We are continuing to plan our wonderful European vaca and are fine tuning all details (we hope).
I was wondering the best way to prepare to send small items back home to the children who will not be joining us on the trip? This would be small items and post cards.
1. Does anyone know about how long a small package or postcard will take to reach the U.S.?
2. Should we buy postage from U.S. before we leave or is this even possible? This would be just for the postcards.
3. Will we be required to fill out customs forms?
4. Do you have any other tips for sending mail from Europe to U.S.? i.e., what days are post offices closed? What have been your expiriences in mailing items back to the U.S.?
Thank you again-in advance!! You all are so wonderful!
Sending Mail to U.S. from Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Schengen rule made easy
- 2 Is using a backpack in Europe safe?
- 3 Italy Spending Budget
- 4 Nice to the luberons
- 5 London hotel tax is 20%
- 6 York (UK) railway station to Herz depot on foot
- 7 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 8 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 9 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 10 Barcelona hotel: convenient but not hustle bustle city location & Madrid??
- 11 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 12 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 13 Sorrento Advice Please
- 14 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 15 Britain Has Over 600 Red Lion Pubs...What is a Red Lion?
- 16 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 17 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 18 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 19 Kassel Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe visiting logistics
- 20 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 21 Expat area's in France
- 22 Cruising on Cunard in Your Twenties?
- 23 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 24 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 25 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.