This is sort of a follow-up to the "Are we crazy to try to plan a trip to Europe this summer" post. Everyone was so generous in your support of going for it, and I think I have DH convinced. We'll be traveling for about 3 weeks in July through the beginning of August with our two sons, ages 17 and 15. We did a 4 week trip through Italy last summer, so they are somewhat experienced travelers. Now I need to ask advice on some of the details...
We would like to see Bruges and stay for about two days. We also want to spend 4-5 days in Paris. I'd also love to see at least a couple of the chateaux in the Loire if we could fit it in. We also want to return to Provence. We were there in 2011, and stayed near St Saturnin les Apts. this time, we'd like to see more of the towns around St Remy (Arles for sure and any others you'd recommend).
So, what would be the most efficient/ least expensive way to fly into/ out of Europe? From initial research, flying into Brussels ( where we'd also like to stay at least 1 night) looks about $100 cheaper per ticket, but getting home to New York State is not easy from Marseille.
There are non-stop flights from Nice to JFK and other spots near us, but Nice is not that close to St Remy. Does anyone know of a way to plan our time where we could end up near a larger airport with non-stop flights to the states?
PS: I'm totally intimidated by leaving from CDG: it's so large and confusing. I could do it, but would prefer to avoid it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Trip to Italy- Help!
- 2 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 3 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 4 2-3 week Europe itinerary - help!
- 5 Airport Transportation
- 6 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 7 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 8 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 9 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 10 London is it worth it?
- 11 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 12 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 13 London and Normandy
- 14 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 15 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 16 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 17 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 18 Transfer from Naples Airport to Positano
- 19 free international phone calls
- 20 France Study Abroad
- 21 Lisbon
- 22 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 23 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 24 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 25 Taxi from Heathrow Airport
Seize the day trip this summer: best airports Bruges, Paris, Provence?