Myself, my father (80), and daughter (23), will be going on one of the Danube river cruises at the end of July and are seeking suggestions for an additional 5 days in Europe once our ship arrives in Budapest. We would love to spend time in the Salzkammergut or Austrian Alps. We are looking for a quaint, picturesque, "off the beaten path" sort of lake/mountain village, accessible by train, and with only a short taxi ride from the stations in Salzburg or Innsbruck to facilitate easier day trips.
As for activities, we love to interact with the locals and explore their restaurants, bars, and idyllic scenery. My father is elderly, so we are not overly interested in hiking or biking; however, we would love to take one the beautiful mountain cable car rides we have heard so much about.
Can anyone provide suggestions on their favorite towns/places to stay in these areas?
Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prem fares (again)
- 2 YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 YAHOO Tec*h SUPPORT
- 3 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 6 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 7 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 8 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 9 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 10 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 11 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 12 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 13 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 14 4 days from/to Zagreb...
- 15 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 16 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 17 3 days solo in London
- 18 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 19 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 20 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 21 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 22 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 23 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 24 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 25 Chania
Seeking suggestions on Eastern Alps/Salzberg/Innsbruck trip