I am looking to book at trip for my 25th wedding anniversary to Italy. I was looking at booking a flight with Lufthansa airlines from Dallas to Frankfurt choosing business class because of the long flight and then booking from Frankfurt to Rome in the economy class. The arrival time to Frankfurt would be 09:10 with a departure time to Rome at 12:30. On the return I was looking at booking from Venice to Frankfurt in the economy class departing at 07:15 arriving in Frankfurt at 08:45 and then departing Frankfurt for Dallas again choosing the business class at 10:20. I know that in booking this way we would have to get our luggage upon arrival at Frankfurt and check in for the flight to Rome and then the same on the return we would have to get our baggage and check in for the departure to Dallas. Do you think there is enough time in between the flights to book it like this and by booking this way would we have to get a visa for Germany? I have flown international before with connecting flights in Frankfurt and Munich and no visa was required but the flights were not booked seperately either.
Seperate Flights from US to Frankfurt then to Rome
View all Europe activity »
- 1 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 2 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 3 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 4 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 5 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 6 Dresden Train Station
- 7 Rome Accommodation
- 8 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 9 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 10 Chambermaid tipping
- 11 To Paris and Provence in June
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 14 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 15 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 16 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 17 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 18 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 19 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 20 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 21 Greek islands from Turkey
- 22 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 23 rent car / Munich
- 24 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 25 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins