On a Friday in early June, we will be driving from Montepulciano to Venice (P. Roma) where we will be turning in our rental cars. Their office is closed 12:30-2pm and I believe the drive from Montepulciano to the rental car turn-in is between 3.5 and 4 hours. We would love to stop somewhere easily accessible by car on the way, trying to time it so that we arrive in Venice after 2pm when the rental desk is open again.
The "kicker" is that we will have our 16 month old and 3.5 yr old sons with us . So... no nice restaurants and I don't want to try a museum after they will be have been confined in the car so much of the day.
My original thought was Ravenna. How accessible is it via car, or would we need to park on the periphery and use public transport into the city? (Trying to avoid that for a short stop). My other thought was Villa Foscari ala Palladio fame, but it is not open to the public on Friday mornings.
Many thanks for any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 2 London Itinerary - 4.5 days
- 3 Itinerary help
- 4 Cash machines ATM
- 5 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 6 YIKES!
- 7 ideas for four days in Reykjavic
- 8 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 9 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 10 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 11 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 12 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 13 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 14 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 15 Charming areas to explore in London
- 16 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 17 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 18 17 days Slovenia croatia
- 19 Is Mittenwald a good base for outdoor activities, etc?
- 20 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 21 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 22 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 23 Swiss Pass
- 24 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 25 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
Seeking an interesting rest stop en route Montepulciano to Venice