I am planning a two-week self-guided tour through the wine regions of Burgundy and the Rhone Valley in the beginning of August. I have been to Paris, Avignon and Provence before and have done all the typically "tourist" activities, so this trip is really all about food and wine. I have a decent knowledge base of French wine, but speak minimal French. I would really appreciate any recommendations on individual producers to visit (and if an appointment is required), restaurants with great wine lists, wine bars, and anything else you'd wish to relate! Below I am listing my itinerary:
3 nights in Paris
2 nights in Beaune
1 night Lyon
2 nights Chateauneuf du Pape
1 night Aix en Provence
I have already gathered a lot of info. from books, online and through this forum. Things I have already planned are:
Olivier's Table (Puligny Montrachet), Marche Aux Vins (Beaune), Chateau du Clos du Vougeot, and Chateau de Beaucastel (Chateauneuf du Pape).
I definitely want to visit more individual producers, so if anyone has information on anywhere specific, please help! I am particularly interested in recommendations for Chablis, Cote de Nuits, Cote de Beaune, Macon, Beaujolais, Condrieu, Tain L'Hermitage, Vacqueyras and Gigondas.
Thank you very much for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Firt time VISA applicant
- 2 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 3 Need Information about French Alps
- 4 Murren to Prague
- 5 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 6 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 7 France Itinerary Advice
- 8 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 9 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 10 Le Marche Research Help
- 11 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 12 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 Public Transportation in England
- 15 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 16 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 17 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 18 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 19 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 20 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 21 DECORATED FARMHOUSES OF HÄLSINGLAND IN SWEDEN
- 22 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 23 Sintra
- 24 Venice Bell Tower
- 25 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up