My family and i are planning a trip to Iceland in October 2015. Really appreciate if we could get some advice on self-driving in this beautiful country!
This is our first time embarking on a self-drive trip overseas! Was wondering whether it is recommended to use an apartment in Reyjavik as a base to explore the surrounding countryside? Is it practical to drive back to Reyjavik from our daily destination every evening?
Or is it better for us to book and stay at different places along our drive?
What are the recommended and fairly easy places/sights to drive to?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 Italy travel plan help
- 3 Globus Iberian Tour
- 4 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 5 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 6 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 7 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 8 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 9 Thinking about the Fjords
- 10 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 11 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 12 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 13 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 14 road trip through scotland
- 15 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 16 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 17 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 18 Poland to Austria In December
- 19 Tracking the Weather
- 20 Camping on the Tour of Mont Blanc
- 21 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 22 What are your St. Petersburg, Russia experiences?
- 23 base for Andalucia
- 24 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 25 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days