I am heading to the UK for my biennial trip in a few weeks and will spend the beginning and end few days in London, but the rest of the trip will be driving. I will be starting in Cardiff and ending in Oxford. I lived in the UK for a while and had a car, so am pretty comfortable driving in cities and small villages.
I collect china/porcelain and silverware, so was thinking of going to Sheffield for the cutlery and Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent for the china. I actually do a lot of buying and selling, so am looking for places, i.e. antique stores, charity shops that would have good selections of these items. Recommendations would be brilliant and much appreciated.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 2 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 3 Portugal: 70th birthday trip
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 6 Another theft warning: coastal trains, between Genoa & Tuscany
- 7 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 8 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 9 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 10 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 11 Northern Ireland ideas
- 12 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 13 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 14 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 15 Long weekend in Albania
- 16 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 17 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 18 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 19 scotland itinerary
- 20 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 23 Hotel in Florence
- 24 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 25 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany