I am looking to book at trip for my 25th wedding anniversary to Italy. I was looking at booking a flight with Lufthansa airlines from Dallas to Frankfurt choosing business class because of the long flight and then booking from Frankfurt to Rome in the economy class. The arrival time to Frankfurt would be 09:10 with a departure time to Rome at 12:30. On the return I was looking at booking from Venice to Frankfurt in the economy class departing at 07:15 arriving in Frankfurt at 08:45 and then departing Frankfurt for Dallas again choosing the business class at 10:20. I know that in booking this way we would have to get our luggage upon arrival at Frankfurt and check in for the flight to Rome and then the same on the return we would have to get our baggage and check in for the departure to Dallas. Do you think there is enough time in between the flights to book it like this and by booking this way would we have to get a visa for Germany? I have flown international before with connecting flights in Frankfurt and Munich and no visa was required but the flights were not booked seperately either.
Seperate Flights from US to Frankfurt then to Rome
- 1 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 2 Positano: hotel recommendations needed!
- 3 General questions about Sicily
- 4 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 5 Confirm these things before you book yourself at B&B accommodation.
- 6 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
- 7 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 8 Zee Best
- 9 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 10 Chatham Dockyards Need a Whole Day?
- 11 Yorkshire Dales and Moors home base? (and other questions)
- 12 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 13 Best Base on the Rhine for Day Trips
- 14 Christmas Markets - Frankfurt or Copenhagen
- 15 What to Give to Host Family
- 16 Rome apartment
- 17 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 18 Renting Road Bikes near Beaune
- 19 Rome stay - Flaminio P. del Popolo or P. del Colosseo?
- 20 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 21 Paros or Naxos?
- 22 Serbia itinerary and ideas for activities
- 23 Turin/Torino and surrounding area
- 24 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 25 Hotels in London