I have recently traveled extensively throughout Central and Eastern Europe. Two countries I did not visit, however, are Serbia and Ukraine. The reason why I have not visited these two countries is because I hear such contrasting perspectives. From some, I hear that Belgrade, Novi Sad, Kiev and Lviv are amazing sightseeing/architecture destinations. From others, I hear that these places are rather gray and grim.
I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I would nevertheless like to read your thoughts on any or all of these 4 cities I listed above, especially Belgrade and Kiev.
Regarding Serbia, most people I ask tell me that Belgrade has great nightlife, well-dressed people and beautiful females. I do not doubt any of that. However, do you think the city of Belgrade is very pleasant from a sightseeing and architectural perspective? I have the same question regarding Novi Sad.
Regarding Ukraine, I have heard nothing at all about Lviv. So, I ask, "Do you think the city of Lviv is very pleasant from a sightseeing and architectural perspective?" As you would expect, I have the same question regarding Kiev. Some people I ask tell me that Kiev is a calm European city. Others tell me that Kiev is Soviet-looking and has lost (or has not preserved) most of its histotical buildings and monuments. What do you think?
Long story short, I am currently visiting my family in Athens and I am contemplating a visit to the countries mentioned above. I do not feel like I HAVE to visit these places, but if they are really incredible from a sightseeing and architectural perspective, then I would not mind making a trip. So, I welcome your input.
If you prefer writing to me via this discussion threat, then that's fine. However, I kindly ask that you also email me your response: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your time. Also, please do not forget to tell me how recently you visited these cities!
Serbia and Ukraine
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Italy to France
- 2 Why don't the French want to work?
- 3 7 Nights in Paris
- 4 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 5 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 6 Edinburgh - Mercat Tours -
- 7 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 8 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 9 Daily Bus Tours in Croatia, Slovenia and nearby countries
- 10 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 11 Late night/early morning transport from Barcelona Airport to city center
- 12 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 13 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 14 Little-kid friendly place an hour or so by train from Frankfurt airport
- 15 Italy, England, OR France in 2015: Tour Operators - Or go it alone?
- 16 Skip the Line: Small-Group Eiffel Tower Sunset Tour
- 17 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 18 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 19 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 20 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 21 Matisse at Tate
- 22 2 weeks in Europe
- 23 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 24 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 25 Another request for itinerary help-June-arrive Lisbon; depart Barcelona-14 days