Hello. We are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 teenagers) and will be in Iceland this June. I am having a difficult time determining if we should do a self-drive tour or have a private guide instead. We are comfortable with GPS and have no problem being on our own. I am just concerned that by seeing so many beautiful things, without the additional insight and commentary of a guide, we might be missing out a bit. Also, I'm thinking the guides really know the best spots to get the best views, and the best ways to avoid crowds (assuming there are any??). Advice will be greatly appreciated!
Self Drive Tour or Private Guide
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 2 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 3 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 4 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 5 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 6 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 7 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 8 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 9 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 10 Arc de Triumph Question
- 11 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 12 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 13 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 14 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 15 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 16 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 17 What to wear
- 18 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 19 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 20 Paris November 2014
- 21 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 22 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 23 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 24 Traveling in France by train
- 25 Which lake to visit in Italy