I will be attending a conference for a week in Riva del Garda in mid October. I am student on low budget. I am planning to stay 2 days extra for local sightseeing. Apart from this place, I am confused about which places to visit. I heard so much about Rome, Venice, Florence, Milan, Leaning Tower (Pisa), Alps, Amalfi Coast etc. that I find it difficult to choose 1-2 of them for a short trip. Just based on the map and the direction of travel, I thought that starting from Riva del Garda, I can visit Florence, Pisa, Rome and catch the flight back in Rome. Or may be I can skip Florence. Thought of spending 2 days each in one place. Is this a good plan? If I stay in hostels, eat at low cost places, what is the budget that I am looking at? 300 euros?
Should I pick alternate places that are nearby to Riva del Garda?
In general I like hiking, going to scenic places, greenery and don't mind walking around these historic places.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 2 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 3 getting to CDG
- 4 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 5 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 6 Cambrils
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 9 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 10 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 11 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 12 Amalfi Coast help
- 13 CDG airport and connection time
- 14 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 15 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 16 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 17 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 18 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 19 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 20 Trains in Alps and UK
- 21 Switzerland
- 22 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 23 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 24 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 25 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary