We are continuing to plan our wonderful European vaca and are fine tuning all details (we hope).
I was wondering the best way to prepare to send small items back home to the children who will not be joining us on the trip? This would be small items and post cards.
1. Does anyone know about how long a small package or postcard will take to reach the U.S.?
2. Should we buy postage from U.S. before we leave or is this even possible? This would be just for the postcards.
3. Will we be required to fill out customs forms?
4. Do you have any other tips for sending mail from Europe to U.S.? i.e., what days are post offices closed? What have been your expiriences in mailing items back to the U.S.?
Thank you again-in advance!! You all are so wonderful!
Sending Mail to U.S. from Europe
- 1 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 2 To Paris and Provence in June
- 3 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 4 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 Which travel plan?
- 7 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 8 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 9 Madrid to Sevilla
- 10 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 11 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 12 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 13 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 14 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 15 London at Easter
- 16 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 17 Prague - must see
- 18 Travel by train or bus
- 19 Car in Prague
- 20 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 21 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 24 Family European winter holiday
- 25 Planning a holiday