I am planning a two-week self-guided tour through the wine regions of Burgundy and the Rhone Valley in the beginning of August. I have been to Paris, Avignon and Provence before and have done all the typically "tourist" activities, so this trip is really all about food and wine. I have a decent knowledge base of French wine, but speak minimal French. I would really appreciate any recommendations on individual producers to visit (and if an appointment is required), restaurants with great wine lists, wine bars, and anything else you'd wish to relate! Below I am listing my itinerary:
3 nights in Paris
2 nights in Beaune
1 night Lyon
2 nights Chateauneuf du Pape
1 night Aix en Provence
I have already gathered a lot of info. from books, online and through this forum. Things I have already planned are:
Olivier's Table (Puligny Montrachet), Marche Aux Vins (Beaune), Chateau du Clos du Vougeot, and Chateau de Beaucastel (Chateauneuf du Pape).
I definitely want to visit more individual producers, so if anyone has information on anywhere specific, please help! I am particularly interested in recommendations for Chablis, Cote de Nuits, Cote de Beaune, Macon, Beaujolais, Condrieu, Tain L'Hermitage, Vacqueyras and Gigondas.
Thank you very much for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 포야팔카지노■▥■『KIA700.CoM』■▤■온라인카지노ぼ온라인카지노
- 2 온라인바카라게임사이트■▥■『KIA700.CoM』■▤■온카ロ온카
- 3 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 4 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 5 Avoid Europcar!
- 6 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 7 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 8 Scotland - We're Here!
- 9 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 10 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 11 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 12 European Vacation 2017
- 13 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 14 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 15 Need help in completing trip details
- 16 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 17 Which area to stay in London
- 18 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 19 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 20 Madrid food advice needed
- 21 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 22 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 23 Split to Hvar
- 24 Paris for children
- 25 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!