I am heading to the UK for my biennial trip in a few weeks and will spend the beginning and end few days in London, but the rest of the trip will be driving. I will be starting in Cardiff and ending in Oxford. I lived in the UK for a while and had a car, so am pretty comfortable driving in cities and small villages.
I collect china/porcelain and silverware, so was thinking of going to Sheffield for the cutlery and Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent for the china. I actually do a lot of buying and selling, so am looking for places, i.e. antique stores, charity shops that would have good selections of these items. Recommendations would be brilliant and much appreciated.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French election
- 2 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 3 French Election - Questions???
- 4 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 5 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 6 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 7 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 8 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 9 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 10 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 11 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 12 2 weeks Europe trip
- 13 Leather goods in Florence
- 14 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 15 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 16 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 17 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 18 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 19 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 20 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 21 To Paris Beauvais? Thursday the 27th am?
- 22 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 23 dinner jackets
- 24 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 25 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report