This is my first post on this forum. I am planning my honeymoon for mid-late September 2013 to Paris and the Amalfi Coast. I have already booked plane tickets, four nights at an apartment in the Marais in Paris, and four nights at Le Sirene in Praiano, Italy (Le Sirene thanks to this forum and other great reviews).
Our prospective itinerary is:
Arrive in Paris on Tuesday morning
(Four nights in Paris)
Fly to Naples on Saturday
(One night in Naples or Pompei)
Go to Pompeii ruins on Sunday
Go to Amalfi Coast Sunday night
(Four nights in Praiano)
Go to Rome on Thursday
(Two nights in Rome)
Fly out of Rome Saturday afternoon
I didn't really intend to visit Rome on this trip, but we're flying out of Rome and had a little extra time. The flights can't be changed, but the Italy itinerary can.
My question is if anyone has any suggestions on how to make the itinerary more relaxed so that we're not constantly traveling. We're relatively active and like to hike and eat and drink wine, but I don't want to be on a bus/boat/train every day. We live in Brooklyn, so we're used to cities and public transportation, but would also like to escape the city. I've never been to Paris, which is why I've chosen it as half our trip.
Maybe we should skip Pompeii and/or Rome? Or spend two nights at a nicer hotel/resort with a pool in Rome or the Amalfi Coast, and less time in Praino? I'm not usually into spas, but maybe there is a spa-like place in Paris or on the Amalfi Coast where we could spend a day?
Let me know if you have any suggestions about how to add relaxing elements to this trip. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 생방송바카라⋞」★「( SO224。COM )」★「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 2 생중계바카라⋞」★「( SO224。COM )」★「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 3 와와바카라⋞」★「( SO224。COM )」★「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 4 Versailles
- 5 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 6 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 7 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 8 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 9 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 10 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 11 Petrol in Greece
- 12 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 13 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 14 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 15 Where to enjoy Paris
- 16 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 17 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 18 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 19 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 20 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 21 Meteora for older folk
- 22 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 23 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 24 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 25 Lofoten, Norway Trip Report
Seeking Ideas for a Relaxing Honeymoon in Paris and the Amalfi Coast