Hi, UK Fodorites.
I wonder if anyone local has reccos for museums that highlight 19th century England--in/near areas where I'll be this fall? I've found the Red House Stables/Carriage Museum in Matlock, which looks interesting. Anyone been?
I'll be in Matlock (Peak District) for a couple days and then based in Keswick (Lake District) for several days.
I would be interested in almost anything, but of special interest is agricultural practices, but also textiles, coal mines, schools, manufacturing, transportation. If anyone's heard of or been to any interesting historical sites/museums, I'd be most grateful for the info.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 2 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 3 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 4 A Month stay in Southern France
- 5 restaurants in Marais district
- 6 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 7 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 8 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 9 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 10 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 11 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 12 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 13 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 14 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 15 Shoes in Scotland
- 16 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 17 Alsace for 5 days and 6 more days- where???
- 18 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 21 Sicily
- 22 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 23 Two for One Days OUt
- 24 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 25 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
Seeking Museums: 19th Century Life (Peak Districk, Lake District)
Hi, UK Fodorites.