I am heading to the UK for my biennial trip in a few weeks and will spend the beginning and end few days in London, but the rest of the trip will be driving. I will be starting in Cardiff and ending in Oxford. I lived in the UK for a while and had a car, so am pretty comfortable driving in cities and small villages.
I collect china/porcelain and silverware, so was thinking of going to Sheffield for the cutlery and Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent for the china. I actually do a lot of buying and selling, so am looking for places, i.e. antique stores, charity shops that would have good selections of these items. Recommendations would be brilliant and much appreciated.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 2 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 3 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 4 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 5 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 6 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 7 Another tipping question: concierges
- 8 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 9 Trip suggestion
- 10 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 12 Back from Paris
- 13 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 14 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 15 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 16 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 17 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 18 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 19 International Flight Question
- 20 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 21 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 22 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 23 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 24 Luggage Storage
- 25 LIsbon