On a Friday in early June, we will be driving from Montepulciano to Venice (P. Roma) where we will be turning in our rental cars. Their office is closed 12:30-2pm and I believe the drive from Montepulciano to the rental car turn-in is between 3.5 and 4 hours. We would love to stop somewhere easily accessible by car on the way, trying to time it so that we arrive in Venice after 2pm when the rental desk is open again.
The "kicker" is that we will have our 16 month old and 3.5 yr old sons with us . So... no nice restaurants and I don't want to try a museum after they will be have been confined in the car so much of the day.
My original thought was Ravenna. How accessible is it via car, or would we need to park on the periphery and use public transport into the city? (Trying to avoid that for a short stop). My other thought was Villa Foscari ala Palladio fame, but it is not open to the public on Friday mornings.
Many thanks for any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 2 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 3 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 4 4 days itinerary for France
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 7 3 weeks in Spain
- 8 Rent a car in England
- 9 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 10 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 11 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 12 2017 Easter in Italy
- 13 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 14 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 15 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 16 Edinburgh to Skye
- 17 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 18 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 19 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 20 Croatia transportation question.
- 21 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 22 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 23 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 24 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 25 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
Seeking an interesting rest stop en route Montepulciano to Venice