I found an apartment on Homeaway we'd like to rent for 4 nights this summer: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p464361
We have confirmed availability and let the owner know we'd like to rent it. I asked if he had a written agreement. He replied that I can make a deposit of 80 euros via Paypal and the balance is due in cash upon arrival.
Is this the typical practice? Would you require a written contract (detailing cancellation policy, etc) or is this not done for short-term rentals in Italy? I'm not wild about paying cash though it is not like he asked for it up front.
Your advice/experience is most appreciated -- thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 2 Top Tapas Tascas
- 3 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 4 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 7 If your site isn't working because of the update, just take it offline
- 8 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 9 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 10 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 11 Greece
- 12 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 13 Hiking lake Como
- 14 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 15 Renting a car in Greece
- 16 Prem fares (again)
- 17 tickets for Wimbledon
- 18 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 19 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 20 Iceland, france spain
- 21 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 22 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 25 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??