On a Friday in early June, we will be driving from Montepulciano to Venice (P. Roma) where we will be turning in our rental cars. Their office is closed 12:30-2pm and I believe the drive from Montepulciano to the rental car turn-in is between 3.5 and 4 hours. We would love to stop somewhere easily accessible by car on the way, trying to time it so that we arrive in Venice after 2pm when the rental desk is open again.
The "kicker" is that we will have our 16 month old and 3.5 yr old sons with us . So... no nice restaurants and I don't want to try a museum after they will be have been confined in the car so much of the day.
My original thought was Ravenna. How accessible is it via car, or would we need to park on the periphery and use public transport into the city? (Trying to avoid that for a short stop). My other thought was Villa Foscari ala Palladio fame, but it is not open to the public on Friday mornings.
Many thanks for any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hp@ printer Wireless CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 3 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 4 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 5 Scotland itinerary help
- 6 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 7 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 8 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 9 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 10 Edinbrugh
- 11 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 12 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 13 Swimming to Paris
- 14 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 15 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 16 Istria in two days
- 17 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 18 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 19 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 20 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 21 Hiking in Switzerland
- 22 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 23 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 24 Notes on our Edinburgh trip (end of May 2017)
- 25 Belfast leading up to July 12
Seeking an interesting rest stop en route Montepulciano to Venice