I've been busily researching and following links suggested by so many fellow travelers, and have started to rough out a plan for our trip this summer. DH and I will be traveling with our two sons, ages 17 and 15. They are fairly experienced travelers after trekking through Italy last summer. Nothing has been booked yet, and I know I have to move quickly so any guidance would be most welcome.
Here's my first thought:
-Fly into Brussels, and either stay 1 night there before heading to Bruges for 2 nights, or just take a train to Bruges and stay 2 nights. (Leaning toward just going straight to Bruges, unless people really feel Brussels deserves a night)
-Train to Paris, stay 4-5 nights.
-Train to Loire Valley to see chateaux, or just rent a car somehow in Paris (this would seem challenging) and drive to the Loire Valley. Stay 2 nights or so
-Train to Avignon, rent car at station (we've done this before) then drive to St. Remy de Provence. Stay in St Remy for 6 nights or so, using as a base to see various towns and sites.
-Somehow get a train to Geneva and take another train to Vevey. We'd probably stay 3 nights in Vevey, since we've never been to Switzerland. We could do a little touring around the area.
The reason for going to Geneva is to save on our flights. Even with train fare estimates, it looks like we'd save about $500+ by flying home from Geneva. However, not sure if it would really be less expensive when figuring other costs of touring through Switzerland. This is where I really need some help.
Would people recommend that we omit the Switzerland leg of the trip and just fly home from Nice? We could spend a couple of nights in St Paul de Vence (loved it a couple of years ago), or somewhere else in Nice.
As you can see, this is all still in the beginning stages. Please let me know if you'd spend more or less time in any of these places. I'm so grateful for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 2 실시간tv╱◇￢( ｄＯｏ２６.ｚＥ.Ａｍ )￢╱◇온라인야구
- 3 실시간티비╱◇￢( ｄＯｏ２６.ｚＥ.Ａｍ )￢╱◇온라인야구
- 4 실시간프로토╱◇￢( ｄＯｏ２６.ｚＥ.Ａｍ )￢╱◇온라인야구
- 5 인터넷축구╱◇￢( ｄＯｏ２６.ｚＥ.Ａｍ )￢╱◇온라인야구
- 6 라이브축구╱◇￢( ｄＯｏ２６.ｚＥ.Ａｍ )￢╱◇온라인야구
- 7 온라인축구╱◇￢( ｄＯｏ２６.ｚＥ.Ａｍ )￢╱◇온라인야구
- 8 농구토토╱◇￢( ｄＯｏ２６.ｚＥ.Ａｍ )￢╱◇온라인야
- 9 Another tipping question: concierges
- 10 야구게임╱◇￢( ｄＯｏ２６.ｚＥ.Ａｍ )￢╱◇온라인야
- 11 토토╱◇￢( ｄＯｏ２６.ｚＥ.Ａｍ )￢╱◇온라
- 12 스포츠배팅╱◇￢( ｄＯｏ２６.ｚＥ.Ａｍ )￢╱◇온라인야구
- 13 와우토토╱◇￢( ｄＯｏ２６.ｚＥ.Ａｍ )￢╱◇온라인야구
- 14 사설토토사이트╱◇￢( ｄＯｏ２６.ｚＥ.Ａｍ )￢╱◇온라인야구
- 15 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 16 실시간스코어╱◇￢( ｄＯｏ２６.ｚＥ.Ａｍ )￢╱◇온라인야구
- 17 스포조이╱◇￢( ｄＯｏ２６.ｚＥ.Ａｍ )￢╱◇온라인야
- 18 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 19 인터넷바카라＼=】￢ＧＯ４２８。ＣoM￢【=＼슈퍼바카라
- 20 생방송바카라＼=】￢ＧＯ４２８。ＣoM￢【=＼슈퍼바카라
- 21 생중계바카라＼=】￢ＧＯ４２８。ＣoM￢【=＼슈퍼바카라
- 22 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 23 아시아바카라＼=】￢ＧＯ４２８。ＣoM￢【=＼슈퍼바카라
- 24 아시안바카라＼=】￢ＧＯ４２８。ＣoM￢【=＼슈퍼바카라
- 25 윈스카지노＼=】￢ＧＯ４２８。ＣoM￢【=＼슈퍼바카라
Seize the Day trip rough itinerary: can you help smooth it out?