We are going to CH on very short notice (actually DH is there already and I will be leaving tomorrow) and will spend Christmas and New Years. DH is Swiss but has not lived there for over 30yrs and has never been familiar with Zurich. So I need a bit of help to make a dreary business trip enjoyable. This was totally unexepcted so I have had zero chance to research.
We will be spending two non-consecutive nights in Zurich and taking care of business during the day, any recommendations for dinner? Something nice to do on a chilly evening? Small museums that open late?
We will be staying with friends close to Bern but they have an event on Christmas Day so we will be on our own, dinning on this day might be a bit challenging. Anyone has a suggestion? (backup plan is having a bread, sausage and cheese picnic).
I have been a few times to CH but always in the summer. Any Christmas market in the area? Special activities? Any advice is welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 2 Clown wants to do some street performing in Europe
- 3 Advise
- 4 Most beautiful cities in Europe?
- 5 Who owns the Alhambra? ...calling all history buffs
- 6 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 7 The BEST Road Trip Ever! 15 Nights in Iceland
- 8 Small-group day tours from London?
- 9 How to rent a car...
- 10 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 11 Rome - To Tour or Not to Tour
- 12 Getting Around Toledo
- 13 Where in Costa del Sol ?
- 14 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 15 Best location to stay in Seville
- 16 Paris IV: a day trip to Chartres with lots of lessons
- 17 Balleseede Castle in Trallee or Killarney
- 18 Crete - Short Island Cruises from/return Crete
- 19 Photos from our wonderful trip to Spain
- 20 6 weeks in Tuscany-things to do
- 21 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 22 Andalucia to Madrid
- 23 Saltzburg,Nuremberg and munich
- 24 Italian Roadtrip ideas/feedback
- 25 Did I make a mistake arriving Venice on a holiday (Nov 1)?
Short, Unexpected Trip to Switzerland. Zurich and Bern Advice most Welcome!