This is sort of a follow-up to the "Are we crazy to try to plan a trip to Europe this summer" post. Everyone was so generous in your support of going for it, and I think I have DH convinced. We'll be traveling for about 3 weeks in July through the beginning of August with our two sons, ages 17 and 15. We did a 4 week trip through Italy last summer, so they are somewhat experienced travelers. Now I need to ask advice on some of the details...
We would like to see Bruges and stay for about two days. We also want to spend 4-5 days in Paris. I'd also love to see at least a couple of the chateaux in the Loire if we could fit it in. We also want to return to Provence. We were there in 2011, and stayed near St Saturnin les Apts. this time, we'd like to see more of the towns around St Remy (Arles for sure and any others you'd recommend).
So, what would be the most efficient/ least expensive way to fly into/ out of Europe? From initial research, flying into Brussels ( where we'd also like to stay at least 1 night) looks about $100 cheaper per ticket, but getting home to New York State is not easy from Marseille.
There are non-stop flights from Nice to JFK and other spots near us, but Nice is not that close to St Remy. Does anyone know of a way to plan our time where we could end up near a larger airport with non-stop flights to the states?
PS: I'm totally intimidated by leaving from CDG: it's so large and confusing. I could do it, but would prefer to avoid it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona completely overrated
- 2 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 3 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 4 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 5 Hotel recommendation in Berchtesgaden
- 6 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 7 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 8 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?
- 9 Ravello to Paestum
- 10 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 11 Two weeks in Puglia - Help with itinerary please
- 12 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 13 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 14 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 15 Spain Itinerary Help
- 16 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 17 Itinerary Help!
- 18 My 7 day Provence itinerary... workable?
- 19 Staying in or around Koblenz?
- 20 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 21 Why doesn't anyone talk about staying in the 2nd arr in Paris? Am I blind?
- 22 Berlin Hotel feedback
- 23 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 24 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 25 italy itinerary
Seize the day trip this summer: best airports Bruges, Paris, Provence?