I am planning a short trip to Iceland in July, mainly staying in Reykjavik. I am planning to fly to Akureyri for a day so I can whale watch in the North and hopefully have a better chance of seeing a humpback whale. I am torn between staying overnight in Akureyri and exploring Godafoss, Lake Myvatn and Krafla the following day before I return to Reykjavik. Or flying back to Reykjavik that night and flying to Hofn the next day to see Jokulsarlon. I cannot fit both the Myvatn area and Jokulsarlon into my trip. Which is better? I am not confident I will have another chance to get to Iceland in the summer so I am trying to maximize my trip. Thank you in advance for your suggestions
Short Trip to Iceland - Lake Myvatn or Jokulsarlon?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 2 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 3 Air pollution in Paris
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Dublin to Armagh?
- 6 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 7 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 8 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 9 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 10 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 11 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 12 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 13 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 14 England and Scotland
- 15 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 16 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 17 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 18 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 19 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 20 Naxos in May
- 21 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 22 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 23 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 24 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 25 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS