My husband and I are taking our first trip together abroad and we are going to London. I know we will see the usual touristy stuff like the London Eye, Tower of London, Buckingham Castle... However I want to also take advantage of seeing sites outside of the city. My husband loves photography so I think Kew Gardens would be great. I also read that they have concerts in the summer at Kew Gardens and thought that would make a nice day trip. The one thing I know I want to see is Stonhenge while we are there. Is that a feasible option for a day trip? Should we rent a car or take a train (an even better quesion would be IS there a train that goes there)? We would like to have spent a day or two in Edinburgh, but we are not sure that would be possible in our limited time frame. I would love any advice you could give. We know we have a small amount of time to visit, but it is what it is. We are going in summer, which from reading other forum posts is a busy time of year there. Thank you in advance!
Seven days in London--I need help planning!
- 1 Bavaria and Alpine Itinerary
- 2 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 3 How Long For Santorini?
- 4 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 5 Istanbul - Topkapi book recommendation?
- 6 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 7 Germany with 6 month old.
- 8 France by rail or car?
- 9 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 10 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 11 Driving Napflio/Mystras and Mystras/Olympia AND Private Guides
- 12 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 13 Airport shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 14 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 15 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 16 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 17 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 18 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 19 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 20 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 21 Hotels in Sorrento
- 22 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 23 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 24 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 25 Which tour company would be best?