I will be attending a conference for a week in Riva del Garda in mid October. I am student on low budget. I am planning to stay 2 days extra for local sightseeing. Apart from this place, I am confused about which places to visit. I heard so much about Rome, Venice, Florence, Milan, Leaning Tower (Pisa), Alps, Amalfi Coast etc. that I find it difficult to choose 1-2 of them for a short trip. Just based on the map and the direction of travel, I thought that starting from Riva del Garda, I can visit Florence, Pisa, Rome and catch the flight back in Rome. Or may be I can skip Florence. Thought of spending 2 days each in one place. Is this a good plan? If I stay in hostels, eat at low cost places, what is the budget that I am looking at? 300 euros?
Should I pick alternate places that are nearby to Riva del Garda?
In general I like hiking, going to scenic places, greenery and don't mind walking around these historic places.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal rental car
- 2 London 6 day itinerary
- 3 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 4 London in Winter Report
- 5 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan
- 6 IWM
- 7 London Hotel - Different Request
- 8 Seville to Cordoba
- 9 3 nights in Madrid
- 10 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 11 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 12 Travelling Iceland
- 13 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 14 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 15 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 16 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 17 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 18 Trastevere Food
- 19 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 20 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 21 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 22 Sim Cards
- 23 Nightime Tivoli
- 24 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 25 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood