Hello. We are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 teenagers) and will be in Iceland this June. I am having a difficult time determining if we should do a self-drive tour or have a private guide instead. We are comfortable with GPS and have no problem being on our own. I am just concerned that by seeing so many beautiful things, without the additional insight and commentary of a guide, we might be missing out a bit. Also, I'm thinking the guides really know the best spots to get the best views, and the best ways to avoid crowds (assuming there are any??). Advice will be greatly appreciated!
Self Drive Tour or Private Guide
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 2 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 3 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 4 Madrid to Sevilla
- 5 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 6 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 7 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 8 Which travel plan?
- 9 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 10 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 11 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 12 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 13 To Paris and Provence in June
- 14 London at Easter
- 15 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 16 Prague - must see
- 17 Travel by train or bus
- 18 Car in Prague
- 19 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 20 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 21 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 22 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 23 Family European winter holiday
- 24 Planning a holiday
- 25 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??