On a Friday in early June, we will be driving from Montepulciano to Venice (P. Roma) where we will be turning in our rental cars. Their office is closed 12:30-2pm and I believe the drive from Montepulciano to the rental car turn-in is between 3.5 and 4 hours. We would love to stop somewhere easily accessible by car on the way, trying to time it so that we arrive in Venice after 2pm when the rental desk is open again.
The "kicker" is that we will have our 16 month old and 3.5 yr old sons with us . So... no nice restaurants and I don't want to try a museum after they will be have been confined in the car so much of the day.
My original thought was Ravenna. How accessible is it via car, or would we need to park on the periphery and use public transport into the city? (Trying to avoid that for a short stop). My other thought was Villa Foscari ala Palladio fame, but it is not open to the public on Friday mornings.
Many thanks for any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 2 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 3 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 4 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 5 Azores
- 6 Short Trip in July
- 7 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 8 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 9 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 10 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 11 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 12 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 13 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 14 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 15 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 16 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 17 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 Sim Card Options
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 38 Days in Paris
- 22 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 23 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 24 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 25 Day trip ideas
Seeking an interesting rest stop en route Montepulciano to Venice