I am new to Fodors and its forum, thanks in advance for those reading and helping us along. My friends and I are planning a trip to Europe this November. And our itinerary is planned as such
1. Munich: 12- 15th Nov (3 nights)
(Not booked yet)Overnight sleeper to
2. Venice: 16-17th Nov (1 night)
(Not booked yet) ItaliaRail
3. Florence: 17-21st Nov (4 nights)
+Keen for day tour to Tuscany and Rome
(Not booked yet) Flight on RyanAir to
4.London: 21 - 22nd Nov (1 night)
(Not Booked yet) Eurostar
5. Paris: 22 - 28th Nov
+Keen to explore other cities in France, Loire Valley etc?
My questions is:
i. Should i get Europass? Based on Ricksteves' train-fare maps (https://www.ricksteves.com/travel-tips/transportation/trains/cost-maps), I calculated that Venice- Munich, Munich-Florence, Florence-Rome will cost me about USD 310 per pax, whilst just the Europass without tickets would cost be about the same if not more. But, is these fares going to vary a lot if I buy the tickets closer/on that day? Or must i buy 2-3 months before? Not sure which option will make more sense here.
ii. Recommendation for day tour operators in Europe? Or if there are other options available etc, Student Guide, Interest Groups?
iii. Feel free to share any other recommendations that you think would be helpful
Thank You fabulous people ~~
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 2 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 3 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 4 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 5 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 6 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 7 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 8 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 9 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 10 Rome to venice
- 11 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 12 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 13 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 14 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 15 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 16 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 Areas in Milan
- 19 Melia Colbert Paris
- 20 Perugia
- 21 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 22 Help please
- 23 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 24 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 25 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
Seeking advice for itinerary to Germany-Venice-Florence-London-Paris Trip