I am new to Fodors and its forum, thanks in advance for those reading and helping us along. My friends and I are planning a trip to Europe this November. And our itinerary is planned as such
1. Munich: 12- 15th Nov (3 nights)
(Not booked yet)Overnight sleeper to
2. Venice: 16-17th Nov (1 night)
(Not booked yet) ItaliaRail
3. Florence: 17-21st Nov (4 nights)
+Keen for day tour to Tuscany and Rome
(Not booked yet) Flight on RyanAir to
4.London: 21 - 22nd Nov (1 night)
(Not Booked yet) Eurostar
5. Paris: 22 - 28th Nov
+Keen to explore other cities in France, Loire Valley etc?
My questions is:
i. Should i get Europass? Based on Ricksteves' train-fare maps (https://www.ricksteves.com/travel-tips/transportation/trains/cost-maps), I calculated that Venice- Munich, Munich-Florence, Florence-Rome will cost me about USD 310 per pax, whilst just the Europass without tickets would cost be about the same if not more. But, is these fares going to vary a lot if I buy the tickets closer/on that day? Or must i buy 2-3 months before? Not sure which option will make more sense here.
ii. Recommendation for day tour operators in Europe? Or if there are other options available etc, Student Guide, Interest Groups?
iii. Feel free to share any other recommendations that you think would be helpful
Thank You fabulous people ~~
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 2 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 3 SURPRISE TRIP
- 4 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 5 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 6 Paris in August
- 7 13 nights in switzerland
- 8 Europe for Beginners
- 9 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 10 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 11 thoughts on my itenerary France and Italy
- 12 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 13 Use of Train Tickets
- 14 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 15 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 16 Short time in Vienna
- 17 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 20 Iceland in January/February
- 21 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 22 Valencia Spain
- 23 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 24 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 25 Update on Bob the Navigator
Seeking advice for itinerary to Germany-Venice-Florence-London-Paris Trip