We will be staying in Barcelona early/mid May and want to take a short trip into Andorra for a couple of nights. The question is should we rent a car or take a bus for the drive? We also have a three year old and a one year old with us so if we were to rent a car it would have to be through a company that provides car seats. Do bus companies require you to have car seats for babies? Also, neither one of us drives a stick shift (I know...tsk tsk) and I've noticed that renting an automatic is WAY more expensive. I'm actually thinking of renting a manual here for a day and learning how to drive stick before we leave so we can save some money on a rental in Barcelona. BUT maybe driving up into Andorra is really mountainous and would be too hard for a beginning stick driver??? What do you think? Am I crazy?
Self drive or bus it from Barcelona to Andorra?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 2 Three ferries to Mull
- 3 Eastern Europe
- 4 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 5 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 6 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 7 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 8 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 9 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 10 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 11 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 12 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 13 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 14 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 15 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 16 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 17 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 18 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 19 American Express
- 20 Airport ATMs
- 21 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 22 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 23 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 24 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 25 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.