We are going to CH on very short notice (actually DH is there already and I will be leaving tomorrow) and will spend Christmas and New Years. DH is Swiss but has not lived there for over 30yrs and has never been familiar with Zurich. So I need a bit of help to make a dreary business trip enjoyable. This was totally unexepcted so I have had zero chance to research.
We will be spending two non-consecutive nights in Zurich and taking care of business during the day, any recommendations for dinner? Something nice to do on a chilly evening? Small museums that open late?
We will be staying with friends close to Bern but they have an event on Christmas Day so we will be on our own, dinning on this day might be a bit challenging. Anyone has a suggestion? (backup plan is having a bread, sausage and cheese picnic).
I have been a few times to CH but always in the summer. Any Christmas market in the area? Special activities? Any advice is welcome.
Short, Unexpected Trip to Switzerland. Zurich and Bern Advice most Welcome!
- 1 If you had 7 days for Romantic Road..What would you do
- 2 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 3 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 4 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 5 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 6 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare
- 7 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 8 Romania Apartment List
- 9 Moonliner bus question - can you help please?
- 10 1st time in Europe - Please critique our itinerary
- 11 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 12 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 13 Transportation from Landshut to Munich Airport?
- 14 Seems to me this forum is a lot less active than in years past....
- 15 American Citizen Buying a Home in Spain
- 16 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 17 Where can we go from Genoa for three days
- 18 Athens licensed tour guide
- 19 Eurostar Italy train to Florence fro Milan's Malpensa Airport
- 20 Rome's night of the museums 18 May 2013
- 21 Flight check in at Swiss Train stations
- 22 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 23 En Route from Istanbul to Budepest
- 24 Norway experts needed.
- 25 Heathrow to Limehouse