I have recently traveled extensively throughout Central and Eastern Europe. Two countries I did not visit, however, are Serbia and Ukraine. The reason why I have not visited these two countries is because I hear such contrasting perspectives. From some, I hear that Belgrade, Novi Sad, Kiev and Lviv are amazing sightseeing/architecture destinations. From others, I hear that these places are rather gray and grim.
I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I would nevertheless like to read your thoughts on any or all of these 4 cities I listed above, especially Belgrade and Kiev.
Regarding Serbia, most people I ask tell me that Belgrade has great nightlife, well-dressed people and beautiful females. I do not doubt any of that. However, do you think the city of Belgrade is very pleasant from a sightseeing and architectural perspective? I have the same question regarding Novi Sad.
Regarding Ukraine, I have heard nothing at all about Lviv. So, I ask, "Do you think the city of Lviv is very pleasant from a sightseeing and architectural perspective?" As you would expect, I have the same question regarding Kiev. Some people I ask tell me that Kiev is a calm European city. Others tell me that Kiev is Soviet-looking and has lost (or has not preserved) most of its histotical buildings and monuments. What do you think?
Long story short, I am currently visiting my family in Athens and I am contemplating a visit to the countries mentioned above. I do not feel like I HAVE to visit these places, but if they are really incredible from a sightseeing and architectural perspective, then I would not mind making a trip. So, I welcome your input.
If you prefer writing to me via this discussion threat, then that's fine. However, I kindly ask that you also email me your response: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your time. Also, please do not forget to tell me how recently you visited these cities!
Serbia and Ukraine
- 1 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 2 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 3 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 7 Novels set in Greece
- 8 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 9 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 10 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 11 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 12 Planning a holiday
- 13 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 14 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 17 15 days in Europe,
- 18 Medieval Tallinn
- 19 Euro Train
- 20 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 21 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 22 Need help planning a trip for 2 18 year old girls
- 23 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 24 Milan to Venice on Trenitalia for as little as 9 Euros
- 25 Spain - Andalucia