We are going to CH on very short notice (actually DH is there already and I will be leaving tomorrow) and will spend Christmas and New Years. DH is Swiss but has not lived there for over 30yrs and has never been familiar with Zurich. So I need a bit of help to make a dreary business trip enjoyable. This was totally unexepcted so I have had zero chance to research.
We will be spending two non-consecutive nights in Zurich and taking care of business during the day, any recommendations for dinner? Something nice to do on a chilly evening? Small museums that open late?
We will be staying with friends close to Bern but they have an event on Christmas Day so we will be on our own, dinning on this day might be a bit challenging. Anyone has a suggestion? (backup plan is having a bread, sausage and cheese picnic).
I have been a few times to CH but always in the summer. Any Christmas market in the area? Special activities? Any advice is welcome.
Short, Unexpected Trip to Switzerland. Zurich and Bern Advice most Welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 2 Cotswolds first time
- 3 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 4 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 5 Help! Need alternative to PORTOVENERE in late-September!
- 6 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 7 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 8 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 9 Paris in black and white
- 10 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 11 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 12 Day trips from Bologna
- 13 First Trip to Europe
- 14 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 15 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 16 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 17 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 18 Vicenza day trip - can we walk everywhere?
- 19 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 20 Various Cities to Travel in May 2015
- 21 Rose Petals and Reflections
- 22 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 23 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 24 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 25 Need help with itinerary