We are going to CH on very short notice (actually DH is there already and I will be leaving tomorrow) and will spend Christmas and New Years. DH is Swiss but has not lived there for over 30yrs and has never been familiar with Zurich. So I need a bit of help to make a dreary business trip enjoyable. This was totally unexepcted so I have had zero chance to research.
We will be spending two non-consecutive nights in Zurich and taking care of business during the day, any recommendations for dinner? Something nice to do on a chilly evening? Small museums that open late?
We will be staying with friends close to Bern but they have an event on Christmas Day so we will be on our own, dinning on this day might be a bit challenging. Anyone has a suggestion? (backup plan is having a bread, sausage and cheese picnic).
I have been a few times to CH but always in the summer. Any Christmas market in the area? Special activities? Any advice is welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 2 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 3 Portugal and Spain
- 4 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 5 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 6 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 7 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 8 FAST transport from JFK to
- 9 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 10 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 11 My Worst Experience During My Holiday In Europe
- 12 Croatia - advice on where to stay in Plitvice Lakes
- 13 Italy in August with kids
- 14 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 15 Itenerary Opinion
- 16 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 17 A road trip to Florence
- 18 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 19 Healthy eating in Rome
- 20 Parking in Alhambra for two days
- 21 Madrid to Paris by car in January 2016
- 22 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 23 For anyone in London on Wednesday 27 May - State Ooening of Parliament
- 24 French Prem Train Fares
- 25 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
Short, Unexpected Trip to Switzerland. Zurich and Bern Advice most Welcome!