We are going to CH on very short notice (actually DH is there already and I will be leaving tomorrow) and will spend Christmas and New Years. DH is Swiss but has not lived there for over 30yrs and has never been familiar with Zurich. So I need a bit of help to make a dreary business trip enjoyable. This was totally unexepcted so I have had zero chance to research.
We will be spending two non-consecutive nights in Zurich and taking care of business during the day, any recommendations for dinner? Something nice to do on a chilly evening? Small museums that open late?
We will be staying with friends close to Bern but they have an event on Christmas Day so we will be on our own, dinning on this day might be a bit challenging. Anyone has a suggestion? (backup plan is having a bread, sausage and cheese picnic).
I have been a few times to CH but always in the summer. Any Christmas market in the area? Special activities? Any advice is welcome.
Short, Unexpected Trip to Switzerland. Zurich and Bern Advice most Welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 2 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 3 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 4 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 5 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 6 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 7 Berlin Recommendations & Trip Highlights
- 8 Vienna State Opera Tickets
- 9 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 10 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 11 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 12 White Villages base?
- 13 10 days to Explore Europe
- 14 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 15 German Rail Twin Pass
- 16 How much luggage?????
- 17 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 18 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 19 Need advice please. First time visiting France next year
- 20 Help with France itinerary
- 21 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 22 ITALO trains need help
- 23 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 24 Cornwall or Paris?
- 25 plug adapters ITALY