This is sort of a follow-up to the "Are we crazy to try to plan a trip to Europe this summer" post. Everyone was so generous in your support of going for it, and I think I have DH convinced. We'll be traveling for about 3 weeks in July through the beginning of August with our two sons, ages 17 and 15. We did a 4 week trip through Italy last summer, so they are somewhat experienced travelers. Now I need to ask advice on some of the details...
We would like to see Bruges and stay for about two days. We also want to spend 4-5 days in Paris. I'd also love to see at least a couple of the chateaux in the Loire if we could fit it in. We also want to return to Provence. We were there in 2011, and stayed near St Saturnin les Apts. this time, we'd like to see more of the towns around St Remy (Arles for sure and any others you'd recommend).
So, what would be the most efficient/ least expensive way to fly into/ out of Europe? From initial research, flying into Brussels ( where we'd also like to stay at least 1 night) looks about $100 cheaper per ticket, but getting home to New York State is not easy from Marseille.
There are non-stop flights from Nice to JFK and other spots near us, but Nice is not that close to St Remy. Does anyone know of a way to plan our time where we could end up near a larger airport with non-stop flights to the states?
PS: I'm totally intimidated by leaving from CDG: it's so large and confusing. I could do it, but would prefer to avoid it.
Seize the day trip this summer: best airports Bruges, Paris, Provence?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel with Teens
- 2 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 3 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 4 Weather in Andalusia and Barcelona?
- 5 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 6 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 7 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 8 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 9 Rental car companies in Denizli & Antalya
- 10 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 11 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 12 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 13 What are the best places to see in England
- 14 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 15 Reims for a day
- 16 Indus Tours in Turkey
- 17 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 18 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 19 Estonia Amber
- 20 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 21 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 22 TRAVEL TURKEY
- 23 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 24 Bosna i Hercegovina
- 25 HOTELS IN ISTANBUL, TURKEY