Hi, UK Fodorites.
I wonder if anyone local has reccos for museums that highlight 19th century England--in/near areas where I'll be this fall? I've found the Red House Stables/Carriage Museum in Matlock, which looks interesting. Anyone been?
I'll be in Matlock (Peak District) for a couple days and then based in Keswick (Lake District) for several days.
I would be interested in almost anything, but of special interest is agricultural practices, but also textiles, coal mines, schools, manufacturing, transportation. If anyone's heard of or been to any interesting historical sites/museums, I'd be most grateful for the info.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TIM in FCO - update
- 2 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 3 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 4 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 5 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 6 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 7 Switzerland - Matterhorm and Golden Pass advice
- 8 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 9 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 10 Venice gondola ride
- 11 Paris and Normandy
- 12 2-3 week Europe itinerary - help!
- 13 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 14 Does Paris ruin you for life?
- 15 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 16 London and Normandy
- 17 Last night in Barcelona - where to stay
- 18 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 19 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 20 rent muscle car in Norway
- 21 Athens tour guide advice
- 22 Athens International Airport customs and baggage reclaim
- 23 mystras or nemea
- 24 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 25 Paris..The St. Germain area.
Seeking Museums: 19th Century Life (Peak Districk, Lake District)
Hi, UK Fodorites.