I am planning a short trip to Iceland in July, mainly staying in Reykjavik. I am planning to fly to Akureyri for a day so I can whale watch in the North and hopefully have a better chance of seeing a humpback whale. I am torn between staying overnight in Akureyri and exploring Godafoss, Lake Myvatn and Krafla the following day before I return to Reykjavik. Or flying back to Reykjavik that night and flying to Hofn the next day to see Jokulsarlon. I cannot fit both the Myvatn area and Jokulsarlon into my trip. Which is better? I am not confident I will have another chance to get to Iceland in the summer so I am trying to maximize my trip. Thank you in advance for your suggestions
Short Trip to Iceland - Lake Myvatn or Jokulsarlon?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid night life – nice bars to relax and enjoy music?
- 2 Is there immigration/customs check between Edinburgh and London?
- 3 Central European train travel
- 4 Trains from Brussels to other Belgian cities/towns
- 5 Spain Student Visa - Schengen re-entry + later arrival
- 6 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 7 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 8 My poppy arrived today!
- 9 Cycling in Southern France--Flat terraine
- 10 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 11 Rail connections from Rotterdam and ease of boarding train with luggage
- 12 Euro Quiz # 82 - Wednesday 4-1-15
- 13 Rail Pass for 2 countries, but HELP, we wish to cross in/out of a 3rd
- 14 Train tickets within Italy
- 15 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 16 Southwestern England
- 17 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 18 Is Jungfraujoch worth the trip for a CLAUSTROPHOBIC person?
- 19 Barcelona -which discount tickets? - museums and Gaudi
- 20 11 day Swiss and Italy
- 21 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 22 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 23 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 24 How strict are visiting times at Reina Sofia Museum
- 25 Our first trip to Europe