I have recently traveled extensively throughout Central and Eastern Europe. Two countries I did not visit, however, are Serbia and Ukraine. The reason why I have not visited these two countries is because I hear such contrasting perspectives. From some, I hear that Belgrade, Novi Sad, Kiev and Lviv are amazing sightseeing/architecture destinations. From others, I hear that these places are rather gray and grim.
I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I would nevertheless like to read your thoughts on any or all of these 4 cities I listed above, especially Belgrade and Kiev.
Regarding Serbia, most people I ask tell me that Belgrade has great nightlife, well-dressed people and beautiful females. I do not doubt any of that. However, do you think the city of Belgrade is very pleasant from a sightseeing and architectural perspective? I have the same question regarding Novi Sad.
Regarding Ukraine, I have heard nothing at all about Lviv. So, I ask, "Do you think the city of Lviv is very pleasant from a sightseeing and architectural perspective?" As you would expect, I have the same question regarding Kiev. Some people I ask tell me that Kiev is a calm European city. Others tell me that Kiev is Soviet-looking and has lost (or has not preserved) most of its histotical buildings and monuments. What do you think?
Long story short, I am currently visiting my family in Athens and I am contemplating a visit to the countries mentioned above. I do not feel like I HAVE to visit these places, but if they are really incredible from a sightseeing and architectural perspective, then I would not mind making a trip. So, I welcome your input.
If you prefer writing to me via this discussion threat, then that's fine. However, I kindly ask that you also email me your response: email@example.com
Thank you for your time. Also, please do not forget to tell me how recently you visited these cities!
Serbia and Ukraine
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Monet in Normandy
- 2 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 3 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 4 London visit
- 5 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 6 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 7 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 8 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 9 Three days in Spain
- 10 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 11 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 12 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 13 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 14 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 15 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 16 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 17 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 18 21 Days in Central Europe
- 19 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 20 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 21 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 22 best time to book accommodation
- 23 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 24 Oktoberfest reservations
- 25 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?