My wife and I are planning a trip to Croatia, Slovenia and maybe Bosnia/Herzegovina leaving Minneapolis on Sept 30, 2013, coming home on Oct 16 (maybe flying into Zagreb). We are just at the beginning our research and we are hoping to get a little advice about areas to concentrate on. We are not at all into resorts, we are moderately budget conscious (want to enjoy ourselves but we’re not rich), pretty adventurous, love reasonably rugged hiking in beautiful areas, exploring small villages and to a lesser extent seeing the sights of larger cities. We like to be spontaneous, so we are open to renting a car for all or part of the trip. We are comfortable with not having a rigid itinerary, and prefer to have some flexibility to decide where we want to go, exploring to find nice places to eat and sleep. That said, we like to have the basics of a plan to be sure we are not just floundering around and wasting valuable time. Also, we like to go about things at a relaxed pace. We don’t want to be rushed. Can anyone make any recommendations from the general (such as regions to concentrate on) to the specific (such as best car rental companies, great hotels, neat small towns, etc)? Thanks so much in advance.
Seeking thoughts on a trip to Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens jeweler recommendations?
- 2 Coffee in Paris - Article from teh NYT
- 3 See Batalha and Alcobaça while driving from Lisbon to Coimbra
- 4 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 5 Late October Germany Itinerary--Any Feedback Welcome!
- 6 19 countries in a day
- 7 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 8 Finistère Base
- 9 24-Hour Layover in Hamburg
- 10 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 11 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 12 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 13 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 14 Photographer in Paris?
- 15 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 16 First visit to France in November
- 17 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days
- 18 Hey Fodor's
- 19 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 20 Advice please...
- 21 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 22 Which hotel in London?
- 23 Official Italy Tourism Website
- 24 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 25 Restaurant recommendation for Milan