I have recently traveled extensively throughout Central and Eastern Europe. Two countries I did not visit, however, are Serbia and Ukraine. The reason why I have not visited these two countries is because I hear such contrasting perspectives. From some, I hear that Belgrade, Novi Sad, Kiev and Lviv are amazing sightseeing/architecture destinations. From others, I hear that these places are rather gray and grim.
I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I would nevertheless like to read your thoughts on any or all of these 4 cities I listed above, especially Belgrade and Kiev.
Regarding Serbia, most people I ask tell me that Belgrade has great nightlife, well-dressed people and beautiful females. I do not doubt any of that. However, do you think the city of Belgrade is very pleasant from a sightseeing and architectural perspective? I have the same question regarding Novi Sad.
Regarding Ukraine, I have heard nothing at all about Lviv. So, I ask, "Do you think the city of Lviv is very pleasant from a sightseeing and architectural perspective?" As you would expect, I have the same question regarding Kiev. Some people I ask tell me that Kiev is a calm European city. Others tell me that Kiev is Soviet-looking and has lost (or has not preserved) most of its histotical buildings and monuments. What do you think?
Long story short, I am currently visiting my family in Athens and I am contemplating a visit to the countries mentioned above. I do not feel like I HAVE to visit these places, but if they are really incredible from a sightseeing and architectural perspective, then I would not mind making a trip. So, I welcome your input.
If you prefer writing to me via this discussion threat, then that's fine. However, I kindly ask that you also email me your response: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your time. Also, please do not forget to tell me how recently you visited these cities!
Serbia and Ukraine
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 2 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 3 London hotel
- 4 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 5 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 6 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 7 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 8 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 9 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 10 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 11 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 12 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 13 Day trip from London to Paris
- 14 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 15 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 16 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 17 Prague - Tram #22
- 18 hotels in Seville
- 19 Train: Bordeaux to San Sebastian
- 20 Three days in Spain
- 21 Location of hotel in Rome
- 22 Croatia - Hvar or Korcula or both?
- 23 Need advice for this
- 24 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 25 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary