This is sort of a follow-up to the "Are we crazy to try to plan a trip to Europe this summer" post. Everyone was so generous in your support of going for it, and I think I have DH convinced. We'll be traveling for about 3 weeks in July through the beginning of August with our two sons, ages 17 and 15. We did a 4 week trip through Italy last summer, so they are somewhat experienced travelers. Now I need to ask advice on some of the details...
We would like to see Bruges and stay for about two days. We also want to spend 4-5 days in Paris. I'd also love to see at least a couple of the chateaux in the Loire if we could fit it in. We also want to return to Provence. We were there in 2011, and stayed near St Saturnin les Apts. this time, we'd like to see more of the towns around St Remy (Arles for sure and any others you'd recommend).
So, what would be the most efficient/ least expensive way to fly into/ out of Europe? From initial research, flying into Brussels ( where we'd also like to stay at least 1 night) looks about $100 cheaper per ticket, but getting home to New York State is not easy from Marseille.
There are non-stop flights from Nice to JFK and other spots near us, but Nice is not that close to St Remy. Does anyone know of a way to plan our time where we could end up near a larger airport with non-stop flights to the states?
PS: I'm totally intimidated by leaving from CDG: it's so large and confusing. I could do it, but would prefer to avoid it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 2 Day trip suggestion from London
- 3 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 4 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 5 Lake Maggiore
- 6 Day Trip near Paris
- 7 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 8 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 9 Help in determining 2 weeks in Florence, Rome, and TBD location(??)
- 10 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 11 Bootcut jeans
- 12 What is the best spot in Liechtenstein for VERY brief visit?
- 13 Car rental insurance woes
- 14 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 15 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 16 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 17 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 18 Favorite tapas bars in Barcelona
- 19 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 20 Castle Hunters on HGTV - anyone watch?
- 21 Norway Fjords
- 22 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence
- 23 Tweesters+ tour of Catalonia and Languedoc-Roussillon
- 24 UK train question
- 25 London Itinerary - Late Summer
Seize the day trip this summer: best airports Bruges, Paris, Provence?