My husband and I (66 & 64 yr old) will be flying into Munich in late Sept and flying out of Munich 22 days later. We are looking forward to seeing a bit of Germany, Austria and Prague. We like to travel modestly and love the scenic outdoors, hikes/walks, bicycle jaunts, some history, and exploring new places. We have committed to nights 1-4 in Munich. We plan to then rent a car and spend night 5 in Garmisch-Part(enkirchen. We are trying to determine the remaining time and welcome any ideas/advice/suggestions.
night 6: Hall (going thru Mittenwald and/or Seefeld to get there)
night 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Salzberg (via Jenbach, take train to Achensee?), Krimml waterful, Grossglockner. In Salzberg, visit Mirabell Garden, old town, fortress, produce mkt, Augustiner Beer Garden, day trip to Berchtesgaden (hike and/or boat trip Lake Konigssee) and St. Gilgen (hike and/or bicycle a bit along lake)
night 12, 13 Nuremberg (return car when we arrive)
night 14, 15, 16, 17 Prague (take Flixbus from Nuremberg?)
night 18, 19, 20, 21 Vienna (take Flixbus from Prague?)
night 22 Munich to fly on following day (take Flixbus from Vienna)
I'm still researching things to do the last half of the trip. Wondering if one or more days in Salzberg should shift to include Rosenberg or add to Prague or Vienna. Thanks for any hints you might have!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International drivers permit
- 2 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 3 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 4 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 5 Paris advice with kids
- 6 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 7 alcazar question and seville advice
- 8 french italian Riviera overnight stop noli, cervo, san remo, menton, other?
- 9 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 10 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 11 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 12 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 13 Amsterdam highlights
- 14 First visit to London
- 15 Villa in Italy
- 16 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 17 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 18 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 19 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 20 Paris travel help
- 21 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 22 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 23 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 24 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 25 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall