My fiance and I have decided on exploring Spain for our Honeymoon this upcoming September. We fly out on August 28th and plan to return on September 10th, giving us roughly 13 total days. We are the type of people that don't like to cram too much in, thus I *think* my plan is to stick to the Eastern half of Spain and go from North (as in Barcelona) to South. I would love to get to San Sebastian, Western Spain & of course Portugal as well, but too much to ask for only 13 days. We haven't purchased flights, but for "maximizing my rewards miles" purposes, we will likely be flying in and out of Madrid. My original thought would be to spend 2 days in Madrid, then head to Barcelona, and then head South from there. Does anyone have must-see cities or recommendations along the way? Is it worth spending those 2 days in Madrid on the front-end? Should we be sure to spend our final days in Sevilla for the Flamenco Festival?
A bit about us-we absolutely love to travel. Our last two bigger trips have been to China and Morocco, so we'd like to head back to Europe for a bit "easier" travel coupled with amazing food and experiences! We enjoy seeing a variety of landscapes / doing a variety of different things on vacation. When we were in France in 2012, we spent time in Paris, Annecy, and Cannes--this was amazing as it allowed us to do history / everything incredible in Paris, the mountain/lake life in Annecy, and the beach life in Cannes. This is ideal for us as we were able to see 3 vastly different areas within the country. For Spain, we are hoping to achieve the same thing. We would love to visit a Vineyard in the Spanish Countryside, take an authentic cooking class, hit up a futbol game if schedules align, enjoy the Spanish people and culture in general through great food/drinks/music, and of course, spend some time doing nothing at all on a beautiful beach. I will be doing extensive research for particular hotels, cooking classes etc. BUT, if anyone has recommendations of what cities we should plan to include in our trip, that would be an amazing start!!
Many thanks in advance!! We want to live like the locals for the most part, not tourists, so feel free to let us know anything special for restaurants, bars, etc. THANK YOU!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 바카라속임수＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼바카라사이트》인터넷카지노주소
- 2 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 3 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 4 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 5 Spain in December
- 6 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 9 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 10 K-Day
- 11 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 12 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 13 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 14 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 15 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 16 Cell Phone Question
- 17 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 18 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 19 Greek Islands (small)
- 20 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 21 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 22 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 23 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 24 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 25 Campervan in Croatia