I will be attending a conference for a week in Riva del Garda in mid October. I am student on low budget. I am planning to stay 2 days extra for local sightseeing. Apart from this place, I am confused about which places to visit. I heard so much about Rome, Venice, Florence, Milan, Leaning Tower (Pisa), Alps, Amalfi Coast etc. that I find it difficult to choose 1-2 of them for a short trip. Just based on the map and the direction of travel, I thought that starting from Riva del Garda, I can visit Florence, Pisa, Rome and catch the flight back in Rome. Or may be I can skip Florence. Thought of spending 2 days each in one place. Is this a good plan? If I stay in hostels, eat at low cost places, what is the budget that I am looking at? 300 euros?
Should I pick alternate places that are nearby to Riva del Garda?
In general I like hiking, going to scenic places, greenery and don't mind walking around these historic places.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 4 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 5 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 6 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 7 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 8 Late December in eastern France / western Germany—where to go?
- 9 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 10 4 days each in London and Paris
- 11 A few more questions about Brittany
- 12 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 13 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 14 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 15 Switzerland in September
- 16 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 17 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 18 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 19 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 20 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 21 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 22 Positano or Sorrento?
- 23 Paris in November
- 24 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 25 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes