My wife and I are planning a trip to Croatia, Slovenia and maybe Bosnia/Herzegovina leaving Minneapolis on Sept 30, 2013, coming home on Oct 16 (maybe flying into Zagreb). We are just at the beginning our research and we are hoping to get a little advice about areas to concentrate on. We are not at all into resorts, we are moderately budget conscious (want to enjoy ourselves but we’re not rich), pretty adventurous, love reasonably rugged hiking in beautiful areas, exploring small villages and to a lesser extent seeing the sights of larger cities. We like to be spontaneous, so we are open to renting a car for all or part of the trip. We are comfortable with not having a rigid itinerary, and prefer to have some flexibility to decide where we want to go, exploring to find nice places to eat and sleep. That said, we like to have the basics of a plan to be sure we are not just floundering around and wasting valuable time. Also, we like to go about things at a relaxed pace. We don’t want to be rushed. Can anyone make any recommendations from the general (such as regions to concentrate on) to the specific (such as best car rental companies, great hotels, neat small towns, etc)? Thanks so much in advance.
Seeking thoughts on a trip to Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in London
- 2 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 3 Random Rome Questions
- 4 EuropeanQuiz # 70 ( Friday)
- 5 Berlin, Dresden and Prague or Berlin and Vienna?
- 6 London experts--Look at my week's itinerary, please?
- 7 Itinerary question for Czech Republic for September trip
- 8 Hotel or bed and breakfast in Venice
- 9 Trip Insurance
- 10 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 11 Afternoon Tea in London: Savoy vs. Ritz
- 12 Iceland Trekking/Camping
- 13 Newgrange
- 14 Italy by Cruise Ship or Airplane/Rail
- 15 Driving to Beaune
- 16 Travelling to France
- 17 Use of pre-booked non-PREMS tickets on French trains
- 18 Iceland trip...need some feedback please!
- 19 Easier connection to London's city center -- Gatwick or Stansted?
- 20 25 days in Europe
- 21 ANDALUCIA - CIVIL WAR GUIDE?
- 22 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 23 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 24 Oslo, Norway - worth the trip?
- 25 scotland trave;