I am looking to book at trip for my 25th wedding anniversary to Italy. I was looking at booking a flight with Lufthansa airlines from Dallas to Frankfurt choosing business class because of the long flight and then booking from Frankfurt to Rome in the economy class. The arrival time to Frankfurt would be 09:10 with a departure time to Rome at 12:30. On the return I was looking at booking from Venice to Frankfurt in the economy class departing at 07:15 arriving in Frankfurt at 08:45 and then departing Frankfurt for Dallas again choosing the business class at 10:20. I know that in booking this way we would have to get our luggage upon arrival at Frankfurt and check in for the flight to Rome and then the same on the return we would have to get our baggage and check in for the departure to Dallas. Do you think there is enough time in between the flights to book it like this and by booking this way would we have to get a visa for Germany? I have flown international before with connecting flights in Frankfurt and Munich and no visa was required but the flights were not booked seperately either.
Seperate Flights from US to Frankfurt then to Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 2 Food options near Tower (& Leadenhall Mkt?)
- 3 northern Portugal
- 4 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 5 Switzerland Trip with Family
- 6 London - Off-the-Path Gems
- 7 Help me with this trip
- 8 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 9 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 10 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 11 "Chip" Credit Cards in Italy
- 12 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 13 4 weeks by rail starting Rome
- 14 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 15 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 16 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 17 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 18 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 19 Germany and Switzerland
- 20 Advice required on my Switzerland Itinerary
- 21 Spending time in Berner Oblerand - Take a side trip to Saas Fee?
- 22 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 23 Great restaurants in Italy
- 24 Ireland itinerary and accommodations advice?
- 25 Zurich and other cities to visit?