My husband and I (66 & 64 yr old) will be flying into Munich in late Sept and flying out of Munich 22 days later. We are looking forward to seeing a bit of Germany, Austria and Prague. We like to travel modestly and love the scenic outdoors, hikes/walks, bicycle jaunts, some history, and exploring new places. We have committed to nights 1-4 in Munich. We plan to then rent a car and spend night 5 in Garmisch-Part(enkirchen. We are trying to determine the remaining time and welcome any ideas/advice/suggestions.
night 6: Hall (going thru Mittenwald and/or Seefeld to get there)
night 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Salzberg (via Jenbach, take train to Achensee?), Krimml waterful, Grossglockner. In Salzberg, visit Mirabell Garden, old town, fortress, produce mkt, Augustiner Beer Garden, day trip to Berchtesgaden (hike and/or boat trip Lake Konigssee) and St. Gilgen (hike and/or bicycle a bit along lake)
night 12, 13 Nuremberg (return car when we arrive)
night 14, 15, 16, 17 Prague (take Flixbus from Nuremberg?)
night 18, 19, 20, 21 Vienna (take Flixbus from Prague?)
night 22 Munich to fly on following day (take Flixbus from Vienna)
I'm still researching things to do the last half of the trip. Wondering if one or more days in Salzberg should shift to include Rosenberg or add to Prague or Vienna. Thanks for any hints you might have!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 2 restaurants in Marais district
- 3 France & Italy, May or June
- 4 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 5 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 6 http://dermaessencecreamblog.com/nature-renew/
- 7 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 8 Engadine Valley help
- 9 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 10 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 11 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 12 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 13 Honeymoon in Greece
- 14 Italy for Christmas Week
- 15 A Month stay in Southern France
- 16 Shoes in Scotland
- 17 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 18 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 19 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 20 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 21 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 22 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 23 Portugal with large family
- 24 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 25 Sicily
Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall