We are continuing to plan our wonderful European vaca and are fine tuning all details (we hope).
I was wondering the best way to prepare to send small items back home to the children who will not be joining us on the trip? This would be small items and post cards.
1. Does anyone know about how long a small package or postcard will take to reach the U.S.?
2. Should we buy postage from U.S. before we leave or is this even possible? This would be just for the postcards.
3. Will we be required to fill out customs forms?
4. Do you have any other tips for sending mail from Europe to U.S.? i.e., what days are post offices closed? What have been your expiriences in mailing items back to the U.S.?
Thank you again-in advance!! You all are so wonderful!
Sending Mail to U.S. from Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 2 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 3 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 4 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 5 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 6 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 7 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 8 itinerary help
- 9 9 days in turkey
- 10 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 11 Germany-berlin marathon
- 12 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 13 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 14 Nice Video about Poland
- 15 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 16 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 17 Reims for a day
- 18 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 19 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 20 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 21 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 22 Toulouse and beyond -
- 23 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 24 What country would you pair with Turkey? Greece?
- 25 St Pancras to Holburn tube station