I will be attending a conference for a week in Riva del Garda in mid October. I am student on low budget. I am planning to stay 2 days extra for local sightseeing. Apart from this place, I am confused about which places to visit. I heard so much about Rome, Venice, Florence, Milan, Leaning Tower (Pisa), Alps, Amalfi Coast etc. that I find it difficult to choose 1-2 of them for a short trip. Just based on the map and the direction of travel, I thought that starting from Riva del Garda, I can visit Florence, Pisa, Rome and catch the flight back in Rome. Or may be I can skip Florence. Thought of spending 2 days each in one place. Is this a good plan? If I stay in hostels, eat at low cost places, what is the budget that I am looking at? 300 euros?
Should I pick alternate places that are nearby to Riva del Garda?
In general I like hiking, going to scenic places, greenery and don't mind walking around these historic places.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 2 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 3 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 4 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 5 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 6 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 7 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 8 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 9 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 10 Help on ancient history route
- 11 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 12 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 13 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 14 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 15 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 16 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 17 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 18 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 19 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 20 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 21 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 22 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 23 Hotels in Turin
- 24 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 25 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person