Hello. We are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 teenagers) and will be in Iceland this June. I am having a difficult time determining if we should do a self-drive tour or have a private guide instead. We are comfortable with GPS and have no problem being on our own. I am just concerned that by seeing so many beautiful things, without the additional insight and commentary of a guide, we might be missing out a bit. Also, I'm thinking the guides really know the best spots to get the best views, and the best ways to avoid crowds (assuming there are any??). Advice will be greatly appreciated!
Self Drive Tour or Private Guide
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 2 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 3 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 4 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 5 one last portugal car rental question
- 6 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 7 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 8 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 9 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 10 Europe in 21 days
- 11 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 12 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 13 Street food in Turkey
- 14 Dublin Hostels
- 15 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 16 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 17 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 18 Spain Questions
- 19 9 days in turkey
- 20 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 21 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 22 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 23 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 24 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 25 Germany driving itinerary starting questions