We are going to Edinburgh soon and would appreciate some local wisdom and how to make the most of our time there.
We arrive on a Tuesday (10 sep) at around 5pm and leave on Friday (13th) at midday and are staying at the Edinburgh Regency guesthouse, Granville Terrace, EH10.
We both love history and the paranormal ( there are so many ghost type walks, any ideas as to which are best????) but are not that into arty type things. Also is is worth using the HOHO bus or just get around on local buses.
Finally recommendations for eateries that are reasonably priced and serve good Scottish food would be most welcomed.
short trip to edinburgh
- 1 Travel by train or bus
- 2 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 3 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 4 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 5 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 6 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 7 London for Christmas
- 8 Florence in October
- 9 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 10 Traveling within Italy
- 11 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 12 first european holiday itinery
- 13 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 14 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 15 7 days in Andalucia
- 16 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 17 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 18 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 19 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 20 Euro Train
- 21 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 22 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 23 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 24 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 25 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???