So I'm a huge soccer fan and was hoping to be able to catch a Serie A match while I'm in Italy on the following timeline:
Aug. 24-25: Milan
Aug. 26-28: Venice
Aug. 29-Sept. 1: Florence
Sept. 2-5: Rome
I won't be in country yet for the opening weekend on August 23. But we will be in Florence for the second round of matches, on Sunday, August 30. Unfortunately, both Fiore and Empoli are on the road. But there is an amazing matchup between Juventus and Roma at 7:45pm at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome. I would love to go.
My question is: with current August 30 plans to just tour the Duomo in Florence and see Santa Croce and some other churches/walk around and get lost, is it feasible to grab a train down to Rome and catch this match? What time should I schedule my outbound and return trains? Also, keep in mind that I do have to return to Florence after the match for a pre-booked tour in Chianti the next morning, so I'd need a late night/early morning train from Rome to Florence following the match.
I know it sounds insane and draining, but this would be a highlight of the trip for me. Any suggestions welcome, and thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shorts in South of France?
- 2 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 3 Comments on Apt Location in Madrid
- 4 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 5 Camogli and surrounds
- 6 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 7 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 8 Are DSLR cameras allowed for Papal Audience
- 9 Route des Vins
- 10 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Les Invalides Night Show
- 13 base for Andalucia
- 14 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 15 Taxi or Aeroexpress from Domodedovo Airport to center of Moscow?
- 16 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 17 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 20 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 21 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 22 limousine services - milan - rome
- 23 Regarding Residence Permit
- 24 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 25 Homesaty
Serie A - Juventus at Roma - take the train down from Florence?