We are planning a trip to several Western European countries and hoping to take the train. The days of me and a backpack are gone because now I have 3 kids. In the US we have found the Red Cap Amtrak Service so helpful- having someone else take care of your luggage while you wrangle 3 children on board is awesome. Does this exist in most European train stations? If so, is it just a basic porter service or is it called something else?
Service comparable to Red Cap Amtrak service on European trains?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 2 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 3 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 4 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 5 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 6 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 7 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 8 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 9 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 10 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 11 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 12 American Express
- 13 Airport ATMs
- 14 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 15 Three ferries to Mull
- 16 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 17 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 18 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 19 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 20 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 21 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 22 All Set To Go!!
- 23 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 24 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 25 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking