I am planning a short trip to Iceland in July, mainly staying in Reykjavik. I am planning to fly to Akureyri for a day so I can whale watch in the North and hopefully have a better chance of seeing a humpback whale. I am torn between staying overnight in Akureyri and exploring Godafoss, Lake Myvatn and Krafla the following day before I return to Reykjavik. Or flying back to Reykjavik that night and flying to Hofn the next day to see Jokulsarlon. I cannot fit both the Myvatn area and Jokulsarlon into my trip. Which is better? I am not confident I will have another chance to get to Iceland in the summer so I am trying to maximize my trip. Thank you in advance for your suggestions
Short Trip to Iceland - Lake Myvatn or Jokulsarlon?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 2 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 3 Best beach town in Italy?
- 4 Where to go in France mid July?
- 5 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 6 Help with England/Wales tour
- 7 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 8 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 9 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 10 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 11 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 12 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 13 Italy and Croatia
- 14 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 15 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 16 Five nights in Extremadura
- 17 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 18 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 19 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 20 trip to norway
- 21 Is Venice really dirty?
- 22 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 23 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 24 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 25 Cotswold Churches