So I'm a huge soccer fan and was hoping to be able to catch a Serie A match while I'm in Italy on the following timeline:
Aug. 24-25: Milan
Aug. 26-28: Venice
Aug. 29-Sept. 1: Florence
Sept. 2-5: Rome
I won't be in country yet for the opening weekend on August 23. But we will be in Florence for the second round of matches, on Sunday, August 30. Unfortunately, both Fiore and Empoli are on the road. But there is an amazing matchup between Juventus and Roma at 7:45pm at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome. I would love to go.
My question is: with current August 30 plans to just tour the Duomo in Florence and see Santa Croce and some other churches/walk around and get lost, is it feasible to grab a train down to Rome and catch this match? What time should I schedule my outbound and return trains? Also, keep in mind that I do have to return to Florence after the match for a pre-booked tour in Chianti the next morning, so I'd need a late night/early morning train from Rome to Florence following the match.
I know it sounds insane and draining, but this would be a highlight of the trip for me. Any suggestions welcome, and thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 4 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 5 getting to CDG
- 6 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 7 A Month stay in Southern France
- 8 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 9 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 10 Revised itinerary for italy
- 11 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 12 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 13 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 14 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 15 Hotel in Vienna
- 16 Places of interest
- 17 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 18 Switzerland in November?
- 19 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 20 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 21 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 22 vienna
- 23 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 24 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 25 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
Serie A - Juventus at Roma - take the train down from Florence?