This is my first post on this forum. I am planning my honeymoon for mid-late September 2013 to Paris and the Amalfi Coast. I have already booked plane tickets, four nights at an apartment in the Marais in Paris, and four nights at Le Sirene in Praiano, Italy (Le Sirene thanks to this forum and other great reviews).
Our prospective itinerary is:
Arrive in Paris on Tuesday morning
(Four nights in Paris)
Fly to Naples on Saturday
(One night in Naples or Pompei)
Go to Pompeii ruins on Sunday
Go to Amalfi Coast Sunday night
(Four nights in Praiano)
Go to Rome on Thursday
(Two nights in Rome)
Fly out of Rome Saturday afternoon
I didn't really intend to visit Rome on this trip, but we're flying out of Rome and had a little extra time. The flights can't be changed, but the Italy itinerary can.
My question is if anyone has any suggestions on how to make the itinerary more relaxed so that we're not constantly traveling. We're relatively active and like to hike and eat and drink wine, but I don't want to be on a bus/boat/train every day. We live in Brooklyn, so we're used to cities and public transportation, but would also like to escape the city. I've never been to Paris, which is why I've chosen it as half our trip.
Maybe we should skip Pompeii and/or Rome? Or spend two nights at a nicer hotel/resort with a pool in Rome or the Amalfi Coast, and less time in Praino? I'm not usually into spas, but maybe there is a spa-like place in Paris or on the Amalfi Coast where we could spend a day?
Let me know if you have any suggestions about how to add relaxing elements to this trip. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 2 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 3 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 4 10 day Italy
- 5 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 6 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 7 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 8 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 9 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 12 Planning a European Trip
- 13 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 14 France, UK and Ireland
- 15 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 16 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 17 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 18 Ireland
- 19 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 20 What do after Bernia Express?
- 21 No Periods in British Written English!
- 22 Does Mannedorf exist?
- 23 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 24 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 25 Santorini lodging
Seeking Ideas for a Relaxing Honeymoon in Paris and the Amalfi Coast