I am planning a two-week self-guided tour through the wine regions of Burgundy and the Rhone Valley in the beginning of August. I have been to Paris, Avignon and Provence before and have done all the typically "tourist" activities, so this trip is really all about food and wine. I have a decent knowledge base of French wine, but speak minimal French. I would really appreciate any recommendations on individual producers to visit (and if an appointment is required), restaurants with great wine lists, wine bars, and anything else you'd wish to relate! Below I am listing my itinerary:
3 nights in Paris
2 nights in Beaune
1 night Lyon
2 nights Chateauneuf du Pape
1 night Aix en Provence
I have already gathered a lot of info. from books, online and through this forum. Things I have already planned are:
Olivier's Table (Puligny Montrachet), Marche Aux Vins (Beaune), Chateau du Clos du Vougeot, and Chateau de Beaucastel (Chateauneuf du Pape).
I definitely want to visit more individual producers, so if anyone has information on anywhere specific, please help! I am particularly interested in recommendations for Chablis, Cote de Nuits, Cote de Beaune, Macon, Beaujolais, Condrieu, Tain L'Hermitage, Vacqueyras and Gigondas.
Thank you very much for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 릴게임 손오공 신천지 ※연결 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 3 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 4 DVD burning software
- 5 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 6 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 7 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 8 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 9 Train travel
- 10 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 11 WWI Battlefields
- 12 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 13 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 14 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 15 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 16 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 17 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 18 Iceland 3 day layover
- 19 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 20 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 21 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 22 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 23 Milos beach stay
- 24 Paris to Bordeaux
- 25 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!