Rome: Hotel Romano, opposite entrance to Forum. Clean, air conditioning and ceiling fan. Taverna dei Fori Imperiali, Via Madonna dei Monti 16 - family place. There is now an entrance fee to the Forum. No line at the Vatican Museums at 12:15 p.m. Thursday.
Pompeii: EnjoyRome shuttle. No cameo factory stops. Right amount of time at the site: 10:30 to 3:15.
Florence: B & B Peterson, 5 room guesthouse, friendly and clean, no breakfast. Ristorante Al Vecchio Carlino on Vialle Fratelli Rosselli - local favorite.
Castelfiorentino: Hotel Boscarecce (east of town, off the beaten path) Incredibly romantic and relaxing. Wonderful hostess, excellent restaurant. Call Susanna for directions. Within 1 to 1 1/2 hour of Florence, Lucca, Volterra, San Gimignano
Reservations thru Venere.com (great service), with recommendations from Ira and ParadiseLost!
Good surprises: cold water from Rome fountains. Easy to purchase train tickets at station kiosks.
Not so good surprise: Holiday Inn Rome-EUR Parco dei Medici. No food at hotel in afternoon. One mediocre restaurant across the street.
Short trip report - Rome, Florence, Castelfiorentino
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Student Visas/Schengen Zone
- 2 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 3 Mama Mia Italy!
- 4 Dordogne in October
- 5 iPhone Sim Data Question (UK, Italy, France)
- 6 Travel sim with Free Incoming
- 7 Does this sound feasible?
- 8 Bike touring in France
- 9 Need help in finalizing Switzerland travel dates
- 10 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 11 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 12 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 13 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 14 Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?
- 15 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 16 Calling home from abroad
- 17 Visiting Verona Arena during the day
- 18 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 19 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 20 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 21 Croatia: BEACHES/NIGHTCLUBS
- 22 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 23 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 24 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 25 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)