On a Friday in early June, we will be driving from Montepulciano to Venice (P. Roma) where we will be turning in our rental cars. Their office is closed 12:30-2pm and I believe the drive from Montepulciano to the rental car turn-in is between 3.5 and 4 hours. We would love to stop somewhere easily accessible by car on the way, trying to time it so that we arrive in Venice after 2pm when the rental desk is open again.
The "kicker" is that we will have our 16 month old and 3.5 yr old sons with us . So... no nice restaurants and I don't want to try a museum after they will be have been confined in the car so much of the day.
My original thought was Ravenna. How accessible is it via car, or would we need to park on the periphery and use public transport into the city? (Trying to avoid that for a short stop). My other thought was Villa Foscari ala Palladio fame, but it is not open to the public on Friday mornings.
Many thanks for any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shopping in Paris
- 2 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 3 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 4 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 5 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 6 Strike - again in France Tomorrow
- 7 Need help for itineray for Paris, Monaco, Rome, Florence 12 -14 days
- 8 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 9 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 10 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 11 December in Deutschland
- 12 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 13 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 14 Moscow and St Petersburg
- 15 cash or plastic in Greece
- 16 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 17 Rome and Venice in December
- 18 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 19 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 20 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 21 Seeking Diverse Experiences in Western France – Please Critique Itinerary!
- 22 planning confusion
- 23 Costa Brava/Girona vs. Dali Museum/Girona Tours With Spanish Trails
- 24 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 25 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
Seeking an interesting rest stop en route Montepulciano to Venice