Hello. We are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 teenagers) and will be in Iceland this June. I am having a difficult time determining if we should do a self-drive tour or have a private guide instead. We are comfortable with GPS and have no problem being on our own. I am just concerned that by seeing so many beautiful things, without the additional insight and commentary of a guide, we might be missing out a bit. Also, I'm thinking the guides really know the best spots to get the best views, and the best ways to avoid crowds (assuming there are any??). Advice will be greatly appreciated!
Self Drive Tour or Private Guide
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 2 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 3 Dresden or Leipzig
- 4 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 5 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 6 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 7 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 8 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 9 Trains in Italy
- 10 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 11 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 12 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 13 Air pollution in Paris
- 14 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 15 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 16 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 17 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 18 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 19 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 20 20 days in Germany
- 21 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 22 France, Italy and Greec
- 23 Rome---August and September
- 24 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 25 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS