Hello. We are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 teenagers) and will be in Iceland this June. I am having a difficult time determining if we should do a self-drive tour or have a private guide instead. We are comfortable with GPS and have no problem being on our own. I am just concerned that by seeing so many beautiful things, without the additional insight and commentary of a guide, we might be missing out a bit. Also, I'm thinking the guides really know the best spots to get the best views, and the best ways to avoid crowds (assuming there are any??). Advice will be greatly appreciated!
Self Drive Tour or Private Guide
- 1 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 2 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 3 Seville Cordoba and Grananda
- 4 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 5 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 6 Good Base for Costa Brava Spain
- 7 I Need To Vent!
- 8 Help with itenerary
- 9 portugal
- 10 Train from Civitavecchia port to Rome
- 11 A chacun son goût
- 12 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 13 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 14 Brown Bear sites Slovenia
- 15 train from Krakow, Poland to Venice, Italy
- 16 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 17 Extra leg room on British Airways
- 18 Advice Sought for Train Schedule in Spain
- 19 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 20 Train from Dresden to Nueburg DO in July
- 21 Possible Itinerary in Romania?
- 22 Bulgaria or Romania next fall?
- 23 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 24 To Clifton, RE: Romania
- 25 private tour of Romania - would you recommend Carpathian Travel Center?