I am looking to book at trip for my 25th wedding anniversary to Italy. I was looking at booking a flight with Lufthansa airlines from Dallas to Frankfurt choosing business class because of the long flight and then booking from Frankfurt to Rome in the economy class. The arrival time to Frankfurt would be 09:10 with a departure time to Rome at 12:30. On the return I was looking at booking from Venice to Frankfurt in the economy class departing at 07:15 arriving in Frankfurt at 08:45 and then departing Frankfurt for Dallas again choosing the business class at 10:20. I know that in booking this way we would have to get our luggage upon arrival at Frankfurt and check in for the flight to Rome and then the same on the return we would have to get our baggage and check in for the departure to Dallas. Do you think there is enough time in between the flights to book it like this and by booking this way would we have to get a visa for Germany? I have flown international before with connecting flights in Frankfurt and Munich and no visa was required but the flights were not booked seperately either.
Seperate Flights from US to Frankfurt then to Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London 2nd time around
- 2 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 3 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 4 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 5 Honeymoon in Sicily
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 8 London, Liverpool, Scotland Itinerary
- 9 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 10 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 11 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 12 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 13 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 14 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 15 2 weeks in Europe
- 16 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 17 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 18 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 19 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 20 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 21 active activities in Marmaris, Myrina (Lemnos), and Patmos?
- 22 Madrid and London
- 23 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 24 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 25 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?