On a Friday in early June, we will be driving from Montepulciano to Venice (P. Roma) where we will be turning in our rental cars. Their office is closed 12:30-2pm and I believe the drive from Montepulciano to the rental car turn-in is between 3.5 and 4 hours. We would love to stop somewhere easily accessible by car on the way, trying to time it so that we arrive in Venice after 2pm when the rental desk is open again.
The "kicker" is that we will have our 16 month old and 3.5 yr old sons with us . So... no nice restaurants and I don't want to try a museum after they will be have been confined in the car so much of the day.
My original thought was Ravenna. How accessible is it via car, or would we need to park on the periphery and use public transport into the city? (Trying to avoid that for a short stop). My other thought was Villa Foscari ala Palladio fame, but it is not open to the public on Friday mornings.
Many thanks for any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 2 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 3 Lisbon and Spain-"must see" advance tix?
- 4 Advice please: 10 days in South-West England with a toddler
- 5 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 6 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 7 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 8 Milan airport to Duomo area by train?
- 9 Rental car return in Nice
- 10 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 11 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 12 Alhambra
- 13 Naples
- 14 Norway and Copenhagen - 13 days
- 15 Paris hotels
- 16 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 17 French open 2017
- 18 Burgos vs Leon, Avila vs Segovia
- 19 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 20 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 21 Best Way to Get Two Single Day-Grounds, French Open (tennis) Tickets?
- 22 How many days for Tallinn, Riga and Vilinus?
- 23 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 24 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 25 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
Seeking an interesting rest stop en route Montepulciano to Venice