I am planning a short trip to Iceland in July, mainly staying in Reykjavik. I am planning to fly to Akureyri for a day so I can whale watch in the North and hopefully have a better chance of seeing a humpback whale. I am torn between staying overnight in Akureyri and exploring Godafoss, Lake Myvatn and Krafla the following day before I return to Reykjavik. Or flying back to Reykjavik that night and flying to Hofn the next day to see Jokulsarlon. I cannot fit both the Myvatn area and Jokulsarlon into my trip. Which is better? I am not confident I will have another chance to get to Iceland in the summer so I am trying to maximize my trip. Thank you in advance for your suggestions
Short Trip to Iceland - Lake Myvatn or Jokulsarlon?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 days in Switzerland in October first week
- 2 Belated Paris trip report, May 16-24 2014 part 2: the actual trip
- 3 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 4 Help with 2 for 1 offers in London
- 5 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 6 Help with Madrid Location
- 7 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 8 23 days in Italy - itenerary HELP
- 9 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 10 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 11 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 12 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 13 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 14 Nice cafe near or in Milano Centrale Station
- 15 Italy and Greece
- 16 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 17 Please help with itinerary...
- 18 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 19 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 20 Ireland Itinerary Feedback Please
- 21 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 22 ITALY
- 23 2 Days in Rome
- 24 Globus Tours
- 25 Best location for Prague hotel?