This is sort of a follow-up to the "Are we crazy to try to plan a trip to Europe this summer" post. Everyone was so generous in your support of going for it, and I think I have DH convinced. We'll be traveling for about 3 weeks in July through the beginning of August with our two sons, ages 17 and 15. We did a 4 week trip through Italy last summer, so they are somewhat experienced travelers. Now I need to ask advice on some of the details...
We would like to see Bruges and stay for about two days. We also want to spend 4-5 days in Paris. I'd also love to see at least a couple of the chateaux in the Loire if we could fit it in. We also want to return to Provence. We were there in 2011, and stayed near St Saturnin les Apts. this time, we'd like to see more of the towns around St Remy (Arles for sure and any others you'd recommend).
So, what would be the most efficient/ least expensive way to fly into/ out of Europe? From initial research, flying into Brussels ( where we'd also like to stay at least 1 night) looks about $100 cheaper per ticket, but getting home to New York State is not easy from Marseille.
There are non-stop flights from Nice to JFK and other spots near us, but Nice is not that close to St Remy. Does anyone know of a way to plan our time where we could end up near a larger airport with non-stop flights to the states?
PS: I'm totally intimidated by leaving from CDG: it's so large and confusing. I could do it, but would prefer to avoid it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MCAFEE @ Installation renewal CONTACT☎ 18006817208 Tec*h Supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 3 Christmas Day in Granada
- 4 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 5 car insurance italy
- 6 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 7 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 8 Venice/Mestre
- 9 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 10 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Transylvania - June 2018
- 13 Italy Car Scam
- 14 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 15 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 16 Krakow
- 17 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 18 Quizz !
- 19 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 20 Pay attention to your watches !
- 21 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 24 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 25 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
Seize the day trip this summer: best airports Bruges, Paris, Provence?