We are going to CH on very short notice (actually DH is there already and I will be leaving tomorrow) and will spend Christmas and New Years. DH is Swiss but has not lived there for over 30yrs and has never been familiar with Zurich. So I need a bit of help to make a dreary business trip enjoyable. This was totally unexepcted so I have had zero chance to research.
We will be spending two non-consecutive nights in Zurich and taking care of business during the day, any recommendations for dinner? Something nice to do on a chilly evening? Small museums that open late?
We will be staying with friends close to Bern but they have an event on Christmas Day so we will be on our own, dinning on this day might be a bit challenging. Anyone has a suggestion? (backup plan is having a bread, sausage and cheese picnic).
I have been a few times to CH but always in the summer. Any Christmas market in the area? Special activities? Any advice is welcome.
Short, Unexpected Trip to Switzerland. Zurich and Bern Advice most Welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains in Italy
- 2 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 3 Nice or Marseille??
- 4 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 5 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 6 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 7 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 8 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 9 Dresden or Leipzig
- 10 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 11 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 12 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 13 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 14 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 15 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 16 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 17 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 18 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 19 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 20 Air pollution in Paris
- 21 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 22 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 23 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 24 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 25 20 days in Germany