We are going to CH on very short notice (actually DH is there already and I will be leaving tomorrow) and will spend Christmas and New Years. DH is Swiss but has not lived there for over 30yrs and has never been familiar with Zurich. So I need a bit of help to make a dreary business trip enjoyable. This was totally unexepcted so I have had zero chance to research.
We will be spending two non-consecutive nights in Zurich and taking care of business during the day, any recommendations for dinner? Something nice to do on a chilly evening? Small museums that open late?
We will be staying with friends close to Bern but they have an event on Christmas Day so we will be on our own, dinning on this day might be a bit challenging. Anyone has a suggestion? (backup plan is having a bread, sausage and cheese picnic).
I have been a few times to CH but always in the summer. Any Christmas market in the area? Special activities? Any advice is welcome.
Short, Unexpected Trip to Switzerland. Zurich and Bern Advice most Welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from San Sebastian to La Rioja to Bilbao
- 2 Please Help with Destination City In Belgium
- 3 German Wings
- 4 Mediterranean/Provence, February - March 2016
- 5 A week in Sicily doable or not?
- 6 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 7 SoS!!! Rome Hotel Prices - Why soooo expensive????
- 8 Budapest Favorites
- 9 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 10 Renting a car after train to Florence
- 11 April long weekend - Munich v Innsbruck v Salzburg
- 12 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip
- 13 Gargnano vs Bellagio (Lake Garda vs Lake Como)
- 14 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 15 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 16 In Paris on my own
- 17 Use of a Schwab Bank ATM Card in France
- 18 Where should we go in early- to mid-May: Spain, Greece, Croatia?
- 19 Sardinia- which northeast town?
- 20 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 21 Croatia
- 22 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 23 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 24 Buying Italian train tickets online
- 25 Bologna Restaurants