Hi, UK Fodorites.
I wonder if anyone local has reccos for museums that highlight 19th century England--in/near areas where I'll be this fall? I've found the Red House Stables/Carriage Museum in Matlock, which looks interesting. Anyone been?
I'll be in Matlock (Peak District) for a couple days and then based in Keswick (Lake District) for several days.
I would be interested in almost anything, but of special interest is agricultural practices, but also textiles, coal mines, schools, manufacturing, transportation. If anyone's heard of or been to any interesting historical sites/museums, I'd be most grateful for the info.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Camogli and surrounds
- 2 Are DSLR cameras allowed for Papal Audience
- 3 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 4 Route des Vins
- 5 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 6 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 7 Shorts in South of France?
- 8 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 9 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 10 Les Invalides Night Show
- 11 base for Andalucia
- 12 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 13 Taxi or Aeroexpress from Domodedovo Airport to center of Moscow?
- 14 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 15 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 16 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 17 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 18 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 19 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 20 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 21 limousine services - milan - rome
- 22 Regarding Residence Permit
- 23 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 24 Homesaty
- 25 The herbs in pure slim 365
Seeking Museums: 19th Century Life (Peak Districk, Lake District)
Hi, UK Fodorites.