I am planning a short trip to Iceland in July, mainly staying in Reykjavik. I am planning to fly to Akureyri for a day so I can whale watch in the North and hopefully have a better chance of seeing a humpback whale. I am torn between staying overnight in Akureyri and exploring Godafoss, Lake Myvatn and Krafla the following day before I return to Reykjavik. Or flying back to Reykjavik that night and flying to Hofn the next day to see Jokulsarlon. I cannot fit both the Myvatn area and Jokulsarlon into my trip. Which is better? I am not confident I will have another chance to get to Iceland in the summer so I am trying to maximize my trip. Thank you in advance for your suggestions
Short Trip to Iceland - Lake Myvatn or Jokulsarlon?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Favorite Farmhouse Vacation
- 2 divento.com
- 3 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 4 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 5 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 6 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 7 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 8 Piran to Venice via ferry
- 9 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 10 Birthday trip for Mom in May 2015
- 11 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 12 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 13 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 14 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 15 One week in Bavaria, Salzburg and Prague
- 16 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 17 Airbnb scam
- 18 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 19 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 20 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 21 Tipping in the UK
- 22 Central Europe itinerary
- 23 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 24 floods in Andalucia
- 25 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years