I am planning a short trip to Iceland in July, mainly staying in Reykjavik. I am planning to fly to Akureyri for a day so I can whale watch in the North and hopefully have a better chance of seeing a humpback whale. I am torn between staying overnight in Akureyri and exploring Godafoss, Lake Myvatn and Krafla the following day before I return to Reykjavik. Or flying back to Reykjavik that night and flying to Hofn the next day to see Jokulsarlon. I cannot fit both the Myvatn area and Jokulsarlon into my trip. Which is better? I am not confident I will have another chance to get to Iceland in the summer so I am trying to maximize my trip. Thank you in advance for your suggestions
Short Trip to Iceland - Lake Myvatn or Jokulsarlon?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 2 Your favourite places in Bath
- 3 Rental car scams in Italy
- 4 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 5 England & Scotland in April
- 6 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 7 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 8 Rome Areas to stay
- 9 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 10 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 11 Italy and Croatia
- 12 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 13 Is this the right way<>?
- 14 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 15 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 16 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 17 Italy - Month of July
- 18 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 19 Autumn in Paris
- 20 Europe Tour with Kids
- 21 Has anyone every used a company called Portugal Trails
- 22 St Germain
- 23 22 days or DIY tour
- 24 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 25 17days Italy itinerary for Dec