This is my first post on this forum. I am planning my honeymoon for mid-late September 2013 to Paris and the Amalfi Coast. I have already booked plane tickets, four nights at an apartment in the Marais in Paris, and four nights at Le Sirene in Praiano, Italy (Le Sirene thanks to this forum and other great reviews).
Our prospective itinerary is:
Arrive in Paris on Tuesday morning
(Four nights in Paris)
Fly to Naples on Saturday
(One night in Naples or Pompei)
Go to Pompeii ruins on Sunday
Go to Amalfi Coast Sunday night
(Four nights in Praiano)
Go to Rome on Thursday
(Two nights in Rome)
Fly out of Rome Saturday afternoon
I didn't really intend to visit Rome on this trip, but we're flying out of Rome and had a little extra time. The flights can't be changed, but the Italy itinerary can.
My question is if anyone has any suggestions on how to make the itinerary more relaxed so that we're not constantly traveling. We're relatively active and like to hike and eat and drink wine, but I don't want to be on a bus/boat/train every day. We live in Brooklyn, so we're used to cities and public transportation, but would also like to escape the city. I've never been to Paris, which is why I've chosen it as half our trip.
Maybe we should skip Pompeii and/or Rome? Or spend two nights at a nicer hotel/resort with a pool in Rome or the Amalfi Coast, and less time in Praino? I'm not usually into spas, but maybe there is a spa-like place in Paris or on the Amalfi Coast where we could spend a day?
Let me know if you have any suggestions about how to add relaxing elements to this trip. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 워커힐경마＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼바카라사이트주소♀라이브바카라
- 2 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 3 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 4 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 5 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 6 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 7 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 8 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 9 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 10 dinner jackets
- 11 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 12 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 13 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 14 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 15 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 16 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 17 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 18 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 19 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 20 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 21 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 22 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 23 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 24 Cordoba Overnight?
- 25 Piedmont as a destination
Seeking Ideas for a Relaxing Honeymoon in Paris and the Amalfi Coast