I have recently traveled extensively throughout Central and Eastern Europe. Two countries I did not visit, however, are Serbia and Ukraine. The reason why I have not visited these two countries is because I hear such contrasting perspectives. From some, I hear that Belgrade, Novi Sad, Kiev and Lviv are amazing sightseeing/architecture destinations. From others, I hear that these places are rather gray and grim.
I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I would nevertheless like to read your thoughts on any or all of these 4 cities I listed above, especially Belgrade and Kiev.
Regarding Serbia, most people I ask tell me that Belgrade has great nightlife, well-dressed people and beautiful females. I do not doubt any of that. However, do you think the city of Belgrade is very pleasant from a sightseeing and architectural perspective? I have the same question regarding Novi Sad.
Regarding Ukraine, I have heard nothing at all about Lviv. So, I ask, "Do you think the city of Lviv is very pleasant from a sightseeing and architectural perspective?" As you would expect, I have the same question regarding Kiev. Some people I ask tell me that Kiev is a calm European city. Others tell me that Kiev is Soviet-looking and has lost (or has not preserved) most of its histotical buildings and monuments. What do you think?
Long story short, I am currently visiting my family in Athens and I am contemplating a visit to the countries mentioned above. I do not feel like I HAVE to visit these places, but if they are really incredible from a sightseeing and architectural perspective, then I would not mind making a trip. So, I welcome your input.
If you prefer writing to me via this discussion threat, then that's fine. However, I kindly ask that you also email me your response: email@example.com
Thank you for your time. Also, please do not forget to tell me how recently you visited these cities!
Serbia and Ukraine
- 1 Hiking in Germany/Innsbruck/Salzburg and where else?
- 2 Berlin Hotels
- 3 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 4 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 5 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 6 ferry to Harwich
- 7 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 8 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 9 What is the best food in France?
- 10 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 11 York Food and Drink Festival
- 12 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 13 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 14 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 15 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 16 Hilton's in Vienna and Budapest
- 17 Edinburgh Restaurants
- 18 Paris Budget Hotel-Sept 2013 (Single; 100 Euros/night)
- 19 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 20 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 21 Istanbul Hotels
- 22 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 23 Driving in Genoa
- 24 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 25 Barcelona Habitat Apartments Eixemple Questions