Am in Seville right now and it's a beautiful town. I enjoyed my long walk today morning and then went cycling on the cobbled streets. It was bliss beyond words.
This is by no means a full trip report but a small but critical aspect of dealing with heat as I'm in Seville right now.
Coming to the part to cope with, it's quite hot in Seville right now. Close to 42 degree today!!! While I'm used to higher temperatures back home, this heat is dry heat and it hits your head. I'm not able to really cope with it but am doing the following:
1. Wake up early and do all outdoor things before noon. Walks / cycling / seeing the local market, etc.
2. Using sunscreen till your skin can't absorb any more. And keep replenishing every two hours or so.
3. Drink lots of water. At least 4-5 ltr everyday.
4. A hat and shades - absolute must.
5. Don't wear closed shoes. Sneakers may be comfy but the lack of air plus heat may induce boils on feet. Slippers are the best way to go (albeit looks like you made no effort to dress up). Comfort & functionality over vanity
6. For girls, prefer airy dresses over tee and shorts. Same principal - avoid any cloth or any other material rubbing against your skin or being airtight.
7. Don't eat spicy food in the daytime. Buy fruits from one of the local shops and keep eating one apple / banana etc every one-two hours. Savor on local delicacies and spicy food at dinner.
8. Absolutely do not wear a pair of "new" shoes in hot weather. They are sure to bite you more. Experience speaking.
9. Breakndown the activities for the day in two parts. Try to finish the sightseeing round one by 2. Then, do as the locals do. Have lunch and take a nap. I know it sounds like you're wasting time. And for many people like me, who don't mind taking a bit of a hectic (lots of walking in a day, no need for physical rest although sometimes the sites are so overwhelming that one needs a mental break in between) trips, it seems not so good a suggestion. But if you brave yourself outdoors during three to six pm sun, it is highly likely you'd fall sick and may not have the energy to carry on the next day. Start again at 6 pm and stay awake till late, taking strolls by plaza and meandering cobbled streets, Tapas-sampling and enjoying the cooler weather.
10. Do what a kid would do, in front of a "helados" shop - wherever you see it, just go in and buy one ice cream
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』캄보디아카지노후기
- 2 애플카지노주소≪♨≫SKT110.CoM≪♨≫아시안카지노파트너
- 3 블랙젝블【XAX111.ＣoM】아시안카지노
- 4 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』카지노업
- 5 강친닷컴【XAX111.ＣoM】라이브바카라
- 6 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』카지노잭
- 7 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』카지노잭팟녀
- 8 카지노업체【XAX111.ＣoM】라이브카지노
- 9 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』카드카운팅방법
- 10 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』카지노바카라룰
- 11 생방송카지노【XAX111.ＣoM】코리아바카라
- 12 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』카지노룰렛방법
- 13 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』카지노돈따기
- 14 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』카지노꽁
- 15 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』우리나라카지노
- 16 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』우리카지노파트너
- 17 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』우리카지노총판
- 18 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』베가스벳카지노
- 19 인터넷바카라【XAX111.ＣoM】코리아카지노
- 20 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』맥스카지노주소
- 21 하롱베이카지노【XAX111.ＣoM】바카라사이트
- 22 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』맥심카지노
- 23 오픈카지노【XAX111.ＣoM】카지노사이트
- 24 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』맥스카지노사이트
- 25 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』맥스카지노
Seville is HOT right now: How I'm coping