Rome: Hotel Romano, opposite entrance to Forum. Clean, air conditioning and ceiling fan. Taverna dei Fori Imperiali, Via Madonna dei Monti 16 - family place. There is now an entrance fee to the Forum. No line at the Vatican Museums at 12:15 p.m. Thursday.
Pompeii: EnjoyRome shuttle. No cameo factory stops. Right amount of time at the site: 10:30 to 3:15.
Florence: B & B Peterson, 5 room guesthouse, friendly and clean, no breakfast. Ristorante Al Vecchio Carlino on Vialle Fratelli Rosselli - local favorite.
Castelfiorentino: Hotel Boscarecce (east of town, off the beaten path) Incredibly romantic and relaxing. Wonderful hostess, excellent restaurant. Call Susanna for directions. Within 1 to 1 1/2 hour of Florence, Lucca, Volterra, San Gimignano
Reservations thru Venere.com (great service), with recommendations from Ira and ParadiseLost!
Good surprises: cold water from Rome fountains. Easy to purchase train tickets at station kiosks.
Not so good surprise: Holiday Inn Rome-EUR Parco dei Medici. No food at hotel in afternoon. One mediocre restaurant across the street.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Outstanding Bangalore Escorts Agency
- 2 Airports in France - help with transport between them
- 3 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 4 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 5 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 6 A few more questions about Brittany
- 7 Flight
- 8 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 9 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 10 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 13 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 14 Sweet villages to base in La Rioja
- 15 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 16 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 17 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 18 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 19 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 20 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 21 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 22 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 23 Late December in eastern France / western Germany—where to go?
- 24 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 25 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?