This is sort of a follow-up to the "Are we crazy to try to plan a trip to Europe this summer" post. Everyone was so generous in your support of going for it, and I think I have DH convinced. We'll be traveling for about 3 weeks in July through the beginning of August with our two sons, ages 17 and 15. We did a 4 week trip through Italy last summer, so they are somewhat experienced travelers. Now I need to ask advice on some of the details...
We would like to see Bruges and stay for about two days. We also want to spend 4-5 days in Paris. I'd also love to see at least a couple of the chateaux in the Loire if we could fit it in. We also want to return to Provence. We were there in 2011, and stayed near St Saturnin les Apts. this time, we'd like to see more of the towns around St Remy (Arles for sure and any others you'd recommend).
So, what would be the most efficient/ least expensive way to fly into/ out of Europe? From initial research, flying into Brussels ( where we'd also like to stay at least 1 night) looks about $100 cheaper per ticket, but getting home to New York State is not easy from Marseille.
There are non-stop flights from Nice to JFK and other spots near us, but Nice is not that close to St Remy. Does anyone know of a way to plan our time where we could end up near a larger airport with non-stop flights to the states?
PS: I'm totally intimidated by leaving from CDG: it's so large and confusing. I could do it, but would prefer to avoid it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 More Info >>>> http://rhinorx90eveningblog.com/cerebrrin/
- 2 Manchester on derby weekend
- 3 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 4 Naples or Genoa
- 5 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 6 From London to Paris to US
- 7 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 8 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 9 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 10 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 11 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 12 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 13 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 14 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 15 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 16 Itinerary help please!
- 17 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 18 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 19 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 20 France to stop making foie grois
- 21 Holiday Itinerary
- 22 Car hire
- 23 Ireland driving itinerary
- 24 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 25 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
Seize the day trip this summer: best airports Bruges, Paris, Provence?