We are going to CH on very short notice (actually DH is there already and I will be leaving tomorrow) and will spend Christmas and New Years. DH is Swiss but has not lived there for over 30yrs and has never been familiar with Zurich. So I need a bit of help to make a dreary business trip enjoyable. This was totally unexepcted so I have had zero chance to research.
We will be spending two non-consecutive nights in Zurich and taking care of business during the day, any recommendations for dinner? Something nice to do on a chilly evening? Small museums that open late?
We will be staying with friends close to Bern but they have an event on Christmas Day so we will be on our own, dinning on this day might be a bit challenging. Anyone has a suggestion? (backup plan is having a bread, sausage and cheese picnic).
I have been a few times to CH but always in the summer. Any Christmas market in the area? Special activities? Any advice is welcome.
Short, Unexpected Trip to Switzerland. Zurich and Bern Advice most Welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Google Maps
- 2 Waste of money...
- 3 Is Venice really dirty?
- 4 Kids in Pubs -- N Ireland and Ireland
- 5 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 6 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..
- 7 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 8 Stereotypes about various nationalities
- 9 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 10 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 11 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 12 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 13 Shoe/boot help for Munich and Berlin
- 14 Transportation or Driver recommendations / experiences Ireland/ N Ireland
- 15 italy - france - germany
- 16 Prague, Krakow, Budapest and Vienna
- 17 Planning Europe trip
- 18 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 19 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 20 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 21 Authentic czech food
- 22 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 23 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 24 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 25 Kimhe--flamenco