I am looking to book at trip for my 25th wedding anniversary to Italy. I was looking at booking a flight with Lufthansa airlines from Dallas to Frankfurt choosing business class because of the long flight and then booking from Frankfurt to Rome in the economy class. The arrival time to Frankfurt would be 09:10 with a departure time to Rome at 12:30. On the return I was looking at booking from Venice to Frankfurt in the economy class departing at 07:15 arriving in Frankfurt at 08:45 and then departing Frankfurt for Dallas again choosing the business class at 10:20. I know that in booking this way we would have to get our luggage upon arrival at Frankfurt and check in for the flight to Rome and then the same on the return we would have to get our baggage and check in for the departure to Dallas. Do you think there is enough time in between the flights to book it like this and by booking this way would we have to get a visa for Germany? I have flown international before with connecting flights in Frankfurt and Munich and no visa was required but the flights were not booked seperately either.
Seperate Flights from US to Frankfurt then to Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Antwerp or Bruges?
- 2 any luggage storage/lockers at Gare du Nord?
- 3 Some questions about Paris. For example, Chez Michou?
- 4 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 5 Help with itinerary for Italy for 12 days
- 6 Pays Basque, attention SPAIN afficianados:
- 7 UK Road Sept 2013
- 8 Question about justairports
- 9 London Trip Report - Textiles & Chocolate
- 10 Need help in planning 4 days in Tuscany post -cruise
- 11 Preparing to drive on the Greek mainland
- 12 Can't print train tickets
- 13 Rome - Tours
- 14 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 15 Pix from Northern Ireland & Donegal
- 16 Italian Riviera Planning
- 17 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 18 Restaurants in Lake Maggiore/Stresa
- 19 italian law regarding air conditioning in September?
- 20 Amsterdam to Paris by boat
- 21 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 22 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 23 London-Jubilee Walkway
- 24 Where to study abroad in Scandinavia?
- 25 Dulwich Picture Gallery