I have finally givin in to my Mother and agreed to a cruise of the Baltics. This being my 1st cruise and trip to the Baltic Cities, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn and St Petersburg, I know very little about where the Ports are located and whether or not it is worth it to arrange to take the Holland America Excursions or plan our own days (with the exception of St Petersburg). We have traveled very well on our own through out most of Eastern Europe, so I'm OK with hailing taxis, local transportation, reading maps etc. When you only have one day in each city, I think we are wasting time waiting for a tour to start. Any insight?
Ship excursions or on your own in the Baltic Cities.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 2 Reims for a day
- 3 Munich with a car?
- 4 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 5 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 6 Abruzzo for 5 days
- 7 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 8 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 9 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 10 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 11 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 12 poland to switzerland
- 13 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 14 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 15 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 16 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 17 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 18 Day trip on the Rhine
- 19 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 20 Toulouse and beyond -
- 21 One week in Venice - trips
- 22 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 23 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 24 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 25 UK for 12 days !