Hi, UK Fodorites.
I wonder if anyone local has reccos for museums that highlight 19th century England--in/near areas where I'll be this fall? I've found the Red House Stables/Carriage Museum in Matlock, which looks interesting. Anyone been?
I'll be in Matlock (Peak District) for a couple days and then based in Keswick (Lake District) for several days.
I would be interested in almost anything, but of special interest is agricultural practices, but also textiles, coal mines, schools, manufacturing, transportation. If anyone's heard of or been to any interesting historical sites/museums, I'd be most grateful for the info.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Where to enjoy Paris
- 4 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 5 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 6 10 days in Paris and......
- 7 Prague Christmas Markets and Christmas mass
- 8 Spain in July
- 9 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 10 Athens
- 11 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 12 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 13 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 14 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 15 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 16 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 17 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 18 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 19 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 20 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 21 We're here!
- 22 Budapest & Prague
- 23 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 driving from ancona to rome
Seeking Museums: 19th Century Life (Peak Districk, Lake District)
Hi, UK Fodorites.