We are going to CH on very short notice (actually DH is there already and I will be leaving tomorrow) and will spend Christmas and New Years. DH is Swiss but has not lived there for over 30yrs and has never been familiar with Zurich. So I need a bit of help to make a dreary business trip enjoyable. This was totally unexepcted so I have had zero chance to research.
We will be spending two non-consecutive nights in Zurich and taking care of business during the day, any recommendations for dinner? Something nice to do on a chilly evening? Small museums that open late?
We will be staying with friends close to Bern but they have an event on Christmas Day so we will be on our own, dinning on this day might be a bit challenging. Anyone has a suggestion? (backup plan is having a bread, sausage and cheese picnic).
I have been a few times to CH but always in the summer. Any Christmas market in the area? Special activities? Any advice is welcome.
Short, Unexpected Trip to Switzerland. Zurich and Bern Advice most Welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 4 21 Days in Central Europe
- 5 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 6 London visit
- 7 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 8 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 9 My itinerary for Greece
- 10 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 11 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 12 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 13 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 14 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 15 London 2nd time around
- 16 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 17 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 18 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 19 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 20 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 21 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 22 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 23 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 24 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 25 Budget for 3 Month's