I am planning a short trip to Iceland in July, mainly staying in Reykjavik. I am planning to fly to Akureyri for a day so I can whale watch in the North and hopefully have a better chance of seeing a humpback whale. I am torn between staying overnight in Akureyri and exploring Godafoss, Lake Myvatn and Krafla the following day before I return to Reykjavik. Or flying back to Reykjavik that night and flying to Hofn the next day to see Jokulsarlon. I cannot fit both the Myvatn area and Jokulsarlon into my trip. Which is better? I am not confident I will have another chance to get to Iceland in the summer so I am trying to maximize my trip. Thank you in advance for your suggestions
Short Trip to Iceland - Lake Myvatn or Jokulsarlon?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 2 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 3 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 4 Cotswolds village base
- 5 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 6 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 7 First Time Going to Europe
- 8 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 9 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 10 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 11 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 12 Traveling mid-august in UK and Ireland
- 13 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 14 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 15 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 16 International driving permit required in France?
- 17 How long in Venice?
- 18 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report
- 19 Hotel in Rome?
- 20 Trip report: Milan and Lake Como
- 21 Parisbestlodge Fleur de Lys apt
- 22 Traditional food in Athens
- 23 Getting cash in Spain
- 24 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 25 Greek Ferries in October - Q's