Hi, UK Fodorites.
I wonder if anyone local has reccos for museums that highlight 19th century England--in/near areas where I'll be this fall? I've found the Red House Stables/Carriage Museum in Matlock, which looks interesting. Anyone been?
I'll be in Matlock (Peak District) for a couple days and then based in Keswick (Lake District) for several days.
I would be interested in almost anything, but of special interest is agricultural practices, but also textiles, coal mines, schools, manufacturing, transportation. If anyone's heard of or been to any interesting historical sites/museums, I'd be most grateful for the info.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Insurance on rental car options
- 2 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 3 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 4 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 5 24 hours in Paris
- 6 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 7 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 8 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 9 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 10 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 11 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 12 tickets for Wimbledon
- 13 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 14 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 15 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 16 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 17 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 18 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 19 Happy birthday ATM
- 20 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 23 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 24 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 25 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
Seeking Museums: 19th Century Life (Peak Districk, Lake District)
Hi, UK Fodorites.