We are going to CH on very short notice (actually DH is there already and I will be leaving tomorrow) and will spend Christmas and New Years. DH is Swiss but has not lived there for over 30yrs and has never been familiar with Zurich. So I need a bit of help to make a dreary business trip enjoyable. This was totally unexepcted so I have had zero chance to research.
We will be spending two non-consecutive nights in Zurich and taking care of business during the day, any recommendations for dinner? Something nice to do on a chilly evening? Small museums that open late?
We will be staying with friends close to Bern but they have an event on Christmas Day so we will be on our own, dinning on this day might be a bit challenging. Anyone has a suggestion? (backup plan is having a bread, sausage and cheese picnic).
I have been a few times to CH but always in the summer. Any Christmas market in the area? Special activities? Any advice is welcome.
Short, Unexpected Trip to Switzerland. Zurich and Bern Advice most Welcome!
- 1 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 2 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 3 Southern France
- 4 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 5 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 6 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 7 Prague Main Train Station
- 8 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 9 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 10 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 11 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 12 Berlin
- 13 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 14 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 15 Train travel in Europe
- 16 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 17 The Adriatic? Or Turkey and the Greek Islands?
- 18 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 19 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 20 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 21 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 22 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 23 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 24 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 25 When to visit Provence updated info