I found an apartment on Homeaway we'd like to rent for 4 nights this summer: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p464361
We have confirmed availability and let the owner know we'd like to rent it. I asked if he had a written agreement. He replied that I can make a deposit of 80 euros via Paypal and the balance is due in cash upon arrival.
Is this the typical practice? Would you require a written contract (detailing cancellation policy, etc) or is this not done for short-term rentals in Italy? I'm not wild about paying cash though it is not like he asked for it up front.
Your advice/experience is most appreciated -- thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Florence
- 2 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 3 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 4 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 5 First time in Bulgaria
- 6 Paris in September
- 7 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 8 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 9 St Denis Cathedral
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 12 May get together in Paris
- 13 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 14 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 15 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 18 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 19 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 20 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 23 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 24 Self drive tour companies
- 25 Rouen Tour Companies