I am looking to book at trip for my 25th wedding anniversary to Italy. I was looking at booking a flight with Lufthansa airlines from Dallas to Frankfurt choosing business class because of the long flight and then booking from Frankfurt to Rome in the economy class. The arrival time to Frankfurt would be 09:10 with a departure time to Rome at 12:30. On the return I was looking at booking from Venice to Frankfurt in the economy class departing at 07:15 arriving in Frankfurt at 08:45 and then departing Frankfurt for Dallas again choosing the business class at 10:20. I know that in booking this way we would have to get our luggage upon arrival at Frankfurt and check in for the flight to Rome and then the same on the return we would have to get our baggage and check in for the departure to Dallas. Do you think there is enough time in between the flights to book it like this and by booking this way would we have to get a visa for Germany? I have flown international before with connecting flights in Frankfurt and Munich and no visa was required but the flights were not booked seperately either.
Seperate Flights from US to Frankfurt then to Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 guided tours at Prado and Granada
- 2 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 3 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 4 First Trip to Europe
- 5 Globus Tours
- 6 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 7 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 8 London hotel tax is 20%
- 9 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 10 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 11 ITALY
- 12 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 13 Help for San Sebastian
- 14 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 15 Royal Opera House question?
- 16 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 17 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 18 3 days in Rome
- 19 Please help with itinerary...
- 20 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 21 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 22 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 23 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 24 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 25 Piedmont - Scenic Drive