This is sort of a follow-up to the "Are we crazy to try to plan a trip to Europe this summer" post. Everyone was so generous in your support of going for it, and I think I have DH convinced. We'll be traveling for about 3 weeks in July through the beginning of August with our two sons, ages 17 and 15. We did a 4 week trip through Italy last summer, so they are somewhat experienced travelers. Now I need to ask advice on some of the details...
We would like to see Bruges and stay for about two days. We also want to spend 4-5 days in Paris. I'd also love to see at least a couple of the chateaux in the Loire if we could fit it in. We also want to return to Provence. We were there in 2011, and stayed near St Saturnin les Apts. this time, we'd like to see more of the towns around St Remy (Arles for sure and any others you'd recommend).
So, what would be the most efficient/ least expensive way to fly into/ out of Europe? From initial research, flying into Brussels ( where we'd also like to stay at least 1 night) looks about $100 cheaper per ticket, but getting home to New York State is not easy from Marseille.
There are non-stop flights from Nice to JFK and other spots near us, but Nice is not that close to St Remy. Does anyone know of a way to plan our time where we could end up near a larger airport with non-stop flights to the states?
PS: I'm totally intimidated by leaving from CDG: it's so large and confusing. I could do it, but would prefer to avoid it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 2 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 3 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 4 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 5 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 6 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 7 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 8 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 9 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 SNCF - low price for summer
- 12 Cinqueterre
- 13 Transportation Question Italy
- 14 Short Trip to Paris
- 15 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 16 17 days in England
- 17 Fave National Parks in Spain? also: Barcelona or Madrid?
- 18 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 19 Italy Trip Report
- 20 credit and debit cards
- 21 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 22 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 23 Parking in Girona
- 24 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 25 Naples, Herculaneum and Capri Early April - recommendations
Seize the day trip this summer: best airports Bruges, Paris, Provence?