Hello. We are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 teenagers) and will be in Iceland this June. I am having a difficult time determining if we should do a self-drive tour or have a private guide instead. We are comfortable with GPS and have no problem being on our own. I am just concerned that by seeing so many beautiful things, without the additional insight and commentary of a guide, we might be missing out a bit. Also, I'm thinking the guides really know the best spots to get the best views, and the best ways to avoid crowds (assuming there are any??). Advice will be greatly appreciated!
Self Drive Tour or Private Guide
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 2 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 3 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 4 Italy through locals eyes
- 5 Lagos or Portimao better base to stay
- 6 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 7 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 8 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 9 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 10 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 11 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 12 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 13 Apartment rental in Barcelona
- 14 Advice please...
- 15 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 16 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 17 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 18 Paris in black and white
- 19 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 20 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 21 Hey Fodor's
- 22 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 23 Apartment rental agencies in Barcelona
- 24 Douro cruise in last week of November?
- 25 Pre-Trip Jitters!