I am new to Fodors and its forum, thanks in advance for those reading and helping us along. My friends and I are planning a trip to Europe this November. And our itinerary is planned as such
1. Munich: 12- 15th Nov (3 nights)
(Not booked yet)Overnight sleeper to
2. Venice: 16-17th Nov (1 night)
(Not booked yet) ItaliaRail
3. Florence: 17-21st Nov (4 nights)
+Keen for day tour to Tuscany and Rome
(Not booked yet) Flight on RyanAir to
4.London: 21 - 22nd Nov (1 night)
(Not Booked yet) Eurostar
5. Paris: 22 - 28th Nov
+Keen to explore other cities in France, Loire Valley etc?
My questions is:
i. Should i get Europass? Based on Ricksteves' train-fare maps (https://www.ricksteves.com/travel-tips/transportation/trains/cost-maps), I calculated that Venice- Munich, Munich-Florence, Florence-Rome will cost me about USD 310 per pax, whilst just the Europass without tickets would cost be about the same if not more. But, is these fares going to vary a lot if I buy the tickets closer/on that day? Or must i buy 2-3 months before? Not sure which option will make more sense here.
ii. Recommendation for day tour operators in Europe? Or if there are other options available etc, Student Guide, Interest Groups?
iii. Feel free to share any other recommendations that you think would be helpful
Thank You fabulous people ~~
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurants in Spain
- 2 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 3 credit and debit cards
- 4 Transportation Question Italy
- 5 Help with basic itinerary
- 6 Short Trip to Paris
- 7 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 8 Greece and Italy Combo
- 9 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 10 Final Four
- 11 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 12 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 13 Where are the Mods?
- 14 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 15 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 16 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 17 Visit to Engand
- 18 Cinqueterre
- 19 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 20 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 21 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 22 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 23 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 24 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 25 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
Seeking advice for itinerary to Germany-Venice-Florence-London-Paris Trip