I have finally givin in to my Mother and agreed to a cruise of the Baltics. This being my 1st cruise and trip to the Baltic Cities, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn and St Petersburg, I know very little about where the Ports are located and whether or not it is worth it to arrange to take the Holland America Excursions or plan our own days (with the exception of St Petersburg). We have traveled very well on our own through out most of Eastern Europe, so I'm OK with hailing taxis, local transportation, reading maps etc. When you only have one day in each city, I think we are wasting time waiting for a tour to start. Any insight?
Ship excursions or on your own in the Baltic Cities.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 2 Guidebook for Iceland
- 3 visa question
- 4 caroline_venezia
- 5 A Sardinia trip report
- 6 Granada
- 7 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 8 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 9 Taormina Sicily
- 10 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 11 All Set To Go!!
- 12 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 13 First time to Switzerland
- 14 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 15 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 16 Romantic Greece and Exciting Turkey : 2011 Trip Report
- 17 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 18 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 19 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 20 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 21 First time Ireland trip
- 22 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 23 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 24 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 25 Renfe planning strike December 26th