We are continuing to plan our wonderful European vaca and are fine tuning all details (we hope).
I was wondering the best way to prepare to send small items back home to the children who will not be joining us on the trip? This would be small items and post cards.
1. Does anyone know about how long a small package or postcard will take to reach the U.S.?
2. Should we buy postage from U.S. before we leave or is this even possible? This would be just for the postcards.
3. Will we be required to fill out customs forms?
4. Do you have any other tips for sending mail from Europe to U.S.? i.e., what days are post offices closed? What have been your expiriences in mailing items back to the U.S.?
Thank you again-in advance!! You all are so wonderful!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi and Rome
- 2 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 3 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 4 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 5 Taxis G7: need help in creating account
- 6 Paris hotels
- 7 Paris to Morocco
- 8 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 9 Netflix and Hulu
- 10 Balloch to the Isle of Skye
- 11 traveling to stockholm with four kids (11)
- 12 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 13 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 14 Alhambra
- 15 Boat ride from Naples to Capri
- 16 Sardegna in Sept/Oct - please help!
- 17 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 18 Visit to the Hoegaarde Brewery in June?
- 19 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 20 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 21 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 22 What do pack for Ireland?
- 23 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 24 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 25 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities