I have finally givin in to my Mother and agreed to a cruise of the Baltics. This being my 1st cruise and trip to the Baltic Cities, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn and St Petersburg, I know very little about where the Ports are located and whether or not it is worth it to arrange to take the Holland America Excursions or plan our own days (with the exception of St Petersburg). We have traveled very well on our own through out most of Eastern Europe, so I'm OK with hailing taxis, local transportation, reading maps etc. When you only have one day in each city, I think we are wasting time waiting for a tour to start. Any insight?
Ship excursions or on your own in the Baltic Cities.
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Family European winter holiday
- 2 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 3 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 4 2 Week European Itinerary
- 5 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 6 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 7 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 8 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 9 Rome Accommodation
- 10 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 11 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 12 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 13 Italian Lakes gardens
- 14 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 15 Dresden Train Station
- 16 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 17 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 18 London for Christmas
- 19 Amsterdam: Alcoholics Cleaning Streets to Get Free Booze!
- 20 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 21 Waltz performances in Stadtpark Vienna
- 22 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 23 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 24 More help with housing in Puglia
- 25 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy