I have to book my vacations from work in the next few days... I want to travel to Italy (most likely 2 weeks of Rome/Florence/Venice). I wont be able this april/may so I'm guessing based on what I'm readting the other best time would be september/october.
My question is for September and October 2016, is there a particular period of 2-3 weeks that would be best in terms of combo of weather and crowds? Any particular week I should avoid because of some event that draws crowds, or maybe the contrary something special going on in those months that I should not miss?
Is there a big difference in crowds and weather for example between early september vs early october? I'm not ready to search for plane tickets yet but I just want to know which 2 week window would be best "usually"... Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 4 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 5 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 6 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 7 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 8 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 9 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 10 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 11 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 12 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 13 Shall we Gdansk?
- 14 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 15 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 16 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 17 Jewish Vienna
- 18 Short time in Vienna
- 19 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 20 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 21 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 22 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 23 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 24 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 25 Switzerland part of 3-week trip