I am planning a short trip to Iceland in July, mainly staying in Reykjavik. I am planning to fly to Akureyri for a day so I can whale watch in the North and hopefully have a better chance of seeing a humpback whale. I am torn between staying overnight in Akureyri and exploring Godafoss, Lake Myvatn and Krafla the following day before I return to Reykjavik. Or flying back to Reykjavik that night and flying to Hofn the next day to see Jokulsarlon. I cannot fit both the Myvatn area and Jokulsarlon into my trip. Which is better? I am not confident I will have another chance to get to Iceland in the summer so I am trying to maximize my trip. Thank you in advance for your suggestions
Short Trip to Iceland - Lake Myvatn or Jokulsarlon?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where left high and dry by US credit cards in UK & France
- 2 Picos de Europa - Need advice please
- 3 Oviedo, Aviles or Gijon
- 4 Which swiss alps to visit? First time to Switzerland
- 5 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 6 Mama Mia Italy!
- 7 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 8 Train from Le Havre to Paris
- 9 travel to western Europe from India
- 10 Trying to find food items from Rome
- 11 Milestone Birthday Trip-Where Would You Go?
- 12 Scotland on a farm by horse?
- 13 Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Paris
- 14 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 15 Germany -- with Reformation emphasis
- 16 Cordoba-Granada itinerary
- 17 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 18 Late night train from Prague
- 19 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 20 4 Days in Paris: Sample Itinerary for First Trip There
- 21 I'm in a funk
- 22 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 23 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 24 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 25 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel