My husband and I (66 & 64 yr old) will be flying into Munich in late Sept and flying out of Munich 22 days later. We are looking forward to seeing a bit of Germany, Austria and Prague. We like to travel modestly and love the scenic outdoors, hikes/walks, bicycle jaunts, some history, and exploring new places. We have committed to nights 1-4 in Munich. We plan to then rent a car and spend night 5 in Garmisch-Part(enkirchen. We are trying to determine the remaining time and welcome any ideas/advice/suggestions.
night 6: Hall (going thru Mittenwald and/or Seefeld to get there)
night 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Salzberg (via Jenbach, take train to Achensee?), Krimml waterful, Grossglockner. In Salzberg, visit Mirabell Garden, old town, fortress, produce mkt, Augustiner Beer Garden, day trip to Berchtesgaden (hike and/or boat trip Lake Konigssee) and St. Gilgen (hike and/or bicycle a bit along lake)
night 12, 13 Nuremberg (return car when we arrive)
night 14, 15, 16, 17 Prague (take Flixbus from Nuremberg?)
night 18, 19, 20, 21 Vienna (take Flixbus from Prague?)
night 22 Munich to fly on following day (take Flixbus from Vienna)
I'm still researching things to do the last half of the trip. Wondering if one or more days in Salzberg should shift to include Rosenberg or add to Prague or Vienna. Thanks for any hints you might have!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quizz !
- 2 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 3 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 4 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 5 Pay attention to your watches !
- 6 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 7 car insurance italy
- 8 Christmas Day in Granada
- 9 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 10 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 11 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 12 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 Venice/Mestre
- 15 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 16 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 18 9 Days in Spain
- 19 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 20 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 21 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 22 8 Days in Spain
- 23 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 24 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 25 Italy Car Scam
Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall