread, sausage and cheese picnic).
I have been a few times to CH but always in the summer. Any Christmas market in the area? Special activities? Any advice is welcome.
Short, Unexpected Trip to Switzerland. Zurich and Bern Advice most Welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 2 Costa Brava for woman traveling alone in June
- 3 Train from Rome Airport FCO to Florence
- 4 13 Day Trip to Italy
- 5 Why Bilbao is the perfect getaway for foodies...
- 6 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 7 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 8 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?
- 9 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 10 Iceland Trekking/Camping
- 11 London with Kids
- 12 Food and travel budget-Europe
- 13 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 14 Dublin to western Ireland, ending in Cork for flight to Paris
- 15 Venice -- Hotel Becher or Hotel Fontana
- 16 Lux Express in the Baltics
- 17 Travel services for Spain
- 18 Private driver Amalfi Coast
- 19 Backpacking Europe (3-4 Weeks)
- 20 3.5 weeks in Europe w/ 10-month old
- 21 Luxury apartments in UK?
- 22 Please help me plan my trip!
- 23 Trip report: visit to Hampton Court Palace (London)
- 24 What Irish/English map is best to have for an Ireland driving vacation
- 25 Paris, One night for a foodie