So I'm a huge soccer fan and was hoping to be able to catch a Serie A match while I'm in Italy on the following timeline:
Aug. 24-25: Milan
Aug. 26-28: Venice
Aug. 29-Sept. 1: Florence
Sept. 2-5: Rome
I won't be in country yet for the opening weekend on August 23. But we will be in Florence for the second round of matches, on Sunday, August 30. Unfortunately, both Fiore and Empoli are on the road. But there is an amazing matchup between Juventus and Roma at 7:45pm at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome. I would love to go.
My question is: with current August 30 plans to just tour the Duomo in Florence and see Santa Croce and some other churches/walk around and get lost, is it feasible to grab a train down to Rome and catch this match? What time should I schedule my outbound and return trains? Also, keep in mind that I do have to return to Florence after the match for a pre-booked tour in Chianti the next morning, so I'd need a late night/early morning train from Rome to Florence following the match.
I know it sounds insane and draining, but this would be a highlight of the trip for me. Any suggestions welcome, and thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renting a car in Greece
- 2 renting a car in greece
- 3 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 4 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 5 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 6 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 9 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 10 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 11 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 12 retruning to US with souveniers
- 13 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 14 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 15 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 16 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 17 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 18 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 19 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 20 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 Help on ancient history route
- 23 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 24 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 25 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
Serie A - Juventus at Roma - take the train down from Florence?