We are continuing to plan our wonderful European vaca and are fine tuning all details (we hope).
I was wondering the best way to prepare to send small items back home to the children who will not be joining us on the trip? This would be small items and post cards.
1. Does anyone know about how long a small package or postcard will take to reach the U.S.?
2. Should we buy postage from U.S. before we leave or is this even possible? This would be just for the postcards.
3. Will we be required to fill out customs forms?
4. Do you have any other tips for sending mail from Europe to U.S.? i.e., what days are post offices closed? What have been your expiriences in mailing items back to the U.S.?
Thank you again-in advance!! You all are so wonderful!
Sending Mail to U.S. from Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 2 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 3 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 4 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 5 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 6 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 7 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 8 Greece-carhire-ferries.
- 9 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 10 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 11 A Superb 8 Days in Dresden
- 12 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 13 Southern Ireland Help
- 14 Bologna tips
- 15 London and Where Else in late December?
- 16 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 17 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 18 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 19 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 20 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 21 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 22 London - Site List Triage -
- 23 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 24 Debit card with 6 digit pin
- 25 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich