On a Friday in early June, we will be driving from Montepulciano to Venice (P. Roma) where we will be turning in our rental cars. Their office is closed 12:30-2pm and I believe the drive from Montepulciano to the rental car turn-in is between 3.5 and 4 hours. We would love to stop somewhere easily accessible by car on the way, trying to time it so that we arrive in Venice after 2pm when the rental desk is open again.
The "kicker" is that we will have our 16 month old and 3.5 yr old sons with us . So... no nice restaurants and I don't want to try a museum after they will be have been confined in the car so much of the day.
My original thought was Ravenna. How accessible is it via car, or would we need to park on the periphery and use public transport into the city? (Trying to avoid that for a short stop). My other thought was Villa Foscari ala Palladio fame, but it is not open to the public on Friday mornings.
Many thanks for any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 2 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 3 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 4 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 5 Verona and Lake Garda
- 6 How to save money when travellin' to London
- 7 European Cooking Secrets
- 8 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome
- 9 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 10 20 Days in Europe
- 11 Travel vs. Babies
- 12 The Local at -- Bavarian Police: Europe under Siege
- 13 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 14 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 15 Italy - rental car damages query
- 16 St Tropez vs Monaco
- 17 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 18 London's Must Sights!
- 19 McRent, Germany - AVOID!!!
- 20 Travel help
- 21 Le Marche Research Help
- 22 Get Ultimate Fun with England Escorts in the Bedroom
- 23 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 24 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 25 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
Seeking an interesting rest stop en route Montepulciano to Venice