I am planning a short trip to Iceland in July, mainly staying in Reykjavik. I am planning to fly to Akureyri for a day so I can whale watch in the North and hopefully have a better chance of seeing a humpback whale. I am torn between staying overnight in Akureyri and exploring Godafoss, Lake Myvatn and Krafla the following day before I return to Reykjavik. Or flying back to Reykjavik that night and flying to Hofn the next day to see Jokulsarlon. I cannot fit both the Myvatn area and Jokulsarlon into my trip. Which is better? I am not confident I will have another chance to get to Iceland in the summer so I am trying to maximize my trip. Thank you in advance for your suggestions
Short Trip to Iceland - Lake Myvatn or Jokulsarlon?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Customs & Immigration Necessary at Frankfurt Germany Airport???
- 2 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 3 Best data sim
- 4 1st time to europe- from 0ct 3-26 2014 train advance ticket advice
- 5 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 6 Crete Island - off the beaten track
- 7 London Soccer tickets-Boxing Day & Dec 28 how difficult to get??
- 8 Escargot
- 9 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 10 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 11 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 12 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 13 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 14 Interested In Coach Passes
- 15 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 16 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 17 Need help - Train from Marseille airport to Paris
- 18 Alterations to night trains routes
- 19 first family trip to Switzerland
- 20 Itinerary update and request for help with side trip from Munich
- 21 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 22 Pisa or Siena?
- 23 2 nights in Venice - what restaurants should we not miss?
- 24 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 25 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London