I am traveling with 5 friends next summer (June 2015) to Italy. We are flying into Milan on Weds, June 17, and departing on a 7-day cruise from Venice on Saturday June 20. We will return to Venice on Saturday, June 27 and are flying out of Milan on Weds, July 1st. We would love some advice on how to spend our few days pre- and post-cruise in Northern Italy! We are a mix of novice and experienced travelers ranging from 24-32, with limited Italian.
We are interested in the following, in order of importance:
-Food tours, cooking classes, wine tastings/tours
-Markets, coffee shops, local culture
-Taking in local scenery and architecture
-Museums, art, famous sightseeing spots
Here is our tentative itinerary:
Weds: Fly into Milan
Thurs: Day trip to Parma (or Reggio Emilia, or both in one day), return to hotel in Milan
Friday: Explore Milan, late afternoon/evening train to Venice
Saturday: Morning in Venice, depart for Cruise
Saturday: Return from cruise, day in Venice
Sunday: Day trip to Verona
Monday: another day trip?? Or spend in Venice
Tuesday: Morning in Venice, afternoon train to Milan
Weds: flight home
I am thinking day trips are the best bet from our "home bases" in Milan and Venice, rather than, say, doing a night in Milan, a night in Parma, a night in Verona, etc. I'm worried we would spent half the day checking out of a hotel, dragging our luggage around, waiting to check into another hotel, then finally getting to explore. Though Verona is on the way to Milan, so maybe it would be worth spending a night there?
If we're really interested in doing some food/wine stuff, is Parma our best bet? Is there another nearby town to either Venice or Milan that would better meet our needs? One member of our group has been to Bologna and would rather visit a new place.
What do you think? We would love any advice!! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 2 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 3 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 4 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 5 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 6 Bursa/Iznik
- 7 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?
- 8 마카오바카라후기■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온카ぜ온카
- 9 My Topic Title33바카라■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■카지노추천ヵ카지노추천
- 10 대구외국인카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온카지노ゎ온카지노
- 11 카지노노하우■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온카ド온카
- 12 라이브카지노주소■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■라이브카지노む라이브카지노
- 13 아시안카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온라인바카라주소お온라인바카라주소
- 14 33카지노주소■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■아시안바카라の아시안바카라
- 15 럭스카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■인터넷카지노주소ば인터넷카지노주소
- 16 카지노의여신■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온라인카지노주소ト온라인카지노주소
- 17 강남카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■인터넷바카라주소カ인터넷바카라주소
- 18 하나바카라 ■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■슈퍼카지노ぅ슈퍼카지노
- 19 신천지릴게임 ▶홈-피:“kss998.com“◀
- 20 네임드카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■카지노사이트주소セ카지노사이트주소
- 21 운좋은카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온라인카지노ぉ온라인카지노
- 22 바카라배팅노하우■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■코리아카지노ィ코리아카지노
- 23 호게임주소■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■인터넷바카라パ인터넷바카라
- 24 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 25 바카라잘하는방법■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■인터넷카지노フ인터넷카지노
Seeking Advice on Itinerary for Summer 2015 Northern Italy Trip