We are continuing to plan our wonderful European vaca and are fine tuning all details (we hope).
I was wondering the best way to prepare to send small items back home to the children who will not be joining us on the trip? This would be small items and post cards.
1. Does anyone know about how long a small package or postcard will take to reach the U.S.?
2. Should we buy postage from U.S. before we leave or is this even possible? This would be just for the postcards.
3. Will we be required to fill out customs forms?
4. Do you have any other tips for sending mail from Europe to U.S.? i.e., what days are post offices closed? What have been your expiriences in mailing items back to the U.S.?
Thank you again-in advance!! You all are so wonderful!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 getting to CDG
- 2 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 3 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 4 Cambrils
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 7 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 8 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 9 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 10 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 11 Amalfi Coast help
- 12 CDG airport and connection time
- 13 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 14 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 15 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 16 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 17 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 18 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 19 Trains in Alps and UK
- 20 Switzerland
- 21 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 22 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 23 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 24 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 25 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary