I am planning a two-week self-guided tour through the wine regions of Burgundy and the Rhone Valley in the beginning of August. I have been to Paris, Avignon and Provence before and have done all the typically "tourist" activities, so this trip is really all about food and wine. I have a decent knowledge base of French wine, but speak minimal French. I would really appreciate any recommendations on individual producers to visit (and if an appointment is required), restaurants with great wine lists, wine bars, and anything else you'd wish to relate! Below I am listing my itinerary:
3 nights in Paris
2 nights in Beaune
1 night Lyon
2 nights Chateauneuf du Pape
1 night Aix en Provence
I have already gathered a lot of info. from books, online and through this forum. Things I have already planned are:
Olivier's Table (Puligny Montrachet), Marche Aux Vins (Beaune), Chateau du Clos du Vougeot, and Chateau de Beaucastel (Chateauneuf du Pape).
I definitely want to visit more individual producers, so if anyone has information on anywhere specific, please help! I am particularly interested in recommendations for Chablis, Cote de Nuits, Cote de Beaune, Macon, Beaujolais, Condrieu, Tain L'Hermitage, Vacqueyras and Gigondas.
Thank you very much for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?
- 2 Best way to visit St.Petersburg....Russia
- 3 So much to do, so little time!
- 4 Tour of Northern Italy
- 5 Scotland Trip
- 6 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 7 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 8 Germany in December Trip Report
- 9 Planning a European Trip
- 10 Lisbon trip report
- 11 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 12 Naples, Italy
- 13 San Sebastian
- 14 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 15 Driving in Italy?
- 16 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 17 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 18 French restaurants
- 19 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 20 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 21 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 22 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 23 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 24 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 25 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon